iFi Audio Appreciation Thread

musicdreamer

Reaction score
anybody here who alr got the iusb 3.0?? can share some feedbacks?

iUSB%203.0_zps07xqzarw.png

crazypaladin

Reaction score
I have the micro iDSD, iTube and iCAN stack coupled with iUSB and of late, something strange happens. I can hear faint radio playback while listening to music. I would have thought that the iUSB cleans up the digital signal but this phenomenal is rather strange. In fact, when the digital source is turned off, I can hear the radio playback even more clearly. What's wrong with the set-up? It's following the display demo set in Stereo ION branch...

Murcielago

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the micro iDSD, iTube and iCAN stack coupled with iUSB and of late, something strange happens. I can hear faint radio playback while listening to music. I would have thought that the iUSB cleans up the digital signal but this phenomenal is rather strange. In fact, when the digital source is turned off, I can hear the radio playback even more clearly. What's wrong with the set-up? It's following the display demo set in Stereo ION branch...
Might be the iTube picking up stray signals :o

SeekAndDestroy

Reaction score

I used to have those issues last time, turns out it was due to the un-shielded RCA cables i was using plus the way i put them and the equipment near my table lamp

i rearranged the setup an the RFI pickup was reduced, i than used some ferrite clamp on the receiving end of all the RCA cables and all was good

John010

Reaction score
I used to have those issues last time, turns out it was due to the un-shielded RCA cables i was using plus the way i put them and the equipment near my table lamp

i rearranged the setup an the RFI pickup was reduced, i than used some ferrite clamp on the receiving end of all the RCA cables and all was good

Table lamp, power adapters, powerlines best to avoid, if shifting your equipment to another location or another room works better then its likely due to placement. Its a pain in the a**, been there done that.:o

exclusiv3

Reaction score
i like to ask if update the idsd micro to the latest 5.0 "vanilla" firmware and unfortunately as any updates of firmware, result in a "brick" hardware and no warranty, what's the possible solution???

any enlighten me what doe the latest firmware offer?

SeekAndDestroy

Reaction score
i like to ask if update the idsd micro to the latest 5.0 "vanilla" firmware and unfortunately as any updates of firmware, result in a "brick" hardware and no warranty, what's the possible solution???

any enlighten me what doe the latest firmware offer?

Did you try doing the firmware upgrade procedure again and see it will eliminate the brick?

exclusiv3

Reaction score
Did you try doing the firmware upgrade procedure again and see it will eliminate the brick?

the latest firmware seems to be much better, lesser jitter while surfing web.

anyone knows when the ipurifier2 is reaching singapore? tempted to get it for my iusbpower to make it like the new usb3.0power

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.