HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DITA - Elegant simplicity. Ultimate purity.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #16

I totally agree with this for sound quality.

Enough with the "lack of drivers" and "more drivers confirm better" nonsense. Implementation and quality is the key.

And I'll add that build quality is exceptional. From the chemically treated metal logo, meaning it won't come off or fade even if you rub the damn things together or use a coin to scratch, to the little portion of the cable that isn't covered by the sleeve to show the wires underneath to even the box.

For those worried about not having a detachable cable, do you think with this much attention paid to the rest of the parts, the makers wouldn't pay attention to how the cable is connected to the IEM itself? Choosing a VDH cable should say enough.

From what I know, it was made like this to prevent an additional part to the sound signature, no matter how small that part is, and more importantly, they wanted to sell a product with a sound signature that "represented" them or something along those lines. I understand where they are coming from but I personally do not agree on this in the business sense knowing the love for detachable cables in the audio community.

No, I do not work for DITA nor do I own one due to the sound signature not being what I was looking for, I like a little more mid-centric sound, and owning too much stuff as it is. I do however know the makers of the DITA for awhile and am very impressed with how this final product turned out.

As for the person that commented being able to get "a full sized can!" because the price is 999? Seriously?? This day and age, you can make a comment like that with so many audio products costing what they do?

Maybe you're right. I guess 50 apple earphones would be much better than paying 1k for a single lone IEM. Value man!! Woot.
had a second listening of the truth edition, it is really developing as e1 is burning in. looking forward to another audition after cny
Fatty San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

should give it a listen after 500 hours of burning in... its a huge difference versus a 100hrs burn in.
boleh7 likes this.
Old 30-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #18

My impression of this IEM at 100 hours burn in is that it is very overrated. I got no issues with the overall presentation but the vocals and highs are very rough and sibilant at this price point. I understand that this is a dynamic driver but at it's price it should not be so sibilant.

It is very musical though, I enjoyed the presentation

I would very much want to support this locally designed product but the issues of it being sibilant is very concerning to me. At this price point my minimum expectation is for it to handle the highs adequately and smoothly and not like sandpaper.

Perhaps I should give it a listen again after 500 hours but until then it is quite unfavorable for me personally.

Personally I preferred the Answer over the Truth.
ILLEGALTENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #19

Demoed it during Mook.

The details are amazing for only a single dynamic driver. Unfortunately, you have to take care of what music you are playing with it. Songs with extreme highs like vocaloid/electronic will make you feel as if someone stabbed you in the ear with a pin.

999 for the a single driver and fixed cable is a bit too much to risk even with their local support.
This is what I felt. Being stabbed in the ear hahaha.
ILLEGALTENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #20
Master Member

I was told the set at MOOK was faulty

and I tested the latest set, yes it sounded much better
FatalethaL, boleh7 and sidrpm like this.
alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

I was told the set at MOOK was faulty

and I tested the latest set, yes it sounded much better
pruss satu
Old 15-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #22

Fark....................... Demoed The Truth and now kena poison liao....... Sounds so good with my iPhone 4 how much better would it sound with my coming X5??????
Ps guys is there like some onboard computer on The Truth? It's like it adapts to every type of song I throw at it...
Lookingforiems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #23

Anyone tried the balanced version with the AK players?

Also, can anyone share where you can get just the truth cable and at what price?

Personally, I'm hoping that Dita can offer their fat cable separately too, it's one of the best cables I've ever seen with regards to balance between flexibility and thickness. I'll love to use it with my CIEM too.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #24
Master Member

DITA is a Singaporean coy actually...

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #25

DITA is a Singaporean coy actually...
Yup, and they hang out frequently at E1. In fact when I was there yesterday, one of the founders was there too but had stepped out for the moment so I didn't meet him.
Old 16-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #26

Anyone tried the balanced version with the AK players?

Also, can anyone share where you can get just the truth cable and at what price?

Personally, I'm hoping that Dita can offer their fat cable separately too, it's one of the best cables I've ever seen with regards to balance between flexibility and thickness. I'll love to use it with my CIEM too.
don't hold your breath for the truth cables for after market iems ... you will NOT make it
Seth Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 01:36 AM   #27
Master Member

They are offering the truth cables.

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #28

don't hold your breath for the truth cables for after market iems ... you will NOT make it
It's more a wish for the fat cable. I will rather get a cable with mic for my customs though.

I know that the truth cables are/were being offered for sale separately but I'm not interested in it nor do i know how to get it and from where.
Old 28-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #29

is dita the answer iem still worthy to buy now? Dont see much attention on dita iems recently
capri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #30

Just curious. Those of you who own Dita Truth, what other IEMs do you own?
adderrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.