Wireless IP Camera thread

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Well we were not getting much information out of the "experts", so I had to get one of these to see what was up. I guess others are more polite than I am or something, but I believe people come hear for facts. Here are some facts.

Heavier than you might think, but not to heavy. Might be tough to install on a ladder without some help or planning.

Watch out for the marketing bull from the company on their website and on the box. The box says in big letters that the camera has 3X zoom. It probably does but you can't use it without a lot of effort. The T7833WIP-X3 is the camera with the zoom you can use with software, not this one. Advertising 3X zoom that you can't use without a wrench is very poor customer relations and will come back to bite this company.

I have experience with other Vstarcam's and have had to muck through their bad and non-existent documentation before. This camera is no different. Ok, if all you are going to do is plug it in and log in from your phone it is sweet and easy. Anything else be ready for a challenge. If you could administer all of the parameters and settings of the camera through the phone apps, or super client software, I would give them a pass. You can't. You can do more and adjust more on the camera with the new apps and super client (EYE4), but you can't do it all. You will need the web or network interface.

The EYE4 web interface does not work with the current IE Browser version 11. The extension/plug-in loads but it is not able to use it. To get to the web interface I had to use the FIND software and connect through that. Click on the camera you want then click on open on the right lower side. Have IE Browser as your default browser. On mine (Version 11), after log in I get a jumbled screen. Right click on the blue circle on the top right somewhere and click open in new tab. The new tab on mine opens and works perfectly. Don't even ask how I figured all that out!

I also found out that if Chrome is your default browser it will open and you can choose Server Push Mode and it works fine in lower resolution than IE.

Some good basic instructions on the net in Russian. Use Chrome to translate. (zzzhttp://www. shopoleg. com.ua/page/obzor-T7833WIP-X3zzz ) Follow the links at the bottom of the page. Only real instructions I could find other than a couple SD card install videos.

Good quality camera, by the way. Once you get it the way you want it it will perform better than most, and the quality image is there like you need. I will stop by when I figure out more on how it operates. If I could just find out the name of one of those cute girls on their corporate youtube video maybe I could schmooz her in to getting me some better support!

Would you like to try EasyN H3-V10R? I can ship you one on the double.

johnboatcat

Reaction score
Here is another heads up. From my seller, "So sorry for the inconvenience caused, I have checked for you, our manufacturer uses the same packing box for three different models of products." So they use the same box for three different models. Do not go by what the box says. Make sure you are getting the model you want. My seller is making good and sending me the 3X model in exchange.

G- If the camera is in focus to start with it should stay in focus throughout the zoom range correct?

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Here is another heads up. From my seller, "So sorry for the inconvenience caused, I have checked for you, our manufacturer uses the same packing box for three different models of products." So they use the same box for three different models. Do not go by what the box says. Make sure you are getting the model you want. My seller is making good and sending me the 3X model in exchange.

G- If the camera is in focus to start with it should stay in focus throughout the zoom range correct?

That is correct.

johnboatcat

Reaction score
I think the biggest difference is:

T7833WIP
1/4inch 720p Progressive Scan CMOS

Lens/View Angle
4~9mm@F1.4/51~24˚

Video
Compression Format
H.264

Resolution
720P(1280*720)

F-M10R

Lens
6mm

Resolution
VGA(640*480),QVGA(320*240),QQVGA(160*120)

Compression format
M-JPEG

Not really comparable as apples to apples. Not in the same class at all.
EasyN has better documentation then Vstar. Go to EasyN to get manuals to run your Vstar software LOL!

tang_tang

Reaction score
MicroSD card

Hi

Need to get 2 x 32gb Microsd card for my IP camera. May i know any brands of Microsd card to avoid for IP camera usage? Or any brand also can? How to format the SD card?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Problem wif vstarcam is tat they use same box for some models. T6835WIP uses same box as T7838WIP.

Documentation wise. Vstarcam is crap. Thats why MARIX does their own for their cameras. Only those who registered via their online registration portal will get the manuals.

Of cos, only if purchased from them then you can register.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Understand from some bros that their vstarcam orders tio delayed. Tomorrow I call n help check status. Anyone haven't receive email or sms to collect their cameras from last MO?

johnboatcat

Reaction score
This is from the mod of the Vstarcam BBS:
"In order to meet the market demand,Enhancement of product diversification,

Increase Product Model:

T7833WI/WIP (Non variable times)

T7833WI-X3/WIP-X3(Variable times)

The main difference:

Camera lens.:A focal length of 4.2mm/ visual angle of 49.13 ˚ HD lens, for the focusing lens is not adjustable..."
They have put up new specs for all their cameras and the T7833 does not contain a variable lense. It is a fixed 4.2mm. This means they have been advertising falsely that it had the 4 to 9.
Specs: VStarcam Specification - The Latest - vstarcam - Powered by Discuz!

johnboatcat

Reaction score
G- Have you used the EYE4 Client Management? Can you add more then one camera? On the EYE4 Android I have both cameras but not on Client. Old Client Management no problem.

Hakkaa

Reaction score
Hi guys i working on an school project and would have to mount a IP Camera on it, so that i would be able to see what the camera have seen on my PC live.

Can anyone recommend a cheap camera where i would still be able to see in dark areas? The project i will be working on will be a Search and Rescue robot. Thus the robot will definitely be going into dark areas.

Second question, will the wireless be difficult to set up? Especially since i have no experience in this area.

Thanks!

marixsales

Reaction score
Hi guys i working on an school project and would have to mount a IP Camera on it, so that i would be able to see what the camera have seen on my PC live.

Can anyone recommend a cheap camera where i would still be able to see in dark areas? The project i will be working on will be a Search and Rescue robot. Thus the robot will definitely be going into dark areas.

Second question, will the wireless be difficult to set up? Especially since i have no experience in this area.

Thanks!

Do contact MARIX @ 65623390, we can assist you on your project with sponsorship of our cameras

Last edited:

marixsales

Reaction score
This is from the mod of the Vstarcam BBS:
"In order to meet the market demand,Enhancement of product diversification,

Increase Product Model:

T7833WI/WIP (Non variable times)

T7833WI-X3/WIP-X3(Variable times)

The main difference:

Camera lens.:A focal length of 4.2mm/ visual angle of 49.13 ˚ HD lens, for the focusing lens is not adjustable..."
They have put up new specs for all their cameras and the T7833 does not contain a variable lense. It is a fixed 4.2mm. This means they have been advertising falsely that it had the 4 to 9.
Specs: VStarcam Specification - The Latest - vstarcam - Powered by Discuz!

johnboatcat,

Just to clarify on the T7833WIP saga. Initially factory just produced the 3X zoom model. Which was known as T7833WIP back then. Then, they came out with the Non-zoom variant and decided to rename T7833WIPX3 for zoom and uses T7833WIP for non-zoom. This have caused a lot of confusing for buyers and agents all around the world (as usual)

Hence, many couldn't update their sites or posts on time and resulted in this confusion and misleading of information.

As for the lens on the non-zoom variant, we need to confirm with the factory if it is still 4.2mm as published or the 3.6mm as standard. The last we received are 3.6mm lens.

MARIX Sales Team

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
G- Have you used the EYE4 Client Management? Can you add more then one camera? On the EYE4 Android I have both cameras but not on Client. Old Client Management no problem.

I can leh... the Eye4 client. Version 1.3.0.1, I just tried removing and adding back, can leh.

I still prefer the older client and APPs, more controls and faster in connection.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.