Old 14-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think is heng sway one
Old 14-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Wanna sell me yr faulty roar?
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #18

Ok pardon me, I assumed you were referring to the issue of them not offering repair option, and not the entire timeline from working to spoilt and such.

Speaker itself may not spoil. But do note there are lots of other electronics in it.

Selling a final product vs cost of repairing... sometimes it isn't proportionate. A straightforward thing to consider is labour cost... Mass production vs a techie spending time doing your thing. Parts may be cheap, but labour isn't.

Anyway, it can happen to anything. Not much difference if you buy another brand and it kaput after warranty. They may also rather suggest you buy a new one. There is some range where it becomes favorable or unfavorable for repair w.r.t typical cost of labour. At $200.... arguably I wouldn't say it's so high a price where repairs are usually worth the trouble. Also depending on what defect is it. And different people have different yardsticks anyway. You see it's already $120 parts + labour on one problem. They haven't even see the real thing. What if there is additional repair... another few tens... end up worth or not. And do you think any other maker would be any different? Just gotta keep fingers crossed. I am using Creative too

yes its all the same for all eletronics, whether tv, speaker, etc.
my lg tv remote for example, spoilt, i called them, did they offer repair, no, they recommended to me to buy new remote instead. so its all the same thing. and not to mention apple, very big company and lots of funds, but will they give you a free eventhough its just 10 days pass warranty, no, they will ask you to pay and very expensive.
abatuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #19
Master Member

I got the same speaker and same problem as yours, dead within 1 year of use. Will never buy creative speaker again!
Danil82 likes this.
_dEvon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #20
Master Member

buying dead ROAR speaker for $5 each
alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #21
Master Member

Creative qc and service standards dropped drastically over the years. What's the use of producing good sound quality products without even providing good rma service standards. Sim wong hoo should ask his dept to wake up their idea.
Rothschild12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #22
Supremacy Member

This type of thing is heng sway one, imagine u so sway to get a speaker that spoil within a year, then meet up with sway cso, then sway sway get stupid respond from yusoff. U should know by now creative and your 8 character not match.

Don't spend the money on repair, go buy sony portable. Srs X5

Last edited by stemcell; 19-10-2015 at 11:42 AM..
stemcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #23

Found this thread after encountering the same issues on my roar purchased back in march 2014 during the pc show.

Going through the email "route" trying to get a battery replacement and all I got was a 10% off the store price reply because the warranty is up.

Your roar might still be working like mine, but it might be very finicky to turn on now. When you plug your power in, and see the flash of power coming on, you have to press and hold your power button for the roar to turn on. It will then only work when plugged in.

I am considering whether to get another bluetooth speaker. The creative still sounds nice, although it can no longer hold a charge, which is disappointing.
Old 16-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #24

Not very good quality device

The Roar is really isn't a very good device. The sound quality is quite ok but it ain't lasting at all. Now with Roar 2, i wonder how it will turn out.
Steve2stv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Nowadays Creative products are not built to use for more than 1yr
Old 16-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #26

In the first place, why you even buy a portable speaker for desktop use sia
icecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 11:30 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some people also treat Creative Roar as if a desktop/Home theatre system.
Besides lousy QC, Creative Roar is a portable speaker
so where got power?
techidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2015, 10:15 AM   #28

Used it in a karaoke room before to sing youtube songs, it is almost as loud in the enclosed room. Fun times.

Other than that, during desktop mode, it is nice to have it paired to the phone when turned on. You can hear notifications while gaming, and cuts off all sound when a phone call comes in, etc.
Old 17-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

my roar died suddenly...

can repair?
ckling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #30

why cannot sia... haha...
Danil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.