Amazon now offers free international shipping to Singapore... (strictly no referral link)

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
Ha! You are like me. I've bought about 11 SSDs like Crucial M4 7mm, 9.5mm and msata, Kingston, Sandisk Extreme, Corsair red, OCZ Vertex 4. Samsung 830 and 840. Also bought Seagate 4 SSHDs. 128gb for about USD60 and 256 gb for about USD150. Did you buy the recent Sandisk Extreme 250gb for USD149.99 during the gold deal sometime back? I saw the latest SSDs pricing and was worried so decided to hoot 2 more to keep as spare / backup. Now aiming for Crucial M500 960gb. No free delivery but cheaper in terms of GB/$.

I've bought 2x crucial, 3x sandisk (yes, one of them from the recent goldbox deal), 2 x ocz and 3 x kingston. Didn't buy any samsung SSD coz i have bad experience with samsung product.

Now no computer in my house runs without SSD. In fact, none of them using normal HDD. Even my PS3 is running on SSD!!!!:D

Yes, i'm aiming on crucial m500 960gb also. Might buy one if there's goldbox deal for it.

deweylim

Reaction score
I've bought 2x crucial, 3x sandisk (yes, one of them from the recent goldbox deal), 2 x ocz and 3 x kingston. Didn't buy any samsung SSD coz i have bad experience with samsung product.

Now no computer in my house runs without SSD. In fact, none of them using normal HDD. Even my PS3 is running on SSD!!!!:D

Yes, i'm aiming on crucial m500 960gb also. Might buy one if there's goldbox deal for it.

why you guys don't have intel.. mother of SSDs.. :p

ginseng1

Master Member
Reaction score
Use comgateway or hopshopgo "estimate shipping fee service".
Simply log in their page and there's a link there
Just key in the URL of your product that you intended to buy.
After that, they will quote you the shipping fee via email.
You can pay USD3 to lock the shipping fee once you're ok with the estimated shipping charge.
"Lock" as in what they quote you, that is the final amount you pay even the product might be heavier after shipped by retailer.

Thanks. Was quoted the following for a Sony 55inch LED.

Estimated chargeable weight : 60.0 kg (weight before crating)
Please be advised crating is recommended for TV due to its fragility to damage.
Crating charges range from $350 to $550 for TV & may add up 45 to 65 kg of weight to the original packing.

wizardundo

Reaction score
Hi, want to ask if I want to order from Amazon, can I use Singapore debit card instead of Credit Card? Anyone uses debit card to order? Thanks in advance :o

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, want to ask if I want to order from Amazon, can I use Singapore debit card instead of Credit Card? Anyone uses debit card to order? Thanks in advance :o

If not wrong yes you can,provided your balances is more than the item purchased.

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. Was quoted the following for a Sony 55inch LED.

Estimated chargeable weight : 60.0 kg (weight before crating)
Please be advised crating is recommended for TV due to its fragility to damage.
Crating charges range from $350 to $550 for TV & may add up 45 to 65 kg of weight to the original packing.

Meaning what? Care to elaborate, i might be interested :D

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
local 7850 is 25x. buy from az is 22x? about 30 in saving? got warranty bo? if bo, then bo hua? or i calculate wrongly?

The cheapest Asus HD 7850 2GB here is around 290 bucks. Cheapest is from Powercolor if I am not mistaken @ around 250 bucks.

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
local 7850 is 25x. buy from az is 22x? about 30 in saving? got warranty bo? if bo, then bo hua? or i calculate wrongly?

Get asus one, confirmed worth. Save about SGD70 plus shake leg at home wait for it to reach ur doorstep:D

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
damn the xfi hd all sold out.
Well it is the most powerful sound card ever. xfi chip is the real deal. :vijayadmin:

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
Might hunt for 1 SSD for gf.. entire house on SSDs liao. 840 Pro 512 for me, C300 256 for dad and C300 128 for mom.

SSD really worth it even if you are running a 4 year old dual core AMD system. Made a TON of difference to my mom's comp. Hoot SSD.

ginseng1

Master Member
Reaction score
prices on Amazon seem to be on upward trend. Is it because of strong buying interest from Singapore?

I think Amazon has pricing mechanism to move their prices. If demand exceeds supply, prices will go up. So when prices look attractive, hoot first, talk later like papa97 preaches.

ginseng1

Master Member
Reaction score
Realise some regulars never post here. Perhaps they have priority from distros, hence cannot openly comment here. :D

That's how that world works. safeguard one's own interest first. Just like properties. My colleagues are so hush hush. I big mouth talk about my district 10 condo purchase and whole office knew about it. All started from a colleague whom I trusted, an indian lady. Big mouth twxx!

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meaning what? Care to elaborate, i might be interested :D

Crating means packing the item into a crate with packing materials to protect the item during shipping.

Without crating - shipping costs based on 60 kg.
With crating - shipping costs based on 60 kg + 45 to 65 kg i.e. 105 to 125 kg. Additional crating charges of $350 to $550 apply.

In either case, add 7% GST and be beware of compatibility issues - it is not so simple as plugging the TV in. US use 110 V while Singapore uses 230 V AC power supply. If you plug your shiny new TV into a local power socket, you will get to enjoy a beautiful but brief fireworks display. Also, US TVs are on NTSC and usually do not support PAL.

It is possible to circumvent these two problems with a hefty step-down transformer and NTSC-to-PAL converter which means additional costs.

If you are just trying to save costs, you would probably be better off buying locally.

I speak from personal experience as my entire home entertainment system was imported from the US.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.