[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Massdrop cheap hootz.

23w1n6a.jpg

15nm2hf.jpg

And the legendary KZ ZS3S GLOSSY SURFACE hoot !!

2mmvjwl.jpg

10wjg21.jpg

crazypaladin

Reaction score
Finally it's here!!!! :D

This my third closed-back headphone. First few minutes of listening the bass stood out. It's much punchier and I can feel the boom when listening to high impact sound tracks. First impression it's better than my Audio Technical ATH-W5000 but not as good as my LCD-XC. It's a real beauty to look at, especially the woody and grainy purple heart cups!

Something sweeten this deal - about 2000 of these were offered during MassDrop specials and what's the chance I get one with the following serial number??

Last edited:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another Massdrop hoot landed. very heng kana the 30% to get 2.00 instead of 1.00... the sound is really very good, punchy bass and clear sound !

148p0zq.jpg

4lh9v5.jpg

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sound improvement is there, high treble, better separation and more. Total damage is $295
That's quite reasonable, heck, even a Cardas Clear or Silver Dragon wouldn't be that unreasonable. Saw at HF that one guy had ordered a DHC Prion 4 cable for his HEK and I couldn't help but gasp.......that's a set of 1800USD cable! I certainly couldn't stomach such a purchase, that's for sure!

Another HF'er said that the buyer should expect a 'night and day' difference with that cable......oh yeah, for suret!:s8: I bought a set of cheap cable for my HEK simply because the stock HEK cables are simply too stiff, this 3rd party one I'd gotten is so much more pliant.

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EM4spGb.jpg

LgJv9if.jpg

Was tempted to sell the gustard for a r2r DAC, decided to get a USB bridge to try out first since the outlay is much lower. Got my hands On the singxer Su-1 today.

What can I say? Right off the bat, I'm glad I didn't sell the gustard. Connected via HDMI( i2s) , the Gustard has noticeably better separation, a much blacker background and manages to sound more analogue yet having more micro details at the same time. There is way more depth to the music as well ( more layers to the music I Guess?)

Time to let it burn in! Maybe I'll do some minor mods to the gustard as well.

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
heng im no audiophile, no need spend so much $ on custom cables or super ex headphones, dac all these:s13::s13:

lunarsong

Reaction score
im preparing myself for the worse so that i wont be that disappointed

another thing i backed from kickstarter also kena delay :s34:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
took the plunge and hoot this TY earbud 150ohm variance as the standard 32ohm is OOS...

fx8ead.jpg

i am WOW by the build and SQ...compare to ve monk plus (might not be fair as VE monk plus has 32 ohm while this TY Hi Z is 150ohm)..this little earbud can handle more genre of music...

28jkz6f.jpg

although the space is a bit more tight than monk plus...but i guess some might like it..

just a side note as this is the first impression which the earbud has not burn in yet...open box straight plug into my onkyo dpx1..and WOW :p

Last edited:

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like quiet times in this subforum in general. Bad economy to blame?

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EM4spGb.jpg

LgJv9if.jpg

Was tempted to sell the gustard for a r2r DAC, decided to get a USB bridge to try out first since the outlay is much lower. Got my hands On the singxer Su-1 today.

What can I say? Right off the bat, I'm glad I didn't sell the gustard. Connected via HDMI( i2s) , the Gustard has noticeably better separation, a much blacker background and manages to sound more analogue yet having more micro details at the same time. There is way more depth to the music as well ( more layers to the music I Guess?)

Time to let it burn in! Maybe I'll do some minor mods to the gustard as well.

bro,

you have bimby or mimby right?
does the SU-1 improve the quality of the mimby?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.