Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Like Tree131Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #331
Arch-Supremacy Member

Audio Technica just announced new products (a speaker stand, updated headphones, USB amp stick) but only the amp looks a little interesting. It supports up to 24/96 and made out of aluminum. Oh man, the WS55X black-red version looks very ugly leh...

AT-HA30USB
Thks for the nice updates Randius bro, just saw the related articles on AV Impress Watch awhile ago. Nah I have never been interested in their Solid Bass series line-up, and yes i think the WS55X's design is considered more of misses than hits. AT-HA30USB seems interesting to me though, just when i thought the Meridian Explorer is alrdy pretty damn small, and ATH manages to comes out with another surprise like this.

But still need to wait and see regarding its RMAA measurements and reviews to come out frm those japanese reviewer's mouth first, before deciding whether to buy one to play with. Actually alittle skeptical of its hp out impedance because according to my past observations, alot of ATH's existing entry level amp solutions all have pretty high impedance specs, such as the AT-PHA10 i own, AT-HA20 etc. Not too sure abt AT-HA26D though, but i do know the flagships AT-HA5000/HA5000ANV all have less than <0.1 ohms impedance for its hp out.

Land of the rising sun's MSRP for this is at 21,000 yen for those curious abt the pricing, IMO not too far away from Audioquest's Dragonfly/Meridian Explorer products if u ask me, so I would say this is definitely one interesting product to look out for if anyone's on the hunt for a light and portable DAC/amp to complement with those slim UMPCs/PC notebooks like Macbook Air etc.
FatalethaL likes this.
2014年6月15日 お会いできるのを、楽しみにしています!
Haonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #332

Stereo is now running a promo for W3000ANV together with iFi iCan ... go check it out.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #333

Stereo is now running a promo for W3000ANV together with iFi iCan ... go check it out.
Have been waiting for a good W3000 promo for a long time. Anyone wants the iCan?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #334

Price looks good but I am not sure what I can with the iCan. I cant even think of how to hook it up with my mac mini.......

Randius bro. Hands itching?
tm.chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #335

Price looks good but I am not sure what I can with the iCan. I cant even think of how to hook it up with my mac mini.......

Randius bro. Hands itching?
Already bought this morning
Haonan likes this.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #336

Already bought this morning
That's fast
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #337

Waaah fast. So I guess they are out of stock by now.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #338

Audio Technica just announced new products
AT-HA30USB
This one so sexy Any information about chip DAC ?
Congratulations for your new W3k . I think you should upgrade new DAC/Amp. HA26D still good. But just my opinion, it pair well with A-AD series not W series

I've changed my DAC to Peter Daniel Audiosector NOS Dac (a/k Audio Zone DAC1 ). Very nice pair with W series cans, my favourite AD2000 and Yammy amp. This is a big improve from my old soundcard SE200 and i can say it better than some entry/mid-end DAC i've heard (especially mid-range), like Dacmagic, Centrance Dacport, Dacmini CX .etc...
hxxp://imageshack.us/a/img404/9218/img1428ed.jpg
Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #339

Randius, u know u NEED the Yammy now.

TOXIC CABLES MASS ORDER 4 IS NOW CLOSED
THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INTEREST
Guan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #340

Randius, u know u NEED the Yammy now.
I already heard W3k on Yammy, I can confirm it absolutely fantastic. Incredible detai, imaging but mid-range still warm, sweet and keep clearly, bass control and more focus compare with W5000. Just some small problems, this cans a little heavy and the soundstage isn't wide, pleasant enough
Old 02-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #341

I already heard W3k on Yammy, I can confirm it absolutely fantastic. Incredible detai, imaging but mid-range still warm, sweet and keep clearly, bass control and more focus compare with W5000. Just some small problems, this cans a little heavy and the soundstage isn't wide, pleasant enough
Go Randius Go!
Haonan likes this.

TOXIC CABLES MASS ORDER 4 IS NOW CLOSED
THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INTEREST
Guan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #342

Just tried the demo set at Stereo ION.

Good clarity but i dont find it warm at all. Seems a bit sterile compared to listening on my Shure 440s and W4s. I like it when i was listening to instruments but so much when i tried vocals, just doesnt bring out the flavor of the song.

Hope maybe it is because of their setup.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #343

Just tried the demo set at Stereo ION.

Good clarity but i dont find it warm at all. Seems a bit sterile compared to listening on my Shure 440s and W4s. I like it when i was listening to instruments but so much when i tried vocals, just doesnt bring out the flavor of the song.

Hope maybe it is because of their setup.
Do you know their setup ? I think AT's traditional always add their special colored in mid-range. It make them special and more musical than other brands.

About W3k just my opinion, I think it's more neutral than other AT cans but it still slightly colored in mid-range. And i don't think it sterile or dry soundsign if compare with other reference cans like HD800, SA5k, K1000 .etc... Sorry, i never hear Shure 440s to compare with W3k.

Ofcouse my NOS DAC and Yammy are warmest + sweet, then they can effect and improve W3k sound. W3k is a little hot treble then i'll not pair it with any bright DAC/Amp
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #344

Do you know their setup ? I think AT's traditional always add their special colored in mid-range. It make them special and more musical than other brands.

About W3k just my opinion, I think it's more neutral than other AT cans but it still slightly colored in mid-range. And i don't think it sterile or dry soundsign if compare with other reference cans like HD800, SA5k, K1000 .etc... Sorry, i never hear Shure 440s to compare with W3k.

Ofcouse my NOS DAC and Yammy are warmest + sweet, then they can effect and improve W3k sound. W3k is a little hot treble then i'll not pair it with any bright DAC/Amp
Their setup is the imac -> ifi iusbpower -> iDac -> iCan

Not sure if they will affect the sound. Source are songs on their itunes, probably aac format. I agree that there is quite a bit of treble but not so much that is unbearable. As long as I tune the volume down, it is fine. But as the volume across the songs are not equalized, I find myself adjusting the volume knob often.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:40 AM   #345

Their setup is the imac -> ifi iusbpower -> iDac -> iCan

Not sure if they will affect the sound. Source are songs on their itunes, probably aac format. I agree that there is quite a bit of treble but not so much that is unbearable. As long as I tune the volume down, it is fine. But as the volume across the songs are not equalized, I find myself adjusting the volume knob often.
I'm understand why you don't like this. Currently i'm not hear iFi combo but someone on Head-fi said it's a bit similar with O2 + ODAC. iDAC using ESS Sabre ES9023 then their sound should be neutral, good detail, clean and transparent. If you want more musical sound then you should change something warmest, smooth and sweet. I just tested PS Audio Link III DAC today and i think this is another good choice in this term.

About amp section i think Yammy or HA5000 (i never hear it but i'll find a change) are the best choice with many possible feedback. You will not regret or change it. But if you want looking for something more cheaper i'll offer AMB M3 for the best performance with AT cans

Last edited by kusanagivn; 03-06-2013 at 02:42 AM..
kusanagivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.