USB printer goes offline when it is connected to Anker 10 Port 60W USB HUB

zillah

Reaction score
ear Experts

Recently I bought Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub with 7 USB 3.0 Ports and 3 PowerIQ that connected to my windows 7 Desktop (Hub gets power form AC )

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDVCQ84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When i connect my canon pixma MP230 USB printer it goes offline (Yes for sure) , if I connect the usb cable to computer directly the same printer will be online again

Is that because USB hub doesn't supply enough power to the printer (tried many ports),,,,,,,,,,,,I have experienced the same issue before

Thanks

Psycovirus

Reaction score
The 3 PowerIQ ports don't carry data. Only for charging. The other 7 ports carry data but don't supply a lot of power
Your option will be to connect to PC only.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
USb hub is merely providing a connecting interface but lack the communication with the software installed in the computer.

Hence, once the printer went offline (by design), it won't be able to online again because the software is not able to detect the voltage different when the printer connected to hub and not the USB port on the PC.

zillah

Reaction score
USb hub is merely providing a connecting interface but lack the communication with the software installed in the computer.

Hence, once the printer went offline (by design), it won't be able to online again because the software is not able to detect the voltage different when the printer connected to hub and not the USB port on the PC.
Nice shoot
Thx

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.