Where to buy thermal pads?

Mindex

Reaction score
I need some pieces of thermal pad for replacing the old ones in my graphics card. Can you recommend some place where I can buy these?

Since I just need about 8 small pieces, I would prefer someplace where i can get just the required bits rather than paying for an entire sheet.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mindex

Reaction score
I went asking around for thermal pads in Sim Lim Square but none of the shops had it - i wanted a bottle of alcohol to remove the old thermal paste, they didn't even have it.

Finally, I bumped into a uncle who owns a repair show, who was willing to sell me a strip of thermal pad from his stock. I bought it but after reaching home realized that it was too thick. Besides, when I tested my rig with the new thermal pads, the temperatures went upwards of 150 degree C!

So, I'm still looking for thermal pads (0.5mm thick). Any help on getting these would be appreciated.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait. Whats this thermal pad use for? Please dont tell me you put it on processor?

bhtan83

Reaction score
U can buy 70% isopropyl alcohol from any pharmacy. Not sure about thermal pad.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thermal pads that is used for gpu can only be used on vrms and vrams sections. Not on the processing cores itself.

Mindex

Reaction score
Thermal pads that is used for gpu can only be used on vrms and vrams sections. Not on the processing cores itself.

Ya - i realize that. Most of the existing thermal pads were disintegrating and needed replacing.

When I opened the Card (it's a 6950), the old thermal paste on the GPU had solidified - i had a tough time removing it (used acetone based solvent).

I have applied fresh thermal paste but I'm stuck with replacing the thermal pads - i have already thrown away the original ones & the new ones i got are too thick :(

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any pharmacy will sell isopropyl alcohol. Or you can get alcohol wipes instead, more convenient and easy to wipe off. $2/pack from NTUC

ZAPPY-ALCOHOL-WIPES.jpg

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
These?

Thermally Conductive Double-Sided Adhesive Transfer Tapes (100 x 50mm)

3m-8810-thermal-tape-05.jpg~original

Mindex

Reaction score
These?

Thermally Conductive Double-Sided Adhesive Transfer Tapes (100 x 50mm)

@t258jgn: Yes, this is what i'm looking for. Would you have these listed in your sales thread (i'm looking for 0.5mm thick sheets)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.