iBasso DX90 / DX50 or Fiio X5 or just Fiio E17?

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This I agree. Didn't occur to me to a-b with stock cables. Did it when I read this. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. The staging gets even wider, not by much by noticeable. The depth is clear difference. Everything is more pronounced and layering gets phenomenal.

This afternoon I have a-b comparison at My Home .
We have compared 2 TG!334 on 001 Cable vs Toxic Silver Widow Cable

Set up A :
Source : DX90
Cable : 001 Cable
IEM : Fitear TG!334

Set up B :
Source : DX90
Cable : Toxic Silver Widow Cable
IEM : Fitear TG!334

My impression :

TG!334 on 001 Cable :
TG!334 on 001 Cable sound wide but not as good depth , overall warm sounding IEM.

TG!334 on Toxic Silver Widow Cable :
Soundstage opens up in depth, very, very 3D staging. The wide stage of the DX90+TG!334 is opened slightly wider. The bass is less decay, unusual because gold in cable. Overall less warm more airy.

My IMO

Wah lao, your poisoning of the TG334 recently in several discussion threads in here was quite disturbing my fellow comrade. Poison left right center up down with the TG334's, then now come in with more additional comments abt the pairing with Toxic Cables Silver Window. I wanna grab the Silver Window or Scorpion for my own EX800st also cannot lor, Frank don't want help Guangong to do up a pair.
:(:(

Wei se mo ni jiang bad de, all that mind-****ing poisoning.
:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah lao, your poisoning of the TG334 recently in several discussion threads in here was quite disturbing my fellow comrade. Poison left right center up down with the TG334's, then now come in with more additional comments abt the pairing with Toxic Cables Silver Window. I wanna grab the Silver Window or Scorpion for my own EX800st also cannot lor, Frank don't want help Guangong to do up a pair.

Gonna audition the silver widow with my 334 soon. Hope I don't tio poison deep deep

Vulpix

Reaction score
I listen mostly to metal music, I also starting to think X5 should be what I want, but still unsure siol. :(

ewng

Reaction score
I listen mostly to metal music, I also starting to think X5 should be what I want, but still unsure siol. :(

There are so many places that have demo unit to let you try...
Just bring your micro SD card rah... :vijayadmin:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lucky didn't tio poisoned by silver widow haha. Still love the 001 cable.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard both today. X5 is ..... on the other hand, dx90 is comparable to my ak120. Damn gian to get 1 now. The separation and presentation is very very impressive. Used my tg 334 to test it today.

destrozer

Reaction score

No poison la! It's all IMO. You see some people like Silver Widow, some people don't. I just happened to fall in the category that SUPER LIKE Silver Widow.

And TG!334 so good, no need poison also people will find for it naturally. :D

punishher

Reaction score

haven't tried the x5

but i'm using dx90 with um3x
mostly metal music (admittedly there are many genres of metal)
but still damn shiok sia :s12:

Vulpix

Reaction score
haven't tried the x5

but i'm using dx90 with um3x
mostly metal music (admittedly there are many genres of metal)
but still damn shiok sia :s12:

Is the bass punchy? What genre of metal? Power metal?

frekedech

Reaction score
I heard both today. X5 is ..... on the other hand, dx90 is comparable to my ak120. Damn gian to get 1 now. The separation and presentation is very very impressive. Used my tg 334 to test it today.

Thats a compliment for DX90!. The X5 UI is already a turn-off for me, let alone the SQ and the EQ doesn't help much. Put it down in 30sec and my wallet satisfied.

Will give the DX90 a try and hope it will impressed me just like DX50 =:p

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats a compliment for DX90!. The X5 UI is already a turn-off for me, let alone the SQ and the EQ doesn't help much. Put it down in 30sec and my wallet satisfied.

Will give the DX90 a try and hope it will impressed me just like DX50 =:p

I will give my vote to dx90. The only thing that keeps me away is the 8gb internal and only 1 slot. For some songs the presentation is better than my ak120.

siaoguitar

Reaction score
Hi all, am deciding between Dx90 & X5 now, am having a Fiio E7 currently, are the dx90 & x5 good enough without using an amp?

I love bass, and like them strong, and i do like the fact that u can change the batt in the dx90

Should i go for the DX90?

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do a test yourself at places that offers X5 and DX90.

Everyone has different opinions on either product.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, am deciding between Dx90 & X5 now, am having a Fiio E7 currently, are the dx90 & x5 good enough without using an amp?

I love bass, and like them strong, and i do like the fact that u can change the batt in the dx90

Should i go for the DX90?

Yes go dx90. They got internal amp, pretty decent amps. Dx90 got dual dac. The separation and clarity is better than x5.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.