Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones

Needmysleep

Reaction score
How do I order this from ezbuy? I can't find it on the ezbuy site

Make a drop.com account, an ezbuy account ( if drop.com doesn't ship directly) , key in your ezbuy US forwarding address into the delivery address box at drop.com
and you are good to go!

Inzaghi009

Reaction score
Your HD6XX are individually serial numbered.

Massdrop also has a purchase confirmation email as well as a postage dispatch email.

All of which can be used to trace the provenance of your item.

For everyone information, the sales rep at Sennheiser marina square outlet has confirmed that Sennheiser SG does not provide warranty and repair services for Massdrop HD6XX and HD58X.

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
For everyone information, the sales rep at Sennheiser marina square outlet has confirmed that Sennheiser SG does not provide warranty and repair services for Massdrop HD6XX and HD58X.

this has been verified by some other ppl long ago :s13::s13:

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Got mine in 2017, headband is flattened, pads have been changed twice. Sold an extra brand new pair today :s13::s13:
Loving it with the Harman EQ that I found somewhere

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any DACs to recommend? I’m deciding between FiiO K5 Pro, ifi Zen Dac and Topping D50s. Please give some advice.

Denosha

Reaction score
Hi guys, any DACs to recommend? I’m deciding between FiiO K5 Pro, ifi Zen Dac and Topping D50s. Please give some advice.
Personally i think any of the Topping or SMSL DACs based on the latest DAC chips would be good value. And they basically come up with new models every few months (the D50s is pretty old). We've basically come to point where all these models measure so well technically that there is actually not much of a difference in terms of audio quality between them. At least probably nothing too perceivable unless you're doing A-B testing or have golden ears. It'll more likely come down to personal preference in terms of the tonal balance (still very subtle) and musicality.

Which model really depends more on the feature set you want. Balanced (thus requiring 2 separate DAC chips and paths)? Bluetooth connectivity? MQA decoding? The other choice would be between AKM or ESS DAC chips but i think with the shortage of AKM in the market right now, ESS might be easier/cheaper to get. Maybe decide on your budget first then it's easier to narrow down the options?

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally i think any of the Topping or SMSL DACs based on the latest DAC chips would be good value. And they basically come up with new models every few months (the D50s is pretty old). We've basically come to point where all these models measure so well technically that there is actually not much of a difference in terms of audio quality between them. At least probably nothing too perceivable unless you're doing A-B testing or have golden ears. It'll more likely come down to personal preference in terms of the tonal balance (still very subtle) and musicality.

Which model really depends more on the feature set you want. Balanced (thus requiring 2 separate DAC chips and paths)? Bluetooth connectivity? MQA decoding? The other choice would be between AKM or ESS DAC chips but i think with the shortage of AKM in the market right now, ESS might be easier/cheaper to get. Maybe decide on your budget first then it's easier to narrow down the options?
Thanks for your quick reply! Actually I’m a beginner to this audiophile journey so I’m not sure what to look out for. My budget for DAC is about $200 to $300. Mainly wanting to connect to my Mac to listen to Hi Res audio from Apple Music. The headphone I’m using is HD660s.

Last edited:

Denosha

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply! Actually I’m a beginner to this audiophile journey so I’m not sure what to look out for. My budget for DAC is about $200 to $300. Mainly wanting to connect to my Mac to listen to Hi Res audio from Apple Music. The headphone I’m using is HD660s.
I suppose you already have a headphone amp to run the HD660s? Asking because sometimes the DAC & AMP pairing makes a difference in terms of synergy.

If you want abit more versatility to run off most of your apple devices including the mobiles, you could also consider a USB DAC/AMP. Despite being tiny and running off the device's power, some of the newer/better models have pretty decent DACs and adequate power to drive moderately efficient full-size headphones like the HD660s. I've got a Lotoo Paw S1 and even though it's not the most powerful, it drives my HD6xx just fine even on single-ended. It even has MQA decoding which one of my desktop DACs have..

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
I suppose you already have a headphone amp to run the HD660s? Asking because sometimes the DAC & AMP pairing makes a difference in terms of synergy.

If you want abit more versatility to run off most of your apple devices including the mobiles, you could also consider a USB DAC/AMP. Despite being tiny and running off the device's power, some of the newer/better models have pretty decent DACs and adequate power to drive moderately efficient full-size headphones like the HD660s. I've got a Lotoo Paw S1 and even though it's not the most powerful, it drives my HD6xx just fine even on single-ended. It even has MQA decoding which one of my desktop DACs have..
Nope, I dont have anything at all. I just found out you need a DAC and Headphone amplifier to work. Don't think i use it for my Apple devices because my usage is only at home. Guess I will narrow it down to Fiio K5 Pro and iFi Zen Dac V2.

Denosha

Reaction score
Nope, I dont have anything at all. I just found out you need a DAC and Headphone amplifier to work. Don't think i use it for my Apple devices because my usage is only at home. Guess I will narrow it down to Fiio K5 Pro and iFi Zen Dac V2.
At the $200-300 range for a DAC/Amp you could also consider stuff like the Schiit Hel 2.

Between the Fiio and iFi though, if you don't need the MQA and balanced output (you'll need balanced 4.4mm cables for your HD660s), i think the Fiio is probably the more versatile option with the 3 gain levels (good if you want to use IEMs on em in the future) and healthier levels of power to drive more demanding full-sized headphones. The AKM4493 DAC it uses is also quite well established and used in many other devices. One of my DAC/AMPs is running that as well. Just my $0.02.

Kazzi

Reaction score
Here is an unpopular advice, don’t waste money on a DAC. Modern day phones and MacBooks have more than decent onboard DAC. Put your money one time on a sufficiently powerful amp like the Drop THX 789 or even the cheap Atom and spend on headphones instead moving forward.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.