The Nuts About NUC Klub

lcheetec

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm exploring the NUC7I7BNHXG. Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

lookers

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody bought an NUC from Aliexpress? Looking at an Eglobal branded NUC that comes with i5 5257u (Iris 6100).

My main requirement is video streaming from websites and maybe a little light gaming.

i need the NUC to support a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 with reasonable FPS as well.

Hey there, any luck? are the parts from aliexpress reliable and trustworthy?

Tee_bag

Reaction score
Just bought a NUC8i5BEH

:D just bought a NUC8i5BEH from Simlim yesterday.

Small and good. just completed OS setup and app installation

1x NUC8i5BEH
1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB M2
1x ADATA DDR4 8GB
$830 - donno got ripped off anots cos did not quite compare prices from many shops.

Added a old 500GB Hitachi SATA HDD 7200rpm to boost storage.
:s8:

lookers

Master Member
Reaction score

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any alternatives to NUC8 HVK? I will need gfx performance for photo and video editing.

happily1986

Reaction score
Hey there, any luck? are the parts from aliexpress reliable and trustworthy?

Sorry for the very late reply. Maybe you could have PM-ed me haha. So far so good. This shop "Ëglobal" is quite OK. Build quality of the motherboard and the casing is still acceptable.

This particular variant is fanless and the casing features a passive cooling design hence the multiple slits to increase surface area. A little sharp at the edges probably CnC machined but roughly hewn if you ask me. Industrial look in other words.

I opted for no RAM and no SSD in order to save on costs. While RAM is easy to source, it is very difficult to find M.Sata form factor SSDs these datas. I ended up using a 2.5" SSD.

Now i am looking to buy another NUC and looking through the updated inventory in Eglobal again. This time, i am looking to have an i5 6th Gen Core processor i.e. Skylake and hoping that the mobo takes a PCI-E NvME form factor SSD. From my brief search, seems like i would need to get an 8th Gen Core processor to get the NvME SSD slot. I am not going to pay a premium getting a Coffee Lake processor over a Skylake one.

Gabro

Reaction score
intending to get the 8th gen Coffee Lake i3 NUC (NUC8i3BEH).
will it be able to take advantage of the M2 NVMe 970 Evo Plus or am I better off with a M2 SATA 860 Evo?

ahong1

Reaction score
have anyone tried aftershock vision mini?
with this spec
-AMD RYZEN 3 2400G AM4 | 3.9GHZ | Includes VEGA 11 Graphics | 4 Cores, 8 Threads
-8GB (8GB x 1) DDR4 2666MHZ
-IC Diamond Thermal Compound CPU
-512GB M.2 PCIE NVME SSD (Read speed over 1100 MB/sec)
-802.11ac WiFi (2.4G / 5G WiFi) With Bluetooth 4.0
-Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

costing S$850. is it worth it for an NUC?
im scared that it cant handle the heat well enough and i cant seem to find alot info on it.

pokey2014

Reaction score
bMho5lO.jpg

Just got mine, really solid mini pc

awfully

Reaction score
Hi Pokey2014,

may i ask which shop you purchase from and how much (with what specs)?
As i'm keen to get this due to space constraint and not into games and not PC smart. Do i need to get additional HD and OS separately?

Just wanted a PC that can last 3-4 years (no plans to upgrade parts along the way) before its get slowed down and purchase a new PC.

Appreciate your guidance.

Thank you

pokey2014

Reaction score
I got it at videopro for about 1.4k, I bought the highest spec model.

You need OS, Ram and SSD. I repasted the thermal with noctual thermal paste.

Currently it is on my office desk for my 2nd personal workstation.

Hi Pokey2014,

may i ask which shop you purchase from and how much (with what specs)?
As i'm keen to get this due to space constraint and not into games and not PC smart. Do i need to get additional HD and OS separately?

Just wanted a PC that can last 3-4 years (no plans to upgrade parts along the way) before its get slowed down and purchase a new PC.

Appreciate your guidance.

Thank you

awfully

Reaction score
I got it at videopro for about 1.4k, I bought the highest spec model.

You need OS, Ram and SSD. I repasted the thermal with noctual thermal paste.

Currently it is on my office desk for my 2nd personal workstation.
Hi Pokey 2014,

many thanks for your reply. getting similar model too as current AIO is "acting up" and felt its gonna be gone soon...

Once again, thank you

pokey2014

Reaction score
I think eventually when my main cpu dies, I might get another NUC but canyon bean.

Really love the size of it.

Hi Pokey 2014,

many thanks for your reply. getting similar model too as current AIO is "acting up" and felt its gonna be gone soon...

Once again, thank you

Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.