-=THE WHAT AMP ARE YOU USING THREAD=-

Like Tree9Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #316
Arch-Supremacy Member

I want that Rio
I can't help you on that. But I can help you if you want to demo the Karma again
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #317
Master Member

Haha, we shld definitely do coffee soon.
I wanna try that 2 clones too.
Guan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #318
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha, we shld definitely do coffee soon.
I wanna try that 2 clones too.
That 2 not clone. It a re-design. once I show you the original and the new one side by side, immediately can see the diff liao. Let me know when you feel like lim kopi
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #319

This is a rather random post, because I have rarely (if ever) posted anything in the main HWZ forums before. I'm relatively new to audio (+/- a year) and I consider myself fairly inexperienced on the technical side of things (still learning!). I have dabbled around with quite a lot of different stuff before (generally gets more and more expensive), and my gear turnover rate is high, although it's gradually slowing down.

Anyway, yep, I just wanted to chime in here because I recently acquired a Portaphile 627 (not the newer Micro or X), and it sounds absolutely amazing. I've been feeding it through my DX90 for the most part lately, and the synergy from both a sonic and physical standpoint is outstanding.

I'd like to blabber on about how good it sounds, but to cut things short: it is a musical sounding amp. Incredibly spacious, soundstage is 3D-esque, and has a fantastic level of resolution to go with it. Subtle layering in music becomes very pronounced. Bass is very controlled. On the high frequencies, it is very smooth without losing any extension.

I've not heard of other amps around this price range, and I doubt I'll get much chance to do so, but I would highly highly recommend based on my experience with the 627 for anyone to try out the Micro and the X.
kenz likes this.
jyxzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #320

Some pictures of how the 627 stacks with the DX90.... perfectly!
kenz likes this.
jyxzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #321

This is a rather random post, because I have rarely (if ever) posted anything in the main HWZ forums before. I'm relatively new to audio (+/- a year) and I consider myself fairly inexperienced on the technical side of things (still learning!). I have dabbled around with quite a lot of different stuff before (generally gets more and more expensive), and my gear turnover rate is high, although it's gradually slowing down.

Anyway, yep, I just wanted to chime in here because I recently acquired a Portaphile 627 (not the newer Micro or X), and it sounds absolutely amazing. I've been feeding it through my DX90 for the most part lately, and the synergy from both a sonic and physical standpoint is outstanding.

I'd like to blabber on about how good it sounds, but to cut things short: it is a musical sounding amp. Incredibly spacious, soundstage is 3D-esque, and has a fantastic level of resolution to go with it. Subtle layering in music becomes very pronounced. Bass is very controlled. On the high frequencies, it is very smooth without losing any extension.

I've not heard of other amps around this price range, and I doubt I'll get much chance to do so, but I would highly highly recommend based on my experience with the 627 for anyone to try out the Micro and the X.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the 627x and Micro are supposed to sound the same right? The only difference being that the Micro is smaller in size due to a smaller battery, and also with a lower price tag.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #322
Arch-Supremacy Member

Using RSA Predator but now don't use as often as before.
Old 29-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #323

Some pictures of how the 627 stacks with the DX90.... perfectly!
Nah, your stacking isn't perfect yet, you need a new shorter 3.5mm interconnect!

The ALO cricket may be perfect for you but I'm not sure if it's still in production.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #324
Supremacy Member

Just wanna ask the type of amp u guys using feasible yto use for those CD players with speakers?
Curry Crab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #325
Master Member

Just wanna ask the type of amp u guys using feasible yto use for those CD players with speakers?
nope... speaker amp not equal to headphone amp
alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.