HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DITA - Elegant simplicity. Ultimate purity.

Like Tree14Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #31

Just curious. Those of you who own Dita Truth, what other IEMs do you own?
looking for complementary or alternative?
Seth Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 01:06 AM   #32

looking for complementary or alternative?
Well both.
My only IEM is Dita Truth and I absolutely love it, but the housing is too hard and uncomfortable for me, couldn't wear more than 20mins or else my ears will get very painful. So I'm looking for alternative with similar sound signature while at the same time also open to complementary since I love it too much to be selling it even though I can only listen to it for short time frame daily.
adderrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 03:09 AM   #33

Well both.
My only IEM is Dita Truth and I absolutely love it, but the housing is too hard and uncomfortable for me, couldn't wear more than 20mins or else my ears will get very painful. So I'm looking for alternative with similar sound signature while at the same time also open to complementary since I love it too much to be selling it even though I can only listen to it for short time frame daily.
you may want to try on different eartips. something with a longer stem.

personally, for DD, along with the Truth balanced, do have the new Dream, MDR-EX1000, CA Lyra and Vega.
Old 14-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #34

you may want to try on different eartips. something with a longer stem.

personally, for DD, along with the Truth balanced, do have the new Dream, MDR-EX1000, CA Lyra and Vega.
Many thanks for the suggestions, Seth. Appreciate it.

Yes, I've tried all kinds of longer stems but doesn't help much, including tips sent by a friend who used to work for Dita. I'm also contemplating fitting in a custom shell "Snugs" but still undecided due to lack of review on its fit, compatibility and implication on sonic qualities with DD, even though the manufacturer claimed that it does.

I have tested the campfire series but fit and comfort for my ears are even worst than DD.

Isn't MDR-EX1000 discontinued by Sony? Hope it is still available for sales. Will check this out.

As for Dita Dream, for that price I would go for CIEM.
adderrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 06:06 PM   #35

Many thanks for the suggestions, Seth. Appreciate it.

Yes, I've tried all kinds of longer stems but doesn't help much, including tips sent by a friend who used to work for Dita. I'm also contemplating fitting in a custom shell "Snugs" but still undecided due to lack of review on its fit, compatibility and implication on sonic qualities with DD, even though the manufacturer claimed that it does.

I have tested the campfire series but fit and comfort for my ears are even worst than DD.

Isn't MDR-EX1000 discontinued by Sony? Hope it is still available for sales. Will check this out.

As for Dita Dream, for that price I would go for CIEM.
Sadly Snugs do changes the sound of the Truth. As for the EX1000, if you look hard enough, can still find in Japan.

There isn't a CIEM able to compare with the unique DD performance of the Dream. Am using 64audio and Vision Ears customs.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.