www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Headphones, Earphones and Portable Media Devices (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/)
-   -   JVC HA-FXZ200 (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/jvc-ha-fxz200-4019788.html)

Haonan 25-01-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysio (Post 73463890)
I can't really remember, but you can consider go try the Radius series if you haven't (I have some recollection but kena premature senility thanks to the debilitating effects of NS), the TWF11K is quite special. Kenz was impressed. There's bass, but balanced and controlled.

By the sounds of it I'm going to like the Atrio and EMs over the FXZ200.

Thks for the heads-up Ricky, but i have alrdy tried the Radius series (1st gen) myself last time at Jaben liao. The sound is not really to my liking though, while the midrange of the TWF11K's are not recessed to my ears at all, I think I'm finding their treble texture to be not articulated/extended enough if u know what i mean. At least not when compared to phones like my EX800st (ala MDR-7550's) or the EX1000's.

Joe uses the MDR-EX1000's himself, he probably would know this too and prolly would agree with me. There's something abit too laid-back abt the Radius DDM's treble liao, its main sig is IMO concentrated more on the lower-mids to bass though, as least from my memory.

I find JVC stuffs' usually not so laid-back in treble, at least according to my HA-FXT90's impressions and those I read from JP abt the HA-FX700 woodies. I also own a pair of HP-RX900 headphones from them myself, semi-open cans. That's why my interest is slightly piqued by the latest FXZ100/200's. But alas, I'm actually a mid's person so damn zannen. :(

rickysio 25-01-2013 12:33 AM

Raffinato la~

Haonan 25-01-2013 12:39 AM

Boh moola lar...still saving up for those AD2000X's lol. W5000 can come later. :o

GegeV2 25-01-2013 09:09 AM

How much did u all get the FXZ200 for and from where??

I see Bluetin is selling for SGD$311 but is from their Japan store.

xuan87 25-01-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haonan (Post 73462894)
Thks for sharing the impressions of the FXZ200 xuan87, that was pretty helpful. But yr own impressions of these iems has more or less confirmed my doubts that this pair of earphones are not for me, as I dislike iems with recessed mids. Boomy bass maybe still can tolerate though I usually dislike accentuated bass quantity in terms for my iems/headphones, but i supposed there are portable amps out there which may be able to tame/control the lower-frequencies much better usually so prolly not such a big issue for some ppl out there.

Will prolly check them out for myself next time, since will be making a trip to JP myself this coming April.

I won't say my impressions are particularly helpful. Like i've said, I used them unamped and from my experience with the FXT90, the FXZ200 should sound much better when amped properly. You should wait for my 2nd impression when I have my own burnt in set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haonan (Post 73464571)
Boh moola lar...still saving up for those AD2000X's lol. W5000 can come later. :o

I see that you have the AD1000PRM already. I once tried the AD2000 and AD1000PRM on 2 separate occasion and my impressions were that I prefer the AD1000PRM (though it wasn't a A-B audition, so it won't be that accurate). Wonder how the AD2000X sounds like compared to the AD1000PRM and AD2000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GegeV2 (Post 73468029)
How much did u all get the FXZ200 for and from where??

I see Bluetin is selling for SGD$311 but is from their Japan store.

Bought them from amazon.co.jp for S$240 without shipping. With shipping, it should work out to about S$260. Rakuten is selling it slightly more expensive than amazon.co.jp but if you buy from there, you can get 50% off international shipping with tenzo. I estimate that it'll still be cheaper buying from amazon.co.jp.

xuan87 25-01-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysio (Post 73463890)
I can't really remember, but you can consider go try the Radius series if you haven't (I have some recollection but kena premature senility thanks to the debilitating effects of NS), the TWF11K is quite special. Kenz was impressed. There's bass, but balanced and controlled.

By the sounds of it I'm going to like the Atrio and EMs over the FXZ200.

I haven't heard the EMs before (I want to, but don't see how I can without buying a pair), but I'm pretty disappointed with the latest version of Atrio. I was using the previous (or was it previous-previous?) version before I sold it and got the FXT90. The problem with the latest is that the bass is too strong and starts to intrude into the mids, while with the previous version, the bass is more controlled while still being plentiful.

Haonan 25-01-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 (Post 73473339)
I won't say my impressions are particularly helpful. Like i've said, I used them unamped and from my experience with the FXT90, the FXZ200 should sound much better when amped properly. You should wait for my 2nd impression when I have my own burnt in set.

Yup will do, I will wait for yr proper impressions. But yr initial impressions that the midrange region sounded alittle recessed was not w/o basis though. Because I have been digging up alittle bit of those reviews done by japanese bloggers, and I did come across some japanese reviews stating that the midrange is slightly more recessed than the bass/treble region. Meaning the FXZ200 is quite a V-shaped sounding iem in short, but that does not mean the FXZ200 doesn't not have quality/refined highs actually, which was why I was willing to consider them as a spare universal iem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87
I see that you have the AD1000PRM already. I once tried the AD2000 and AD1000PRM on 2 separate occasion and my impressions were that I prefer the AD1000PRM (though it wasn't a A-B audition, so it won't be that accurate). Wonder how the AD2000X sounds like compared to the AD1000PRM and AD2000.

Yup that would be correct, I'm a current owner of the AD1000PRM. Originally purchased my pair directly from JP, was very lucky to be able to get hold of these despite they were only produced in 1000pcs limited quantity, but with the help of my friend in JP managed to procured one earlier last yr. If u are interested, I will be providing some brief cross comparisons of the AD1000PRM vs AD2000X, once I have my pair in by mid-Feb. I don't think I can get the normal AD2000 on my hands though for proper testing, but I can provide some back-to-back memory comparisons by trying them out in the stores agn here locally, will try to provide some cross comparisons against AD900X/AD1000X too.

Cheers! :o

xuan87 25-01-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haonan (Post 73473826)
Yup will do, I will wait for yr proper impressions. But yr initial impressions that the midrange region sounded alittle recessed was not w/o basis though. Because I have been digging up alittle bit of those reviews done by japanese bloggers, and I did come across some japanese reviews stating that the midrange is slightly more recessed than the bass/treble region. Meaning the FXZ200 is quite a V-shaped sounding iem in short, but that does not mean the FXZ200 doesn't not have quality/refined highs actually, which was why I was willing to consider them as a spare universal iem.

Yup that would be correct, I'm a current owner of the AD1000PRM. Originally purchased my pair directly from JP, was very lucky to be able to get hold of these despite they were only produced in 1000pcs limited quantity, but with the help of my friend in JP managed to procured one earlier last yr. If u are interested, I will be providing some brief cross comparisons of the AD1000PRM vs AD2000X, once I have my pair in by mid-Feb. I don't think I can get the normal AD2000 on my hands though for proper testing, but I can provide some back-to-back memory comparisons by trying them out in the stores agn here locally, will try to provide some cross comparisons against AD900X/AD1000X too.

Cheers! :o

Oh don't worry too much about the comparison. I have no plans to buy any headphones for the moment, because whenever I'm at home, I listen to my speakers instead of headphones. So while i've set my eyes on the T1, I couldn't find any reason to buy it. I'm more interested in getting the JDS C421 portable amp for the FXZ200 right now.

GegeV2 25-01-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 (Post 73473339)

Bought them from amazon.co.jp for S$240 without shipping. With shipping, it should work out to about S$260. Rakuten is selling it slightly more expensive than amazon.co.jp but if you buy from there, you can get 50% off international shipping with tenzo. I estimate that it'll still be cheaper buying from amazon.co.jp.

Woah thats...cheap?

I thought it was selling at like 200+USD :o

rickysio 25-01-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 (Post 73473576)
I haven't heard the EMs before (I want to, but don't see how I can without buying a pair), but I'm pretty disappointed with the latest version of Atrio. I was using the previous (or was it previous-previous?) version before I sold it and got the FXT90. The problem with the latest is that the bass is too strong and starts to intrude into the mids, while with the previous version, the bass is more controlled while still being plentiful.

If got headphone meet or something can try lo. So far I've let noobzpro and kazzzam try my unit le.

One thing I don't like about FS is the Atrio no differentiation. Can't easily tell which series is which...

Find the mg7 gen mids is just about there, not too recessed or forward, and it never intrude into mids as well, but that's IME.

xuan87 28-01-2013 08:38 PM

From amazon.co.jp, i bought a FXZ200 (~S$235) and an audio-technica ckm500is (~S$58) and international shipping from tenso WITH insurance is about S$23. Package weight was 460g.

Just a guide for someone thinking of buying from overseas.

crystalnox 28-01-2013 09:59 PM

Do you guys wear your 100/200s out? They stick out so much!

xuan87 01-02-2013 09:59 AM

Tracking shows that my FXZ200 is finally at the Singapore EMS office! Luckily I brought my O2 amp to work, hope I can receive it early in the day.

audiolurb 13-02-2013 01:30 AM

Hey, anyone here free to do a little meet up for me to test the fxz200? Jaben doesn't have the demo for it :/

xuan87 15-02-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiolurb (Post 73935171)
Hey, anyone here free to do a little meet up for me to test the fxz200? Jaben doesn't have the demo for it :/

Bro, if you don't tell people when and where you can meet, how can you expect ppl to meet you? haha.

I have the FXZ200 and I work in Novena and live in YCK. I'm interested in comparing the FXZ200 vs the FXZ100. Sonically, I have always thought that Aluminium is one of the best metal for housing (look at the Grado Magnum mod) so I'm looking forward to how the FXZ100 will sound like.

Anyone with a FXZ100 interested in testing the FXZ200?