Noctua D14 VS Prolimatech Megahalem

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa need so many ah 3 bottle

i used 3 pet bottles to clean my V8 haha... but i soaked it for too long.. the joints loosened.. have to manually secure it back..

depending on the pail that u use... the one i am using just nice to place a v8 inside.. maybe i can get a smaller one and hopefully 2 bottles will do :D:D

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any figures in Real Temp to show the core temps?

Ever since RealTemp 3.0 (which I believe, is released about a year back), HWM and RealTemp displays the same temps. I don't see why I need to post the same exact temperatures twice?

RealTemp is only good for sensor testing nowadays, HWM covers much more information...

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I receive a very interesting question in pm. How to read the temperatures?

megasflex.jpg

It basically means:

Min (means idle)
Core0: 38 degree
Core1: 38 degree
Core2: 37 degree
Core3: 38 degree

Max (means load)
Core0: 62 degree
Core1: 61 degree
Core2: 60 degree
Core3: 61 degree

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ever since RealTemp 3.0 (which I believe, is released about a year back), HWM and RealTemp displays the same temps. I don't see why I need to post the same exact temperatures twice?

RealTemp is only good for sensor testing nowadays, HWM covers much more information...

gum xia :D

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
CoreTemp for G15 keyboard LCD output! :)

BTW, anyone tested Titan Fenrir?

Glaive

Reaction score
i used 3 pet bottles to clean my V8 haha... but i soaked it for too long.. the joints loosened.. have to manually secure it back..

depending on the pail that u use... the one i am using just nice to place a v8 inside.. maybe i can get a smaller one and hopefully 2 bottles will do :D:D

Hey ionicle how long do you need to soak it for ? I'm planning to clean my u12 as well :) rinse off with water after soaking?

longsiew

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think i should finally open up the VX tonight and see how..

need to grab 3 bottles of coke on my way home too T.T

Bro,

Can test in two conditions:

1) Without tightening the knob at the centre(the HSF still can turn)

2) With tightening the knob at the centre to apply more pressure(the HSF cannot turn)

see got any difference in load temp

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I receive a very interesting question in pm. How to read the temperatures?

megasflex.jpg

It basically means:

Min (means idle)
Core0: 38 degree
Core1: 38 degree
Core2: 37 degree
Core3: 38 degree

Max (means load)
Core0: 62 degree
Core1: 61 degree
Core2: 60 degree
Core3: 61 degree

the guy who PM you to ask this kind of Q must be really noob
:s22::s22:

persentio

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I hit a winner.

I swapped the middle fan from a Sflex G to a P14 and temps are reduced. D14 is now on par with Megahalem...

Overhauled first post!
Aiyoh!! You see... :D

Try using both fans on exactly the same CFM too... For now you like using 2 different fans for both tests correct?

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking 2 S-Flex Gs or 2 Jyunis for high CFM test. As long as rpm and cfm about the same. You can try 2 P14 too if you have for mid CFM test. :)

That's the first day result. Results are very bad lol. The middle fan must be a P14.

persentio

Master Member
Reaction score
That's the first day result. Results are very bad lol. The middle fan must be a P14.
:s11: I thought you used Ultra Kaze for Push and S-Flex G for Pull? Their rpm and CFM not the same right? As in, try using both the exact same fans for push and pull see how.

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s11: I thought you used Ultra Kaze for Push and S-Flex G for Pull? Their rpm and CFM not the same right? As in, try using both the exact same fans for push and pull see how.

he did try that didn't he... on stock fan and such... :D

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey ionicle how long do you need to soak it for ? I'm planning to clean my u12 as well :) rinse off with water after soaking?

tbh one hour will do... after that rinse with water and hairdryer it...

if u intend to sun it.. watermark will be present on the fins itself... good to find a device to blow the water away. after that... if u still find it not shiny enough, then go polish it a little. :D:D

Glaive

Reaction score
tbh one hour will do... after that rinse with water and hairdryer it...

if u intend to sun it.. watermark will be present on the fins itself... good to find a device to blow the water away. after that... if u still find it not shiny enough, then go polish it a little. :D:D

Thanks ! will do !

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sadly i tend to find that realtemp and hwm don't always display the exact identical temps... and for which... hwm has some issues dishing out some of the other temps also..

so with those extra stuff... its as good as not having them... since after all... they are not very accurate itself...:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.