Help in choosing CIEM or IEM

PChoon

Reaction score
AAW: A1D, W100, W300 (Directly with Null Audio: The Central, or Headphone Buddy @ Song Brothers: Funan/SLS)

Fitear: C435

DITA: The Truth

consider those i have recommended

but frankly... of all you have mentioned, i strongly recommend DITA Truth and Futuresonics MG6pro, followed by C435, and W100/W300

Happy hunting and hooting :s12::s12::s12:

thanks for the recommendation...
AAW line all i try liao.. didn't really catch my attention but their cable is good...

i shall go and try Dita(both editions)

anyone can confirm on the MG6pro does treoo have it?

PChoon

Reaction score
tried the IE800, before I bought the Shure 846. Feels like it is going to pop out of my ear when i move my jaw. the Y-split very short, keep touching my chin, I feel that when I run, it will be very uncomfortable. plus the cable non-removable. Even if the sound damn godly, so many bad design, really ruin the product.

i get what you mean on the IE800...

my colleague has it.. even on a female it looks very short...

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey ts,
Can go try 1964ears V8, Noble K10, 8c and Jh13fp

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yall really never read one. Can 435 bass rumble? :D

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahaha

rumble i dun think leh.. i tried...
but it has rock alot of ppl's socks off...

hahaha

To them maybe is rumble lo. then those bassier iem might be like earthquake to them liao

PChoon

Reaction score
as u can see from above i really need help...
i'm planning to get a CIEM or IEM to upgrade from my Superfi 5EBs(Re-shelled).

i'm trying to get a earphone that can last long for me. i can spend abit but only one time for a very long time(if you get what i mean).

So far i have tested the below CIEM and IEM

Visonears - Stage4 and stage 6
Earsonics - EM6
JHAudio - JH16, Roxanne
Fitear - 435, 335dw, tg334
Shure - SE846

among all these i like SE846 the best followed by Vision Ears Stage 4 then TG334.

I'm looking to try InEar Stagediver 4, 1964ears V8 and Dita(both versions), futuresonic MG6.

can anyone help me by pointing me in the right direction? should i just buy SE846? or go audition the ones i mention above?

i wan bass tat can rumble like a dynamic driver could and highs that are sparkling and clean.

any help is appreciated...
thank you...

personally i'm a bass head... used to like super heavy bass... but now taste change abit... need clarity, better seperation, details and better imaging... (i know i cannot get all i want) but still hoping to find something able to rumble the low notes... hence looking for my one true upgrade...

i like something like nicki minaj - anaconda... the video and song might not be everyone's taste... but the low rumble from that song really tickles my eardrums... so yeah..

For now..

as recommended by all of you

• Dita (both Editions) - E1
  • 1964Ears V8 - E1
  • Noble Series - Music Santuary
  • UE Customs - AVOne
  • Futuresonics MG6Pro - test where?

Last edited:

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally i'm a bass head... used to like super heavy bass... but now taste change abit... need clarity but still hoping to find something able to rumble the low notes...

like nicki minaj - anaconda... the video and song might not be everyone's taste... but the low rumble from that song really tickles my eardrums... so yeah..

For now..

• 1964Ears V8 - E1
  • UE Customs - AVOne

Mg6pro carried by treoo. Not sure if they got demo.
Do test tralucent ref1 at jaben too

ewng

Reaction score
Yall really never read one. Can 435 bass rumble? :D

s8jdv5.jpg

xuan87

Reaction score
personally i'm a bass head... used to like super heavy bass... but now taste change abit... need clarity but still hoping to find something able to rumble the low notes...

like nicki minaj - anaconda... the video and song might not be everyone's taste... but the low rumble from that song really tickles my eardrums... so yeah..

For now..

• 1964Ears V8 - E1
  • UE Customs - AVOne

MG6Pro is available at treoo at a very reasonable cost, very little markup compared to if you get from FS directly. However, Treoo does not have a demo unit for the FS customs. If you want to try, you have to try someone's unit.

i think treoo has it?
i know about their upgrade policy but its so hard to get a demo for the Futuresonics... but their lineup like left 2 only... are they still going strong?

Last time be4 reshelling i also demo all the UM Series but i did not like any of them...

UE11pro? where did u audition it? i would really like to have a try at that...

Future Sonics is different from other companies, they don't bother to advertise and instead, their name is spread by word of ears and if you look at their history and professional artiste list, they are one of the top few CIEM companies in the world.

They only have 2 products because I don't believe in spamming, they chose to only offer what they feel is good. They also do R&D on their dynamic drivers which they make themselves, so new products take years to come out. BTW, the two products are tuned differently from each other, so it does not mean the MG6Pro is better than the MG5Pro, don't be misled by the price and naming. Depending on your taste, you may prefer one to the other. For me, I think the cheaper MG5Pro may be more suitable than the MG6Pro.

However, I heard from someone who heard it from the FS founder himself that a new universal will be out in December, so once that's out.... HOOT LAH!!! :s12::s12:

Last edited:

xuan87

Reaction score
Tralucent Ref1 at jaben?
damn... i was there ytd lunch time... nv get to try...
shall go again soon...

Jaben and AV One side by side, so you can go to both places in 1 trip.

Also I find it interesting that out of all the CIEMs at Null Audio, you like the NT6 Pro the most. Maybe with the right EQ/bass boost, the NT6 Pro will be perfect for you.

I used the bass boost on my JDS C5D on the NT6 and the bass quantity was improved dramatically though not until the rumble stage.

PChoon

Reaction score
MG6Pro is available at treoo at a very reasonable cost, very little markup compared to if you get from FS directly. However, Treoo does not have a demo unit for the FS customs. If you want to try, you have to try someone's unit.

Future Sonics is different from other companies, they don't bother to advertise and instead, their name is spread by word of ears and if you look at their history and professional artiste list, they are one of the top few CIEM companies in the world.

They only have 2 products because I don't believe in spamming, they chose to only offer what they feel is good. They also do R&D on their dynamic drivers which they make themselves, so new products take years to come out. BTW, the two products are tuned differently from each other, so it does not mean the MG6Pro is better than the MG5Pro, don't be misled by the price and naming. Depending on your taste, you may prefer one to the other. For me, I think the cheaper MG5Pro may be more suitable than the MG6Pro.

However, I heard from someone who heard it from the FS founder himself that a new universal will be out in December, so once that's out.... HOOT LAH!!! :s12::s12:

My desr friend you have provided valuable info... but no demo units so wasted... i shall contact treoo to check with them...
maybe even email Futuresonic myself...

PChoon

Reaction score
Jaben and AV One side by side, so you can go to both places in 1 trip.

Also I find it interesting that out of all the CIEMs at Null Audio, you like the NT6 Pro the most. Maybe with the right EQ/bass boost, the NT6 Pro will be perfect for you.

I used the bass boost on my JDS C5D on the NT6 and the bass quantity was improved dramatically though not until the rumble stage.

Yeah.. that will be my plan of attack...

i also find it weird... maybe the AAW series is also hybrid... but i think my EBs is better... hee...

i got consider add driver... but i do not know how it will sound... so i rather not change my EBs...

i tried the NT6Pro with my DX50 with National Amp... somehow only tat made me tap my toes to the beat... and it was the last one that i tested before i leave the shop...

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do give the um mentor and legacy a try too if you haven't.

widget

Reaction score
Tralucent Ref1 at jaben?
damn... i was there ytd lunch time... nv get to try...
shall go again soon...

Last week when I was there, they told me their Ref1 is on loan to Jaben Malaysia for a few weeks.
Not sure if it is back already

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.