Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bluetooth Audio Streamer from Optical out to Wireless Headphones

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #1

Bluetooth Audio Streamer from Optical out to Wireless Headphones

Hi all,

does anyone have any idea where to purchase Optical to Bluetooth audio streamer devices in Singapore?

Recently bought a Sony 4K HDR Smart TV and would like to watch shows without disturbing my family at night. It has 3.5mm and Optical audio out jacks.

Found the following product on Amazon but it doesn't ship to Singapore.
Tried Sim Lim Square and Tower as well to no avail.

Homespot Dual Stream Optical Digital Wireless HD Bluetooth Audio Transmitter for TV, Toslink SPDIF
[aptX Low Latency supported]

(afraid have insufficient post count to attach the link at his time, but a search will bring up this product)

It recommends pairing with an aptX enabled set of headphones which my current pair do not support to prevent lag issues.

Any recommendations and advice is appreciated*

Cheers
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #2

i tink challenger sell BT transmitter that have optical input. i'm using avantree priva-3, no noticeable lag when paired with jaybird x.
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Depending on model, 2017 SOny TV some have BT headset compatibility.
These cheap transmitter can only give so so sound quality.
You can either:

1) Get Wireless TV headset like from Sehhenizer

Cost aren't cheap.

2) Should have buy the Sony TV with a soundbar like CT-800 which
allows you to pair a BT headset.
CT-800 itself cost $8XX, if pair with the TV is actually cheaper.

You have ask about this but other than Sony store themselves.
Other retailers may not know how to pair BT headphone with Bravia TV.
Old 16-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #4

I'm currently using the MEE audio Connect Bluetooth 4.0 transmitter. You can get from Challenger or Stereo. It can receive optical input. I paired it with their Matrix2 bt headphones. Works fine.
desmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 03:46 AM   #5

Hi all,

thank you for your replies and suggestions. It was most helpful.
Guess I should have given more info on my current setup:

My recent TV purchase was the Sony KD-43X8000D (from the X80D Series).
This set supports BT input accessories like mice and keyboards, but unfortunately not audio devices like speakers / headsets.

I am also using a 1st gen. Jaybird Bluebuds X set of Wireless earbuds for receiving audio.
These still serve me surprisingly well (mac/tablet/mobile), considering they are running on the BT 2.1 standard.

Back to the Transmitter, I managed to find the Mee Audio Connect BT Transmitter at Challenger.
Popped down to their current flagship store at Bugis Junction and got their 2nd last set @ $88.30 (member$, down from reg$ of 103.90). Unfortunately, this was the only brand and device they stocked for such a purpose it seems.

It took ˜10mins of setup (had to literally power down from the mains as TV kept attempting to pair it [even in standby mode] while I was trying to pair earbuds with it instead).
After that, it was just a matter of switching and adjusting some audio settings in the TV's menus (TV Speakers > Audio System [or Optical out in this case, initially, both my earbuds and TV were outputting audio at the same time] ).

Once everything was in place, it worked like a charm. I was able to walk the entire area of our living room without any drop in reception.

Thanks for the higher-end suggestions @techidiot, but shall consider them for my next upgrade (50"OLED? XD ) in future˜

Once again, appreciate all your help. Feels great when forums work like this*
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.