[First Impressions] OPPO PM-1

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, any idea where is the best place to buy a PM-1 now? Preferably with the 2 meter balanced cable as well. Thanks.

widget

Reaction score
Hi, any idea where is the best place to buy a PM-1 now? Preferably with the 2 meter balanced cable as well. Thanks.

Can ask t258jgn above? :D
If store fronts, can check the price at Song Brothers, E1 Audio, Jaben, etc.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
managed to hoot a 2nd hand PM-1 for less than $500.
Buying out of impulse after reading so many reviews on it.

Will test out later. :)

InnocentBlood

Reaction score
managed to hoot a 2nd hand PM-1 for less than $500.
Buying out of impulse after reading so many reviews on it.

Will test out later. :)

congrats on your new toy - what are you plugging the PM-1 to?

also, has anybody here had a chance to upgrade the stock cables that came with the PM-1? i'd like to know what cables you guys upgraded to, if you did.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using it with the HA-2 and iPhone 6+ combo for now. Still can't get used to the clean sound. Kinda flat. Maybe spoiled by Beats and UE for too long.
Running Flacs off the Onkyo HF player app which I paid another $12 for.

Testing it. Total damage for PM1 and HA2 is $900 so I think this is really good value for such high end audiophile items.

Seriously I can't hear any big difference with or without the HA-2. Maybe my ears are broken! ;)

InnocentBlood

Reaction score
I am using it with the HA-2 and iPhone 6+ combo for now. Still can't get used to the clean sound. Kinda flat. Maybe spoiled by Beats and UE for too long.
Running Flacs off the Onkyo HF player app which I paid another $12 for.

Testing it. Total damage for PM1 and HA2 is $900 so I think this is really good value for such high end audiophile items.

Seriously I can't hear any big difference with or without the HA-2. Maybe my ears are broken! ;)

I believe the HA2 faithfully reproduces the music as it was recorded & meant to be heard. Have you tried the bass boost & gain switches to further manipulate the sound? Plus the onkyo hf player has many levels of EQ that you can play around with if you feel the sound is too "pure" for your liking.

Did you get a chance to sufficiently demo the toys before you decided to buy them? Should you decide to sell, I think both of them will have very good resale value :)

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't have the chance to test.
Saw PM-1 selling at half price so buy first and think later.
After that read that HA-2 is a capable amplifier and I bought that also.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.