HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best headphones under $150

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #31

shall I boldly suggest this... since you mentioned WIRELESS. I wasn't particularly interested in bluetooth headphones in their performance.... but this does sound impressive for a wireless. My brother got his at the airport for $349. He found out later that stereo causeway point is on promo for $199.

JBL Reference 420 features:
• Midsize over-ear design
• Advanced transducers deliver unsurpassed fidelity
• Crystal-clear high- and mid-frequency response; distortion-free bass
• Genuine leather headband and ear cups
• Innovative headband designed for hours of comfort
• Single cloth-covered side cable eliminates clutter
• 1m Extension cable
• Airline and Stereo Phono adaptors included
• Protective storage case
• Available in black or white
General
Compatibility The JBL 400 Series headphones deliver full-spectrum audio response from all iPod® models, MP3 players, portable CD and DVD players, or any multimedia device with a stereo mini jack connection. All models include a rugged and convenient carry case, foam inserts, replacement filters and filter replacement tool.
Maximum Input Signal 2 x 50mW
Sensitivity 91dB SPL/mW@ 1kHz
Frequency Response 10Hz – 20kHz (–10dB)
Input Level/Impedance 32 Ohms
Dimensions Diameter – 102mm
Main audio cable – 1.5m
Extension cable – 1m
\

It's wireless? I see wires coming from the headphones...

Last edited by my_SLK; 04-05-2009 at 02:25 PM..
my_SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #32

My apologies, bro. I posted the wrong model while in a hurry. They do look exactly the same though. OK.... now the updated one. And yes, they work with bluetooth or wires.

JBL REFERENCE 610 BLACK
JBL Reference 610 Bluetooth® Headphones

Bluetooth® isn’t just for cell phone headsets any more. The JBL 600 Series combines the sound quality of high-end headphones with the convenience of Bluetooth wireless technology. So now you can enjoy and control your music without wires – and without digging your iPod® out of your backpack or briefcase. Bluetooth is about making things easier, and JBL is about making things sound better. Together, well, maybe “paradigm shift” is too strong, but you get the idea.
The JBL Reference 610 features:
• Midsize over-ear design
• Wired or wireless functionality
• Connects wirelessly to iPod
• Adjust volume, select tracks, play and pause, and browse menus when in iPod navigation mode, all from the ear cup controls
• Advanced transducers deliver unsurpassed fidelity
• Crystal-clear high- and mid-frequency response, distortion-free bass
• Genuine leather headband and ear cups
• Innovative headband designed for hours of comfort
• 1.75m hardwire cable
• Airline and Stereo Phono adaptors included
• Protective storage case
• Available in black or white
gila-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #33
Supremacy Member

koss ur 40
ultrasone(low end one)
seinn 515 bargain abit can one
audiotechical m50(but more for monitoring)
akgs

so many options
boucyfirebal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #34
High Supremacy Member

why not go to jaben and audition? i'm sure the friendly staff there will be more than able to help.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #35

jaben
stereo
headphone gallery

all can go audition
Ah_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #36

because... I want to have an idea of the whats and what nots, and a general understanding of headphones before heading down to do fieldwork.

Too many have died from the smooth groove of veteran salespersons. I cannot allow myself to become another victim.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #37

good idea. If you head down without knowing anything, you might just return home with a pair of bijous.
daniel1703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #38

hahaha

well headphones r generally more ex den earphones...of coz i dun mean those high end brands like westone which cost more den some headphones...

i was like u looking for headphones...wanted 2 look for wireless too...but gd brands wif cheap price juz doesnt link together...and oso some brothers out there recommended mi to get wired 1 instead of wireless...

end up didnt do a gd research..got myself a monitor headphone frm audio technica...which definitely sound great when i audit it...seems comfortable....but when i use at home...cups too small...makes my ear uncomfortable...so i sold it away..

nw i made a better research...didnt gave myself too much choices...get within the range...select less den 3 brands...n finally 1 last 1 which is within the budget range...its a full size headphone...veri comfortable...sound is as gd as audio technica's headphone when i read the review frm jaben...head fi...

so head down to the shop to audit...but it was out of stock for a long time...was introduced to a newer version of the headphone...audit it...damn it sound so gd with tt kind of pricing...reserved it...collecting it tis sat...

auditioning a headphone is veri impt u c...hehe

sry for the WoT...
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #39

hahaha

well headphones r generally more ex den earphones...of coz i dun mean those high end brands like westone which cost more den some headphones...

i was like u looking for headphones...wanted 2 look for wireless too...but gd brands wif cheap price juz doesnt link together...and oso some brothers out there recommended mi to get wired 1 instead of wireless...

end up didnt do a gd research..got myself a monitor headphone frm audio technica...which definitely sound great when i audit it...seems comfortable....but when i use at home...cups too small...makes my ear uncomfortable...so i sold it away..

nw i made a better research...didnt gave myself too much choices...get within the range...select less den 3 brands...n finally 1 last 1 which is within the budget range...its a full size headphone...veri comfortable...sound is as gd as audio technica's headphone when i read the review frm jaben...head fi...

so head down to the shop to audit...but it was out of stock for a long time...was introduced to a newer version of the headphone...audit it...damn it sound so gd with tt kind of pricing...reserved it...collecting it tis sat...

auditioning a headphone is veri impt u c...hehe

sry for the WoT...
ahh.. the RX900?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #40

yes the RX900...

do giv it a thot...RX700 has nice reviews...RX900 is even better (told by salesman at The Headphone Gallery)...well i nv audit the rx700 b4 coz out of stocks veri long le...
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

can anyone pm me the price of RX700 and RX900 in singapore??
Old 09-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #42

Have you ever heard about the Kenwood Brand! I have the Kenwood KH-C711! I'm quiet happy with them! Quality are excellent and they are as good as Denon!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #43
Supremacy Member

Have you ever heard about the Kenwood Brand! I have the Kenwood KH-C711! I'm quiet happy with them! Quality are excellent and they are as good as Denon!
How does the sound signature sound like?
Jhyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #44

How does the sound signature sound like?
They have a a nice warm sound signature. They have good details and definitions, they’re pretty good on the mid-range but I hope high can improve a bit.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

I tried the RX900 in Japan, it's pretty good too..it's slightly around $120 if you buy it from the shops in Japan...

and it's showcased together with all other headphone like sony, panasonic, denon, AT, etc...and I cannot hear much differences between the higher range one and this cheaper (around 1/2 the price) RX900....

worth a try..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.