HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HWC Guidelines (Updated as of 22 Jan 2010). Irrelevant threads will be moved/deleted.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #31

lifestyle de sub forum EDMW no longer sticky outing or willing to have another sub forum for outing ,thus it is neither here no there . organise outing need to up the bloody thread, that is y damm tulan of leinad

thus my stands until now either is private outing or no outing from me at all ever since the thead started u nv see me organise le, and people organising makan outing is getting lesser and lesser

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com....php?t=2283097
There must be a valid reason why leinad no longer stuck outing thread.

Let me and other moderators discuss about it and try to work out something for you guys, don't take this as a promise, we are trying to make everyone feel at home in HWC.

Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar
commach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #32
Great Supremacy Member

reason is they tired to sticky n unsticky it
raven1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #33
Junior Moderator

In the light of recent events and feedback, the following guidelines have been laid down in addition.
  1. Forum outings will be restricted to 1 per 3 months. After the event, the thread will be locked for archiving.
  2. No more dedications to members or distros in the main forum. All dedication to individuals belong in the rating forum and distros in their respective sub-forums.
  3. Questions about magazines, programs or software and even jokes will be merged with either the Chit Chat thread or to the appropriate forums.
Please report any inappropriate behavior. We will be more than willing to stop issuing yellow cards but serious and/or repeat offenders will still receive infractions.
Yes force

I kind of agree to you there, too many gatherings and people will just get tired of them.

And by gatherings i assume you refer to those bigger ones where money is involved. Small gatherings to visit SLS or shows will most likely be posted on the OT thread, and you may want to add that point on.
Old 17-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #34
Senior Moderator

Yes force

I kind of agree to you there, too many gatherings and people will just get tired of them.

And by gatherings i assume you refer to those bigger ones where money is involved. Small gatherings to visit SLS or shows will most likely be posted on the OT thread, and you may want to add that point on.
Indeed, thanks for the clarification. Any outing with money involved is always a hairy issue. That's why it's best to minimise the risks.

We work together and everything will work out just fine.
Old 17-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

Very good read.
pa9797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #36
Senior Moderator

I have a question to ask, cause I want to help others view sites that are helpful for them, but I cannot post or include links to my post, I wanna know how many post do I need to post a link. Thanks.
For any forum other than EDMW, it should be 50. For EDMW it's 100.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #37

okay, thanks lyfeforce.
Sean Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #38

I like this forum, I have many problems to solve, thank you
Kyle87st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

I refer to this post/thread.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ha...l#post63320513

I know FDs paid for the right to promote certain product, and it makes great sense. I don't want to be spammed with advertisements either. But, what I am not sure if how talking about a bugfix (showing that the product was flawed) is deem to be promoting a product. If I did buy a cruical ssd (which I didn't), I would certainly appreciate someone telling me how to fix an issue that I have been facing... 3 days before the distributor finally noticed the 'cure'.
lobo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #40

I refer to this post/thread.
Crucial firmware fix released for Crucial M4 SSD drives - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

I know FDs paid for the right to promote certain product, and it makes great sense. I don't want to be spammed with advertisements either. But, what I am not sure if how talking about a bugfix (showing that the product was flawed) is deem to be promoting a product. If I did buy a cruical ssd (which I didn't), I would certainly appreciate someone telling me how to fix an issue that I have been facing... 3 days before the distributor finally noticed the 'cure'.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nobody said the deleted thread was advertising, I have no idea how you came to this conclusion.

The words "Please post it in the appropriate forum in future." clearly stated without any indication of advertising, no?

There is a Storage Clinic for storage devices, even fellow moderators/administrator post storage devices questions/threads in Storage Clinic, does it make sense if certain members are given exception to post it in the wrong forum: Hardware Clinic?

Julius Caesar
Old 16-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Nobody said the deleted thread was advertising, I have no idea how you came to this conclusion.

The words "Please post it in the appropriate forum in future." clearly stated without any indication of advertising, no?

There is a Storage Clinic for storage devices, even fellow moderators/administrator post storage devices questions/threads in Storage Clinic, does it make sense if certain members are given exception to post it in the wrong forum: Hardware Clinic?
ok. It does make sense if you removed it because it should have gone to Storage forum. i.e. content issue. I will be honest and admit that if I had that ssd issue, I will be refreshing Storage Forum page if I wanted latest update.

I misunderstood because the 'reason' you gave was
FDs paid for the rights to post/promote all products in Hardware Clinic as long as the account is a FDs account with the red colour Hardware Clinic tag.
In addition, after that you said that
There are FDs account received warning/infraction when they posted in the wrong forum
So, if it was the content that was wrong, then the FD (MichaelTan) would be guilty of the same? Since the thread is active, and you are aware (you have posted in it), the content isn't an issue?

... back to being confused.
lobo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #42

I misunderstood because the 'reason' you gave was

In addition, after that you said that So, if it was the content that was wrong, then the FD (MichaelTan) would be guilty of the same? Since the thread is active, and you are aware (you have posted in it), the content isn't an issue?

... back to being confused.
Nothing confused, the FDs posted in the forum without the corresponding tag to the particular forum.

For example, if FD "Z" post a thread in Hardware Clinic without the Hardware Clinic tag, it will be moved to their respective e-forum for the first time and warning/infraction if the same account continue to post in Hardware Clinic without the tag.

Julius Caesar
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.