Wireless IP Camera thread

marixspl

Banned
Reaction score
Just an update on iPhone APPS, we have tested the new LIVE CAMS PRO by EGGMAN TECHNOLOGIES INC, it is able to support AUDIO from FI8918W, FI8909W-NA.

They have also create a new FOSCAM profile specially targetted at FI8918W to correct
the LEFT, RIGHT movement of the camera. We highly recommend this application for all
IP Camera users

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update on iPhone APPS, we have tested the new LIVE CAMS PRO by EGGMAN TECHNOLOGIES INC, it is able to support AUDIO from FI8918W, FI8909W-NA.

They have also create a new FOSCAM profile specially targetted at FI8918W to correct
the LEFT, RIGHT movement of the camera. We highly recommend this application for all
IP Camera users

But this is not free and the audio qty is not consistent stable.

marixspl

Banned
Reaction score
But this is not free and the audio qty is not consistent stable.

Dear Jason,

The application is not free, but the features are good. We are sending our feedback to
foscam about the audio quality and see if they are able to look into it.

:)

kiwitan

Reaction score

IP Camera users

IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou is even better.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou is even better.

Android version of Robert Chou's program is better than the iOS version. The iOS version currently does not support audio (none of my cameras, at least), but the Android version works for certain cameras (DCS-5635, F series, H series etc.).

I am using the paid version for both my Ipad and my Android phone, and using the free version of Live Cam Pro on my Ipad. On the Ipad, I still prefer Robert Chou's version.

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android version of Robert Chou's program is better than the iOS version. The iOS version currently does not support audio (none of my cameras, at least), but the Android version works for certain cameras (DCS-5635, F series, H series etc.).

I am using the paid version for both my Ipad and my Android phone, and using the free version of Live Cam Pro on my Ipad. On the Ipad, I still prefer Robert Chou's version.

wonder why iOS version doesn't have audio.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
wonder why iOS version doesn't have audio.

According to him, it is one of the things he wants to do. Based on the number of updates of both versions, it seems that the Android platform is his main development.

marixspl

Banned
Reaction score
Apologies, our office have a power failure, cameras will be back up by afternoon

Last edited:

cptow1

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone try Baby Monitor Foscam with audio for iPhone?
It's a new apps from App Store.

marixspl

Banned
Reaction score
Just a quick sharing to all of you with regards to the audio quality, the breaks of
audio is due to the network connection, especially if you are using 3G. We have
tested on the LAN, WAN & via 3G.

Try listening to the audio on LAN and you can fear the differences. At the same time,
there is a new firmware for FI8918W, those who had purchased from us, do contact
us and we will email you the files of about 2.7-2.8MB

DR_ARCHER, do appreciate if you could also share the sound quality using the IP
CAMERA VIEWER over 3G, is the audio choppy? Or you could get continuous audio
streaming?

Cheers ;)

hotpots

Reaction score
Can I program or set it to video if the alarm goes off? I would like to save the video to my Smart FTP, - is that possible?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
DR_ARCHER, do appreciate if you could also share the sound quality using the IP CAMERA VIEWER over 3G, is the audio choppy? Or you could get continuous audio streaming?

My mobile phone 3G is SingTel, and my fibre is SingNet. As such, I suspect that there is minimal network lag for both audio and video. On the other hand, my Ipad is M1, and video is quite choppy. No audio to compare because the iOS version does not support it yet. Version 1.2 (just upgraded today) is suppose to support audio on some cameras, but none of my cameras seem to be supported yet. Version 1.3 is coming soon and will support a lot more devices.

zonetechs

Reaction score
FI8918W new firmware long for, is finally released.
Firmware version -- 11.22.1.36

Web user interface -- 2.4.18.16
FI8918W sw upgrade package

Download the new firmware from foscam website myself and tested it.

Last edited:

cptow1

Reaction score
Just a quick sharing to all of you with regards to the audio quality, the breaks of
audio is due to the network connection, especially if you are using 3G. We have
tested on the LAN, WAN & via 3G.

Try listening to the audio on LAN and you can fear the differences. At the same time,
there is a new firmware for FI8918W, those who had purchased from us, do contact
us and we will email you the files of about 2.7-2.8MB

DR_ARCHER, do appreciate if you could also share the sound quality using the IP
CAMERA VIEWER over 3G, is the audio choppy? Or you could get continuous audio
streaming?

Cheers ;)

I use LiveCams Pro a new app from app store, the audio quality is good even when i'm on my iphone 4 3G.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Me too using LIVE CAMS PRO, using 3G will have some break in audio, I've
also installed the IP Camera Viewer V1.3, but can't get the audio to work...
:(

Noticed that MARIX has a new thread at VRZONE FORUM to do their promos.
Guess we can pop over there once a while to see what they can offer.

ZoneTech is right, there is a new firmware for the FI8918W, can download
from foscam.us, update is quite easy, using the IP Camera Tools, just find
your camera and upload the firmware using the interface, simple as that.

Remember to USE WIRED connection!!! I sort of nearly bricked my cameras
when I was updating via WIRELESS. LOLz...

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mobile phone 3G is SingTel, and my fibre is SingNet. As such, I suspect that there is minimal network lag for both audio and video. On the other hand, my Ipad is M1, and video is quite choppy. No audio to compare because the iOS version does not support it yet. Version 1.2 (just upgraded today) is suppose to support audio on some cameras, but none of my cameras seem to be supported yet. Version 1.3 is coming soon and will support a lot more devices.

Your version 1.2 or 1.3 is referring to ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.