Buyer's Guide II: Extreme, High-End, Mid-Range, Budget, and Entry Level Systems - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks! The thing is I can't load into desktop, computer boot up but no display. So I suspected it might be the GPU but then again I changed it quite recently only.

if u cant see post, can u just boot up with everything remove and just ur mobo and cpu and test using your onboard gpu and see

adrielx

Reaction score
Btw, I am looking on Qoo10 for Windows 7. Found a seller (Digi SG) selling OEM Win 7 Home for $49 only.

What does OEM mean?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, I am looking on Qoo10 for Windows 7. Found a seller (Digi SG) selling OEM Win 7 Home for $49 only.

What does OEM mean?

Original Equipment Manufacturer. its means that the disk is actually to those like lenovo or hp pc markers to sell their pc with the windows OS.
and these disc only comes with 1 time use, as it is tied to the mobo itself.

adrielx

Reaction score
Original Equipment Manufacturer. its means that the disk is actually to those like lenovo or hp pc markers to sell their pc with the windows OS.
and these disc only comes with 1 time use, as it is tied to the mobo itself.

understood. thanks.

But for now can utilise free upgrade to Win 10 on this OEM Windows OS?

adrielx

Reaction score
Yes u can do that. So long u do it b4 29th July.

now my problem is I forgot that transferring of SSD to different MOBO means the windows software cannot be used liao. So i should leave the SSD in the old build (which is passed down to my son) so that version of Win 10 inside can still be used.

Then buy a new SSD & OEM Win 7 or 10 for the new build.

Any good & reliable 500GB SSD to recommend?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now my problem is I forgot that transferring of SSD to different MOBO means the windows software cannot be used liao. So i should leave the SSD in the old build (which is passed down to my son) so that version of Win 10 inside can still be used.

Then buy a new SSD & OEM Win 7 or 10 for the new build.

Any good & reliable 500GB SSD to recommend?

well i say depends on how u want to go lol. u can go either way, just that it will be a bit costly for a new SSD with OEM win7 and upgrade to 10.

u can consider getting transcend or zotac for their 480GB ssd. as they are quite cheap.

adrielx

Reaction score
well i say depends on how u want to go lol. u can go either way, just that it will be a bit costly for a new SSD with OEM win7 and upgrade to 10.

u can consider getting transcend or zotac for their 480GB ssd. as they are quite cheap.

currently video-pro selling Acer Predator XB270HU for $899. I still got one Qoo10 $100 coupon left over.

Wonder if I should hoot this monitor for $799.. coupon expiring tonight... tough decision..:s11:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently video-pro selling Acer Predator XB270HU for $899. I still got one Qoo10 $100 coupon left over.

Wonder if I should hoot this monitor for $799.. coupon expiring tonight... tough decision..:s11:

just buy but do u have any $10 item coupons? if have add with it.

anyway the next time there is a $100 off will be maybe next month or next few months later.

but im not sure if that is the cheapest one u can get for that acer. :o

adrielx

Reaction score

just buy but do u have any $10 item coupons? if have add with it.

anyway the next time there is a $100 off will be maybe next month or next few months later.

but im not sure if that is the cheapest one u can get for that acer. :o

I think I can wait until Black Friday sales. feeling the pain of spending over $2k on new build already. :spin:

icymoon

Reaction score
Hi I would like to build a PC that just for games like LoL and Hearthstone.
Budget 600$. Possible?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I would like to build a PC that just for games like LoL and Hearthstone.
Budget 600$. Possible?

ASROCK H81-HDS +i3 6140@235
Kingston DDR3 8GB @47
Toshiba 1TB @64
Palit Geforce GTX750 Ti StormX Dual 2GB @152+3
Inwin 644 300watts micro atx @99 (Lazer)

Total: 600

Price quote from PCThemes, otherwise stated.
Lazada promo i think runs till this week. so if u want better purchase it fast.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of customising 2 x desktops for office usage. Word, excel and Photoshop usage.

I would like at least GTX750Ti level of GPU performance.. with i5 + 8GB RAM. Need monitor 22" FHD matt display too. Any recommendations? Budget as low as possible.. $900 enough? Thanks guys!

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of customising 2 x desktops for office usage. Word, excel and Photoshop usage.

I would like at least GTX750Ti level of GPU performance.. with i5 + 8GB RAM. Need monitor 22" FHD matt display too. Any recommendations? Budget as low as possible.. $900 enough? Thanks guys!
How often os your Photoshop? And do u do high resolution?
Beside that 900 is for work or Photoshop PC or both?

delulytric

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for an average PC that costs around 1.1k+- that can support most games, particularly those newer released games.

What are the viable specs for such a PC?

And also I asked a 1.2k quote, the specs that he gave me was CPU i5-6500, MB Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2 DDR3, G-skill 8GB, PSU FSP550W 80+ HEXA plus, GFX Gigabyte GTX950 2GB Windforce, SSD 250GB Samsung EVO, HDD Western.D 1TB, Coolermaster 343 Casing. Is this a good deal?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for an average PC that costs around 1.1k+- that can support most games, particularly those newer released games.

What are the viable specs for such a PC?

And also I asked a 1.2k quote, the specs that he gave me was CPU i5-6500, MB Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2 DDR3, G-skill 8GB, PSU FSP550W 80+ HEXA plus, GFX Gigabyte GTX950 2GB Windforce, SSD 250GB Samsung EVO, HDD Western.D 1TB, Coolermaster 343 Casing. Is this a good deal?

ok base on what he quote total cost : 1041. (price got from PCTheme)

but overall i still think its not that good, esp the mobo is a ddr3 verison and gpu wise still best that u get a RX 480/ GTX 970 (comes with a free overwatch game)

if u dun mind his build den go for. if not, den i reply to u what to get.

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.