Introduction to the world of headphones

Like Tree5Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #16

Went to sennheiser website to find after reading this. Found this:
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...hi-fi-wireless

Whats their price range like? Any pros and cons? Places to find in sg?

Imagine having non stop music even when u are urgent for a toilet break.
price IIRC, the RRP for RS45 is 299 and RS65 is 399. but that is RRP.
Jayish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #17
Master Member

i havent read the review and am afraid to read it... becoz im not financially ready for a new headphone yet .... lol
Dun worry. The cheapest pair only cost $50 and i got uses words like 'nothing spectacular'.

*whips out glue* STUCK!
Thank you once again.

Another great thread by afbug1.
There was the in-ears for outdoor, now there is this headphones more for in house.

Bro, u know of any wireless one? Those big chunky bulky ones nvm, wireless can liaoz. Coz i am more of a night pax, watching rock concert dvds or watching films and blasting them while jumping ard the room or simply lying on the bed.
Thanks. For Senn RS series, i not sure man. Not many own them i guess. They're much more expensive and for that price you pay, you can get a better pair of wired headphones. All full size Senns comes with 3m cable. For a all rounder headphone, eg movies, music and games, try Senn HD555.

Remember, wireless ones still must charge. Like cordless telephone. And might have some interference.

Last edited by afbug1; 16-04-2006 at 05:04 PM..
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha.. but headfone feel lyk something hangin to my ear.. make it feel heavier den IEM.. imo only..
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #19

yea its true headphone does add on to the weight on ur head lol.. especially those high end ones... i tried HD600 a week ago... sound wise really fanastic.. but the weight is kinda a concern too..
Jayish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

price IIRC, the RRP for RS45 is 299 and RS65 is 399. but that is RRP.
OMG!!!!
I happened to went Liang Court today. So went to that big electrical store on the 1st flr to look look see see.
Saw a few Philips wireless headphones. They range from $80-$100++. Are they any good???

Remember, wireless ones still must charge. Like cordless telephone. And might have some interference.
hmm... True true. And not all of the models come with charging station, right?
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #21
Master Member

haha.. but headfone feel lyk something hangin to my ear.. make it feel heavier den IEM.. imo only..
Haha you very funny. lol. Wait till you try SAF's helmet. Dun worry, i'm not trying to convert you. Earphones are great, much cooler to use too, not so hot. I also prefer earphones and small size headphones. Not because of the weight but smaller ones not so warm.

yea its true headphone does add on to the weight on ur head lol.. especially those high end ones... i tried HD600 a week ago... sound wise really fanastic.. but the weight is kinda a concern too..
Waa.....i tot we're talking about cheap and lightweight headphones. HD600's price itself is a heavyweight liao. Its many classes above the 3 i reviewed. BTW, lower end Grados are very light.

OMG!!!!
I happened to went Liang Court today. So went to that big electrical store on the 1st flr to look look see see.
Saw a few Philips wireless headphones. They range from $80-$100++. Are they any good???

hmm... True true. And not all of the models come with charging station, right?
For the Philips, no idea man. And yes, not all models got a charging stand. Imagine, you forgot to charge and you watch movies at nite, then watch halfway, run out of batt. Can bang balls liao.

Last edited by afbug1; 16-04-2006 at 11:41 PM..
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 11:53 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha you very funny. lol. Wait till you try SAF's helmet. Dun worry, i'm not trying to convert you. Earphones are great, much cooler to use too, not so hot. I also prefer earphones and small size headphones. Not because of the weight but smaller ones not so warm.
haha.. dun get me wrong... i do use those sony street style earphone too.. but quite seldom nowadays
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 01:57 AM   #23

Just for the fun of it, welcome the 'best headphones' on this planet ever: The Sennheiser Orpheus (HE90 + HEV90 combo)

Happy saving and hunting for it!

Last edited by Zephyron; 22-06-2006 at 03:26 PM..
Zephyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #24

but the problem of headfone is it nt potable.. so u bring ur headfone out or cresyn?
haha indeed i'm now bringing the senn headphones out. well the portability issue ain't that bad la, just that i gotta have a pouch or bag around when i want to keep them, unlike earphones which i can squeeze into my player pouch. and when i need to pick up calls, it's not as convenient as plugging one side of the earphones out, gotta strip the headphones off from my head and hang on my neck.

oh did i just say that portability issue ain't that bad?

but i don't mind la, as they give me better thumping bass. and the open air style can chase other commuters away from me . no disrespect to cresyn, they're great phones too. but well my cresyn seem to be having abit of problems so would like to conserve them
theatreofdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 07:23 AM   #25

Just for the fun of it, welcome the 'best headphones' on this planet ever: The Sennheiser Orpheus (HE90 + HEV90 combo)

Happy saving and hunting for it!
wow hardcore audiophile...

how much is this set-up?

wonder will i ever have the chance to just try them out

Last edited by theatreofdreams; 17-04-2006 at 07:30 AM..
theatreofdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 08:12 AM   #26

The set-up costs US$7500, most of us can just ever dream on trying to even wear these babies *is sad*

Old 17-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #27
Supremacy Member

For the Philips, no idea man. And yes, not all models got a charging stand. Imagine, you forgot to charge and you watch movies at nite, then watch halfway, run out of batt. Can bang balls liao.
geez... Thats bang big balls sia....

Btw, do u guys know of any audio shops that can allow u to test their headphones?
Old 17-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #28
Master Member

recent studies have shown that using in-ears for a prolonged period of time could result in permanent ear damage so I generally use earphones only when I am outside of home. currently using closed cans at home but my ears do get quite warm after some time...thats why still prefer using speakers. not really an audiophile though. heh.
weihong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #29
Master Member

haha.. dun get me wrong... i do use those sony street style earphone too.. but quite seldom nowadays
Oh not getting you wrong. I prefer smaller ones. Not so hot.

geez... Thats bang big balls sia....

Btw, do u guys know of any audio shops that can allow u to test their headphones?
You can try your luck at Hung Bros. But i dun think so cos must charge the batts. When in doubt, buy from a reputable brand. I'm not saying Philips is lousy. They got some very good stuff but their headphones/earphones are cheap and cut corners. So i think Senn will be safer. I've read reviews on the RS140 before. Not bad. Personally, i will buy a normal wired one. Cheaper, no need to charge and generally got better SQ.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

You can try your luck at Hung Bros. But i dun think so cos must charge the batts. When in doubt, buy from a reputable brand. I'm not saying Philips is lousy. They got some very good stuff but their headphones/earphones are cheap and cut corners. So i think Senn will be safer. I've read reviews on the RS140 before. Not bad. Personally, i will buy a normal wired one. Cheaper, no need to charge and generally got better SQ.
THanks man, i see how.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.