Need help on Dx90 or Dx50. Hear me out~

otakupath

Reaction score
I know Dx90 is better than Dx50.
The main reason for comparison is that the battery lifespan of Dx90 (8hrs to 6hrs) is turn off for me as i spent most of the day listen to music and budget wise is slightly much for me, Dx50 at least can hold for 2 days the price is fairly cheap but i would consider it depend on your advices.
Its kinda hassle for me charge it every night (lol) since i got other things needed to be charge for the next days. (probably is my laziness lol).
Own a Shure 215 and Beyardyanmic Custom One Pro, i don't really consider myself really a audiophile but a normal guy who really listen who listen a lot music with decent sound.

Would you prefer me to stay with Dx50 or Dx90? ( what would be best in my situation either is sound or convenient for me, preferable someone who had tested both devices. )
Also where did bought your DAP?
am not sure should i get at jaben cause the price is 40$ - 20$ more than the original price unless its a sale.
Am getting it this weekend, tired of my 32gb iphone keep on saying not enough memory due to 2000+ song inside. lol.
Thanks alot~

KingJio

Master Member
Reaction score
if you don't need the DAP urgently, maybe wait till the reviews of DX80 before deciding?

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, firstly test and hear both DAP (audition) and see which sound you like.. If you cant tell the different, then get the cheaper DX50. If you can tell the different and like the DX90, then decide if you can live with lower battery life + Daily charging of the your unit.

I am currently using my DX50 with SE535 and MDR-1A, sound good to me. But ears itchy to try the DX90, if you stay around sengkang can drop by my place to audition if for yourself and get from me. =:p

Otherwise try ConnectIT stores ba~ ;)

rickysio

Master Member
Reaction score
DX50 and DX90 sound fairly different signature wise already. It's best to test yourself.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alternatively you can check out Fiio options... X1, X3ii and X5ii. All are non-touchscreen though. Battery life are all better than DX90, maybe on par with DX50, +/-. Sound wise... gotta let your ears decide.

Btw, my previous DX90 only lasted 4-5hrs with moderate UI ops. Not sure if 6-8hrs is even possible, unless you just press play and leave it untouched throughout.

LegendZenify

Reaction score
Why do you only consider ibasso? Widen your choices, Fiio is pretty good too.
Fiio X1/X3II/X5II is rated at 12/11/10 hrs battery life respectively, which is better for your dilemma.

Also, might as well get a cheaper DAP and spend the savings on earphones, you'll get more enjoyment out of your music.
Your shure 215 isn't gonna do a dx90 justice.
For eg. DX90 costs ~$600, might as well get a Fiio X1 and Dunu DN2000 and still have some $$ left over.

kevedeliamas

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got a dx90. What's the best firmware now? Can anyone guide me thru a proper firmware upgrade ? Cheers!

AsukaAkira

Reaction score
I have a DX50 but built quality is not that great, the headphone jack is having problems with the connection already and I get intermittent sound most of the time unless I try shifting the connection port.

otakupath

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestion, The reason why i didnt put Fiio was the build design, very old fashion looking unlike ibasso have the modern look. haha, am going to test Fiio and ibasso tmr. Also thought that if i bought Dx90, in a long run when i got SE846 it would be good investment for dx90 too but the battery life.... sigh~
Hopefully Dx80 will be alot better than both models *fingercross*

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.