Head/earphones Recommendations Thread

okichin

Reaction score
highlighted in post just above yours
connectit, jaben, stereo

btw, recommend to consider other brands also, no worries, the staff at the respective stores will provide inputs

do bring along your source, e.g. phone or mp3 player, and music, e.g. spotify or flac files
Thank you for the recommendations

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would a DT 990 250ohm or DT 880 ohm be good for a schiit stack ? (magni + modi)
or is there something else better ?

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
So far I have tried in ear wxm4 earphone for over a year. My doctor says this is not good for the eye canal as it can force ear wax and other material into it. He suggest getting an over ear or bone conduction headphone instead. Also, studies has somehow that earphone for too long is bad for the mental health and ear as well. Is there any other type of suitable earphones.

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
So far I have tried in ear wxm4 earphone for over a year. My doctor says this is not good for the eye canal as it can force ear wax and other material into it. He suggest getting an over ear or bone conduction headphone instead. Also, studies has somehow that earphone for too long is bad for the mental health and ear as well. Is there any other type of suitable earphones.
depends on your usage scenario

example, open headphones will not be suitable for bus/mrt commuting, as the outside noise will affect your listening experience

there are many form factors for headphones now

personally use at least 4 types for different scenarios
- wired or wireless in-ear for commuting
- open earbuds for home or office
- on-ear or over-ear headphones when my office aircon is too cold
- open-type earphones when exercising, so that i can hear surroundings along footpath, like approaching bicycle/PAB/PMA

for ear-wax issues, i use ear drops. they help soften the ear wax, then eventually it will fall out by itself

as with most things, enjoy headphones in moderation, beside issue of duration you alluded to, also take note of the audio volume. using unsuitable headphones in unsuitable environments may make u turn up the volume too high

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
depends on your usage scenario

example, open headphones will not be suitable for bus/mrt commuting, as the outside noise will affect your listening experience

there are many form factors for headphones now

personally use at least 4 types for different scenarios
- wired or wireless in-ear for commuting
- open earbuds for home or office
- on-ear or over-ear headphones when my office aircon is too cold
- open-type earphones when exercising, so that i can hear surroundings along footpath, like approaching bicycle/PAB/PMA

for ear-wax issues, i use ear drops. they help soften the ear wax, then eventually it will fall out by itself

as with most things, enjoy headphones in moderation, beside issue of duration you alluded to, also take note of the audio volume. using unsuitable headphones in unsuitable environments may make u turn up the volume too high
This is the exact answer I am looking for.
For the open type I supposed you are referring to those that emit sound from the neck. Over-ear hearing is more comfortable but may not be suitable if there is no Aircon. I wanna get more info on Iem in ear monitor, no sure about this. Is this better than wmx4?

Thanks,
Twinbaby

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
This is the exact answer I am looking for.
For the open type I supposed you are referring to those that emit sound from the neck. Over-ear hearing is more comfortable but may not be suitable if there is no Aircon. I wanna get more info on Iem in ear monitor, no sure about this. Is this better than wmx4?

Thanks,
Twinbaby
the open-type i'm using is not bone conduction, personally not a fan of bone conduction

the open-type i'm using is truefree 01, can see review below

over ear headphones may not all be sweat-inducing, especially if they are open headphones and use "sponge" instead leather/PU pads
example grado sr60 or similar

in-ear monitor is more for usage during bus/mrt commuting, the tips go deep into your ear canals to help with isolation from noise

not sure which xm4 u are referring to, sony has various models, all ending with xm4
https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-1000xm4 this is over-ear closed headphones
https://www.sony.com.sg/headphones/products/wf-1000xm4 this is in-ear true wireless
2 very different form factors

once again, suggest that you think about your usage scenario, before jumping to possible solutions
e.g. where are u listening to music? bus/mrt commute, home/office, other scenario?
you also didn't mention what source you are using, is it a phone, mp3 player, desktop/laptop, home audio, etc.

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score

zensushi

Reaction score
These are my current sets:

Sony WH-1000XM5 - bought in Penang in May last year for RM1299
JBL Live Pro 2 TWS - bought last month via Lazada for ~S$158

l1Ehiax.jpg

The headphones' quality & sound reproduction is top-notch. Great for long flights.
The earbuds are a constant companion, being ultra-portable.

L1lM5HF.jpg

aryfwiX.jpg

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Recently got the earfun Wave Pro headphones for 65usd
Have to say for this price, really worth the money

Looking forward to Sonos headphones in the 2nd of the year

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which USB-c wired earphones ( NO HEADPHONES please ) under $25 has decent sound and mic quality for online gaming ?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.