dr150.jpg

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zephyron said:
I took the plunge as well. Just got these babies off Stereo Electronics:
*happy* :D
dr150.jpg
u juz wen SE? haha.. how much ur Goldring DR150 cost? cost?

Zephyron

Reaction score
After my PINT is overhauled bah, then I wear to school :D

But maybe la, since in school, no need the isolation when working till late night so just wear the DR150 so ear doesn't get raped *lol*

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Zephyron said:
I took the plunge as well. Just got these babies off Stereo Electronics:
*happy* :D

Oh you got them already? I tot you said you like K501? :s13: Try to come up with some impressions or review after a few weeks. I beleive many people are curious of them.

Zephyron

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Oh you got them already? I tot you said you like K501? :s13: Try to come up with some impressions or review after a few weeks. I beleive many people are curious of them.
I can't help it, the sound (pre-burn-in) is damn good and its pricing is damn attractive :D

Sounds different as compared to the K501, not as dry as I like since it has a bit more bass, but at least the bass isn't very attentuated. Granted, this thing slams quite a bit, but not as much as the K701's very strong bass quantity, so to me, that's a good thing =)

Zephyron

Reaction score
Anyway, CnP from SGHP:

The only major headphones I can compare it with is the DT880 and K701, but even then I don't use them that often *lol*. The comparisons are not made here however, because I have not yet spent enough time with all 3 headphones in one same point of time :)

But the sound it produces is almost up there, almost on level with the 'hi-fi' cans if compared directly from the DT880 and K701 from what I remember, the quality is no slouch either. This is prior to burn in (about 5 hours use thus far, my 'moderate to low-moderate listening volumes).

Overall brief description of what I have now, bass has a strong slam to it, which is a good thing (THUD! OMG! Turn down the bass just a wee bit please. Ah yes, that's better), the midrange is neither prominent nor recessed, its just right (not as liquid as the E4G, but it does its jobs very nicely), its treble is clean and sparkly (I love the treble!). In general, IF Sennheisers are laid back (didn't feel that with the HD600, that thing rocked!) and the Gradoes are bright (SR325, from what I remember, it is a great phone, but its brightness put me off), the Goldrign would be somewhere in-between, leaning more toward the Sennheiser side. Granted, its quite revealing, all my bad sources (derived from transcoded files and double checked on the entire frequency spectrum using Foobar2K's spectrum analyzer visualization) can sound harsh or sibilant. The headroom is not bad, not as wide as the K701, but still plenty of space, and its imaging is pretty solid to boot - Frontal areas of left and right are very strong, back left and right is good, but directly at the back... it seems to have issues, I'll try with a few video and computer games to test the imaging more. Its got a decent sense of 'height' if that's what you guys call it, tested from my video games of the Playstation 2 (Soul Calibur 2, Okami, Gran Turismo 4, Enthusia Professional Racing, Drakengard 2) and Nintendo DS (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow) :D

Live testing music (FLAC, but my external sound card is an old Creative USB sound card), all is fine and dandy, but then again, I have little headphone experience, so take it with a grain of salt =)

Its pretty easy to drive, the iAudio U3 has no problem delivering the needed dynamics and volume, so the newer iPods should be able to do a better job at it.

Granted, the K701 is more airy and fun and the DT880 is drier. I can't remember about the MS2 tried back at Jaben with abug last time *lol*, but the DR150 is almost on the same level of playing field as them.

Overall, I'm a happy buyer, and that's my impressions of it. I've heard PINT owners who own the docs say there's crazy synergy, but I'm putting that impression off on hold till my PINT's overhaul is complete and more burn-in time is achieved :)

In the mean time... *listens to some Acoustic Rock* Yeehaw!

Add: These things have been on my head since about 8pm or so, after dinner, and my ears are still happy. the velour padding is good, clamping force is decently strong but not overbearing. The comfort gets a thumbs up!

The one thing I don't really like is that the construction is made completely out of plastic. It feels a bit tacky.

Zeph over and out!

Zephyron

Reaction score
Day 1 burn-in update, left running overnight, using the E4G as benchmark, I think things got 'creamier' in the bass. A bit richer, more smoother flowing between the attack and transition phases.

Then again, I THINK it maybe cable burn-in since when I switched back to my iAudio mini to mini I/C, the sound went back to as if its the first time I got the headphones running.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
juz wan to check how many KCS75 user had done kramer mod to the kcs75? i did mine last nite but it a messy job done... but i luv the fone now... i the past b4 mod, i always prefer im716... now my heart change... hee... thinking will cuting the form pad make it sound more detail...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zephyron said:
Day 1 burn-in update, left running overnight, using the E4G as benchmark, I think things got 'creamier' in the bass. A bit richer, more smoother flowing between the attack and transition phases.

Then again, I THINK it maybe cable burn-in since when I switched back to my iAudio mini to mini I/C, the sound went back to as if its the first time I got the headphones running.

Is that yr AKGK1000?

Zephyron

Reaction score
Wah, the pic of me wearing the K1000 is very misleading XD
Theory is right, its about my Goldring DR150

Anyway, with regard to the KSC75, yes, cutting the foam will bring out a higher treble response :)

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
emm... wad abt the clarity? coz i find the treble juz nice after the kramer mod...

VelociRaptor

Reaction score
I had holes cut in my spaonge too and yes it did imprive the bass by ALOT i dint notice much in the treble cept that it was slightly louder.. Now happy with some ck-7s :D Oh and if anyone knows where i can find a replacement CLIP for a ksc 75, PM me... I lost one side :(

Zephyron

Reaction score
Thoury, you should know with regards to treble and clarity relationship by now (don't get faked! ;)), so I suggest that you take off the sponge of the KSC75 and wear it to get a feel of what's it gonna be like after cutting a hole in the sponge :)

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zephyron said:
Thoury, you should know with regards to treble and clarity relationship by now (don't get faked! ;)), so I suggest that you take off the sponge of the KSC75 and wear it to get a feel of what's it gonna be like after cutting a hole in the sponge :)
yup... i noe... tt y i'm asking if cutting will increase the clarity.. coz a sponge might muff the sound... tnx.. i will go hm test again... very bz and sian... my hdd spoilt le...

petersoong

Reaction score
earpad sponge replacement

Hello! I m peter soong, I would like to solve your earpad sponge problem which has been torn & its become dust or like powder, & dirty over the place. The earpad used is an inferior sponge. You need to get a new replaced earpad sponge for 3/4 months once, if you are regular use. As this is for hygiene purpose. normal, good earpad sponge would not become powder like.

However, Can I obtain some information about the the headphone 7 earpad. Hope that I will provide us ;
1. What is your outer dimension of your earpad?
2. What is the cost of purchased of the headphone/

Thank you

Peter Soong

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.