HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #61
Master Member

I was window shopping at Funan today, saw some earphones which were in this thread so i like to update the rest abit.

I saw the Cresyn earphone at a very big shop on the 5th flr. That shop is actually selling it at $80 and $90. RL and DL(correct model?) WTF?! Its almost double the price u guys bought at sls lor. So warning, dun get "chop" by such shops.
Then i went to Challenger looking for speakers. Saw the Audio-Technica gift pack one of u was talking abt. Its selling $98 for normal shoppers and $88 for members. Not sure if its good price though... I saw 3 boxes left only.
Sell at that price is too much. Kenna tok carrot head. Whats the shop name? Cut throat price! lol.

$98 is very cheap liao lo. Let alone $88. One only cost $33, the price of a MX500.

another question for cresyn earphone.Will the ear wax easily clog up the holes and drivers like the ep630?
Cresyn have a paper filter or some sort (I dunno what is it) instead of a mesh grill. So it is unlikely ear wax can get into the sound nozzle. But it is always good to keep your ears clean and clean the earphones and the tips every 2-3 uses. Wash the tips every 1-2 times a month. This applies to all in-ears.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #62
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sell at that price is too much. Kenna tok carrot head. Whats the shop name? Cut throat price! lol.
I didnt take note of the shop's name. Its on the level 5 next to the escalator. Its actually one big shop with many small shops and counters inside. Yah, i rem it even has a "banner" saying that mp3 player at student price. What a joke when their selling price is already so skyhigh.
(no chio gal somemore lor. )
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #63
Master Member

I didnt take note of the shop's name. Its on the level 5 next to the escalator. Its actually one big shop with many small shops and counters inside. Yah, i rem it even has a "banner" saying that mp3 player at student price. What a joke when their selling price is already so skyhigh.
(no chio gal somemore lor. )
Oh i get it already. Its that bunch of 'new concept' stores. Really cut throat prices. They probably tot it is exclusive. I can buy 2 sets with $90.

anymore cresyn RL version in SLS?
You make a trip there and ask that cutie.

To the person who pmed me but din clear his mail box:

Yes, the cheaper one is neck-chain. The other one is actually a neck strap design that is able to convert into a 0.8m Y cord. Read the thread, one of them got the neck-strap one.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yah, i think u got it. The lightning there abit dark wan. Really "black shop" lor
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #65
Great Supremacy Member

hmm..ex81? hmm..if u wanna bass..den tis sure lose the sony one de..but built n sound quality tis wins..
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

u found 1?
yah... EX5SL... but compare to mine, the fone have run in...
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:47 PM   #67

Hi. Are most of these reviewed earphones use that kind of rubbery cable that doesn't get tangled easily or crooked? Dunno about you guys but I find those cheap ones are very annoying when you take out from the bag or pocket and it's all tangled or crooked.
kd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

you are one lucky guy.

looks like i have to keep my eyes wide open in labs now
haha... juz to let u noe i oso found 2 hp b4...
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #69

[QUOTE=afbug1]Do you mean those twin cable; join/glue together to form one cable type? Left/right wires in individual sleeves? If so, the Sennheiser MX series, AKG K14P, ER6i and EP630 are these type. The rest are single cable type. (Left/right inside one) And the UM1 is braided.

No. I meant the material of the cable itself. Some of them are very stiff while others are soft and they 'flow' down straight instead of wavy.
For Sony usually it says 'Texture Type Cord Prevent Cord Tangle'.
Hope you understand what I am talking about
kd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #70

We are keeping our eyes on this, would appreciate that member prevent from asking too much question in this thread, so we can have a nice and short review, instead of it growing into a 100 pages thread
Old 14-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #71
Master Member

We are keeping our eyes on this, would appreciate that member prevent from asking too much question in this thread, so we can have a nice and short review, instead of it growing into a 100 pages thread
That is what i'm afraid of. I dun want to look at a 100 pages long thread. Maybe if it gets too long, can you split the replies from the review posts and unstick the replies? vB software able to do it?

ya la from discussion of earphone to girl..
Side track to girl, earphone discussions is always on...
Old 14-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #72
Master Member

Sony MDR-E888 mod

Method 1 by Head-fi's redshifter:
1. take your e888 earbuds and remove the foamies.
2. remove the rubber ring around the earbuds.
3. remove the metal grills off the drivers.
4. if there is a paper filter over the drivers, remove that too.
5. the metal drivers will be exposed. put the foamies back on.
6. enjoy!

you should be hearing lots of bass, no shrillness and all that great e888 detail and midrange.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I prefer this:
5. I do not want the metal drivers to be exposed to dirt, so i replaced the metal grills.
6. fit the rubber ring back to hold them together.
7. put a pair of modded foamies back on.
8. enjoy!

Effect is almost the same as the first mod.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mod the foam ear pads:
1. Use a paper hole puncher. (about 6mm diameter)
2. Punch a hole in the center of the foam pads, so you will have 2 holes instead of 1.
3. Slip the foamies onto your earphone like a regular one.
4. The 6mm hole should expose the grill/drivers.
5. Enjoy!

The exposed grill/driver should open up more treble and clarity. The modded foamies will still retain most of the bass. You can use this foamies mod for your other earphones too.

Last edited by afbug1; 14-12-2005 at 07:41 PM..
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #73

Sony MDR-E888 mod

I prefer this:
5. I do not want the metal drivers to be exposed to dirt, so i replaced the metal grills.
6. fit the rubber ring back to hold them together.
7. put a pair of modded foamies back on.
8. enjoy!

Effect is almost the same as the first mod.
Hey afbug1!!! (I hate calling u by this name, can u remove the mask and tell us ur real name?!) My MDR-888 sounds better and better as days goes on. I'll try removing the paper filter next week, following ur instructions. If my earbuds stops working after that, I'll come and kiss u then!!!
meet_nanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 08:20 AM   #74

Guys i will be clearing up this thread, so if u happen to see your post missing, dun worry its not because its offensive, its because i need to do some housekeeping to prevent the thread from getting OT too much
Old 15-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

some iRiver earphones(without senn at side) OEM by Cresyn...

Last edited by benqhoo; 15-12-2005 at 11:39 AM..
benqhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.