Buyer's Guide II: Extreme, High-End, Mid-Range, Budget, and Entry Level Systems - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
我要买GT-R!;68124313 said:
Just curious, why the builds recommended by TS is all Z77 mobo on the first page.
Why no opt for H77 or B75 mobo for budget builds that does not comes with unlocked processor?
Because Z77 MBs were launched first, will update post #1 :D

adamoic

Reaction score
Asus P8H77-V Motherboard
Intel Core i5 - 3570
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8gb
Sharkoon Tauron
Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HDD
reusing my Palit GT 560 ti sonic gpu
optical drive (recommend a cheap ($20/@30) optical drive?)

what do you think of this build?

limjunjie86

Reaction score
Asus P8H77-V Motherboard
Intel Core i5 - 3570
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8gb
Sharkoon Tauron
Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HDD
reusing my Palit GT 560 ti sonic gpu
optical drive (recommend a cheap ($20/@30) optical drive?)

what do you think of this build?

good enough. maybe an ssd?

Slovius

Reaction score
Building a best performance gaming PC, Need advice :)

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am currently looking to build a best performance gaming PC for playing and work as well. Pls give me some advice as I am unsure of the parts to buy. :)

I have a budget of $4,000 to build the com without monitor as I will be using my TV as the monitor.

Thanks a lot :)

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am currently looking to build a best performance gaming PC for playing and work as well. Pls give me some advice as I am unsure of the parts to buy. :)

I have a budget of $4,000 to build the com without monitor as I will be using my TV as the monitor.

I have about the same budget as you and this is what I am planning to go with

I7-3770k with asus maximus v formula - 866
Seasonic 1000 platinum - 359
Corsair vengeance cl9 1600mhz 2x4gb - 78
2x msi gtx 680 lightning- 1708
Corsair 800d-499
Intel 520 240gb- 459
Noctua d14-149
Windows-129

Still need buy some fans for the case...if wan watercool add another 1k to ur budget lol

Last edited:

Reaction score

With that kind of budget, you should start a new thread and then give us more details.

Like whether you plan to O/C? Do you want to SLI/Crossfire? What you plan to do on your comp? Like what games you play and what kind of work you do on it etc.

Also, gaming wise, TV isnt really THAT recommended for a monitor and with your budget, its more than enough to squeeze in a few monitors.

charge

Reaction score
Hi all the Lao Jiaos!

Need help for building a budget pc for my parents.
They are only using it for basic needs eg. watch show, surf net. Definitely not gaming. Very basic.

Will be recycling a 80GB HD, mouse+kb, casing, dvdwriter, monitor and OS.

Would like to have a SSD to speed up loading up performance too:)

Thank you many many for the advice!

stranded88

Reaction score
Hi all the Lao Jiaos!

Need help for building a budget pc for my parents.
They are only using it for basic needs eg. watch show, surf net. Definitely not gaming. Very basic.s

Will be recycling a 80GB HD, mouse+kb, casing, dvdwriter, monitor and OS.

Would like to have a SSD to speed up loading up performance too:)

Thank you many many for the advice!

ello so what is ur budget?

Mobo + CPU: Gigabyte B75M + I3-2120 $261
RAM: G-skill 4gb $28
SSD: Crucial M4 128gb $185
Casing + PSU: Xigmatek Asgard XP + Seasonic S12II 520w Non Modular $129

Total $601 taken from PCT.Not sure if this fit ur budget if not we can adjust lol... alternatively u can just take a custom made pc from SLS shop :)

Last edited:

charge

Reaction score
ello so what is ur budget?

Mobo + CPU: Gigabyte B75M + I5-3470 $261
RAM: G-skill 4gb $28
SSD: Crucial M4 128gb $185
Casing + PSU: Xigmatek Asgard XP + Seasonic S12II 520w Non Modular $129

Total $601 taken from PCT.Not sure if this fit ur budget if not we can adjust lol... alternatively u can just take a custom made pc from SLS shop :)

Thanks for the quick reply!!
My budget is as cheap as possible (1st-hand rig) that can achieve the objective.
Custom made PC still more expensive as compared to choose components and build at SLS? Or same? Paiseh very noob about building com

stranded88

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!!
My budget is as cheap as possible (1st-hand rig) that can achieve the objective.
Custom made PC still more expensive as compared to choose components and build at SLS? Or same? Paiseh very noob about building com

hi np... anyway got a typo is i3 not i5 i copy paste from my prev post change price forgot change cpu haha. anyway not heavy usage i3 sure can liao. although if more budget the cpu can go lower but i dun really like recommending anything lower than i3 lol...

wat i mean custom made is actually those PC they diy and sell in SLS shop. u can download them from the price list on top in hwz lol... the price is around the same for low end one but if u noe wat u r gonna get just give the shop a list to assemble lo got more flexibility in choosing ur own preferred parts as to sticking to their custom made one.

anyway for SSD actually u can get from tradepac cheaper. crucial M4 selling for $175 there. I recommend crucial cos been reading good reviews and using it myself too. but if u wanna cut cost u can go OCZ agility 3 $138 at tradepac

Insane11

Reaction score
My Fujitsu laptop failed on me,repair will cost me $300(external) or $600 from Fujitsu.

Waste if repair so wanna get a basic no-frills desktop mainly for my mum as I'll be enlisting in NS in a month, we used to share the laptop.

Main use is surf the net and sometimes torrent movies and tv shows. I game on a console so no need the expensive setup.

Last time got desktop was 5 years ago, lol.

adamoic

Reaction score
My Fujitsu laptop failed on me,repair will cost me $300(external) or $600 from Fujitsu.

Waste if repair so wanna get a basic no-frills desktop mainly for my mum as I'll be enlisting in NS in a month, we used to share the laptop.

Main use is surf the net and sometimes torrent movies and tv shows. I game on a console so no need the expensive setup.

Intel® Sandy Bridge processors
G620 2.6GHz 3MB Cache
BioStar H61MU3B (Intel H61) Mainboard
w/VGA/Gbit Lan/USB3.0/HD Sound
Integrated 3D Graphic
Kingston PC3-1333 DDR3 2GB Ram
Seagate / Hitachi 500GB SATA3 Harddisk
Samsung 22X DvD-Writer SATA
Vios 6918/7270 Case w/450W PSU
Logitech Media Combo MK200 / MS Wired Desktop 600 (K/B +Mouse)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (OEM)

total is $480 from fuwell. can go the pricelist to see the offtheshelf pcs they have.

x3illuminate

Reaction score

CPU+MB:Asus P8H61-M LXB3 + G620 - $172(Fuwell)
RAM:GSKILL DDR3 4GB - $28
HDD:Hitachi 500GB - $92
PSU:FSP 400W - $59
Case:Cooler Master Elite 311 - $65

Get the rest at PCThemes.
Total:$416

Insane11

Reaction score
Alright. For both recommendations, do I get to connect to the internet wirelessly? And the connection is vga port?

stranded88

Reaction score
Alright. For both recommendations, do I get to connect to the internet wirelessly? And the connection is vga port?

For connecting to wireless, u will need a pci or usb wireless adapter. cost around 20-40 depend on which type u buy. and connecting can be via vga port :)

ming040880

Reaction score
advice needed

Hi Guys,

What do you think of this. No Oc, just surfing net, some bt, some hd movies and some diablo 3. My main concern is acutally the motherboard, not sure which to get. The rest of the the components, pretty much the same.

Asus P8Z77-M PRO + I5 3750

Not intending to get a graphics card, my question is will the onboard graphics be able to support Diablo 3?

Insane11

Reaction score
For connecting to wireless, u will need a pci or usb wireless adapter. cost around 20-40 depend on which type u buy. and connecting can be via vga port :)

Got it! If I want to upgrade to a dvi/hdmi port, how much more to the budget?

Thank you for the help everyone :)

stranded88

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What do you think of this. No Oc, just surfing net, some bt, some hd movies and some diablo 3. My main concern is acutally the motherboard, not sure which to get. The rest of the the components, pretty much the same.

Asus P8Z77-M PRO + I5 3750

Not intending to get a graphics card, my question is will the onboard graphics be able to support Diablo 3?

lol if u not oc u shldnt get Asus P8Z77-M PRO, anyway u mean I5-3570? i not very sure but d3 requirement is not high so maybe it can play in low setting but y dun u get a Gigabyte B75M-D3V + I5-3470 then use the money save and top up a bit to get a hd 6850 that can play d3 on high or comb the market place for a 2nd hand card. my 2 cent :)

Got it! If I want to upgrade to a dvi/hdmi port, how much more to the budget?

Thank you for the help everyone :)

actually if u gonna use dvi/hdmi, it must depend on whether ur monitor and ur graphic card got support. most monitor nowadays got support dvi so no prob. in ur case, since u using onboard graphic, u must see if ur mobo got dvi/hdmi. if u willing to up ur budget, get asrock pro4/mvp if u willing to up ur budget that one got both dvi and hdmi :)

Insane11

Reaction score
actually if u gonna use dvi/hdmi, it must depend on whether ur monitor and ur graphic card got support. most monitor nowadays got support dvi so no prob. in ur case, since u using onboard graphic, u must see if ur mobo got dvi/hdmi. if u willing to up ur budget, get asrock pro4/mvp if u willing to up ur budget that one got both dvi and hdmi :)

I see. Im currently using a Dell u2312hm for my xbox via dvi port. Dvi port enough already, hdmi sure increase the budget. May need to sell my Dell and get the Asus vs239h, got hdmi port if I wanna use both xbox n pc at the same time. Or just connect my xbox via vga cable but dono quality good anot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.