I forced ATI and nvidia to marry

T_altantic

Reaction score
Hey bro, coolz if u can try 5970 with phsyx! Perhaps we can compare it with GTX295. LOL...

Ragga_Hippo

Banned
Reaction score
this sort of thing has been around for some time already i tot?

How come u peeps didn't know?

Btw i have a 9800gx2 do u think i can use that for phsyX?

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have 2 qns:D

1.) since u have 2 cards in a P55 setup, will the will there be a bandwidth limitation and reduction in benchmark scores for the first card?

2.)is my 8600gt ddr2 good enuf for physX?

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i have a current gtx260, do i still have to add another card for physx or already have onboard, does it help in gaming? any eg of cards that can physx?

viktOzzz

Master Member
Reaction score
bro LS, nvr heard of this phrase before arh??

勉强是没有幸福的... ;);)=:p=:p

but then hor, i admire ur time and perseverance to try it out...

when wan to come out for kopi?? before me go back to cave again (闭关修练) for the next few mths..

me shd be going to ... (u know where) on one of the Apr sat for maintenance.. u can go bring out ur drift machine oso.. then we can go for bak kut teh and such, wanna join me?? juz dun let the jiu hu mata chase us nia.. =:p=:p

Last edited:

longsiew

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro LS, nvr heard of this phrase before arh??

勉强是没有幸福的... ;);)=:p=:p

but then hor, i admire ur time and perseverance to try it out...

when wan to come out for kopi?? before me go back to cave again (闭关修练) for the next few mths..

me shd be going to ... (u know where) on one of the Apr sat for maintenance.. u can go bring out ur drift machine oso.. then we can go for bak kut teh and such, wanna join me?? juz dun let the jiu hu mata chase us nia.. =:p=:p

lol...u always pom pi pi.

This weekend dun go jiu hu. Jiu hu mata sibeh on le coz its long weekend=:p

longsiew

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guide

Before this u must have files below pre-installed in yr HDD
a) ATI Driver (10.2 or 10.3-both are working fine for me)
b) nvidia driver 196.21-die die must use this driver if not the patch cannot work
c) physX mod 1.02

1) Win 7 home premium 64bit / Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit RC1 installed in yr HDD
2) Install ATI card in 1st PCI-E Slot and nvidia card in 2nd PCI-E slot
3) Connect the DVI cable from the ATI card to yr monitor. Dun connect anything to yr nvidia card.
4) Switch on yr system and load into OS
5) Under OS, use Driver Sweeper from guru3d to clean the ATI/nvidia driver and nvidia physX
6) Then, install ATI Driver 10.3(10.2 also working for me-up to u to decide which u want)
7) Restart and load into OS to make sure yr ATI driver installed properly
8) Restart again and press F8 yo load into Safe mode. Install nvidia driver 196.21. Dun restart and activate the mod driver 1.02. U can see a weird design software pop up and with music. Click on 'bake' and if the patch is working, it will prompt you the patch is done.
9) Restart and load into OS
10) Right click on yr mouse and u can see under the tap will appear nvidia Control panel
11) Clink on the nvidia control panel and u should be able to see there is physX enable or disable page. Click on 'enable' and yr screen will turn black for few seconds. Then it will resume as normal.
12) Viola.
13) To check if the physX enabled is based on hardware or not. Try to run physX FluidMark. If it is base on hardware, then on the top left screen u can see wording hardware physX . That's meant u are successful to let yr nvidia to run as physX card.

Note: nvidia driver 196.21 must be combo with physX mod 1.02. The key here is to macth correctly nvidia driver for the physX mod. U can have 196.21 with physX mod 1.01 but it won't work. I will leave it to u to test which driver is working for which physX mod.

and google is yr best friend as always

Last edited:

longsiew

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

KalTorak

Reaction score
wow...glad to know that this patch also working on AMD platform;)
Yupz...and thanks for your guide.
The one found on websites got me lost when it asks to extend display and what not.

Now with prices for HD5870 dropping, maybe more ppl will try this out.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=44759107&postcount=2529
http://www.thepotterhouse.net/livestore/product_info.php?products_id=6042

P.Color HD5870 @ $569 (usual $619). Other brands still around ~$599.

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guide

Before this u must have files below pre-installed in yr HDD
a) ATI Driver (10.2 or 10.3-both are working fine for me)
b) nvidia driver 196.21-die die must use this driver if not the patch cannot work
c) physX mod 1.02

1) Win 7 home premium 64bit / Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit RC1 installed in yr HDD
2) Install ATI card in 1st PCI-E Slot and nvidia card in 2nd PCI-E slot
3) Connect the DVI cable from the ATI card to yr monitor. Dun connect anything to yr nvidia card.
4) Switch on yr system and load into OS
5) Under OS, use Driver Sweeper from guru3d to clean the ATI/nvidia driver and nvidia physX
6) Then, install ATI Driver 10.3(10.2 also working for me-up to u to decide which u want)
7) Restart and load into OS to make sure yr ATI driver installed properly
8) Restart again and press F8 yo load into Safe mode. Install nvidia driver 196.21. Dun restart and activate the mod driver 1.02. U can see a weird design software pop up and with music. Click on 'bake' and if the patch is working, it will prompt you the patch is done.
9) Restart and load into OS
10) Right click on yr mouse and u can see under the tap will appear nvidia Control panel
11) Clink on the nvidia control panel and u should be able to see there is physX enable or disable page. Click on 'enable' and yr screen will turn black for few seconds. Then it will resume as normal.
12) Viola.
13) To check if the physX enabled is based on hardware or not. Try to run physX FluidMark. If it is base on hardware, then on the top left screen u can see wording hardware physX . That's meant u are successful to let yr nvidia to run as physX card.

Note: nvidia driver 196.21 must be combo with physX mod 1.02. The key here is to macth correctly nvidia driver for the physX mod. U can have 196.21 with physX mod 1.01 but it won't work. I will leave it to u to test which driver is working for which physX mod.

and google is yr best friend as always

for gaming any improvement?

longsiew

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yupz...and thanks for your guide.
The one found on websites got me lost when it asks to extend display and what not.

Now with prices for HD5870 dropping, maybe more ppl will try this out.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=44759107&postcount=2529
http://www.thepotterhouse.net/livestore/product_info.php?products_id=6042

P.Color HD5870 @ $569 (usual $619). Other brands still around ~$599.

Ya..I went to ang mo forum and catch no ball. I went to Taiwan forum also catch no ball. Then just trial and error till it works. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.