Need recommendation: DAC/AMP for PC and record player

Millimeter

Reaction score
My Sennheiser 650 is on the way, and I need to get a better DAC/amp combo to drive it. I'll mainly use my PC as a source, and occasionally listen to records on my turntable. That's why I'll need the DAC/amp combo to have RCA inputs, as well as a separate USB input.

My budget is about $300 ~ $400, thank you!

xuan87

Reaction score
Now now, I won't say the budget is too low. I drove the HD650 out of my dap and it already sounded fantastic, nowadays there are plenty of entry-level gears that perform well, I think 300-400 is a fair starting budget.

Also, you don't necessarily need to have RCA out, all you need is an adapter/right cable to your turntable.

Off the top of my head, the Schiit Fulla 2 is low priced and should be able to power your stuff fine, or you can move up and get the M2M stack.

If you want to go higher, then you should start looking at second hand stuff.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A 2nd hand Geek Pulse meet your requirement?
RCA inputs....usb DAC :s12:
geek_pulse_fi_desktop_dac__headphone_amplifier_1482056882_52d24ecc.jpg

geek_pulse_fi_desktop_dac__headphone_amplifier_1482056881_95400e4d.jpg

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well... audio is subjective... hd650 was once a flagship headphone... and I still love it

$100 also can produce sound... so depend on user

actually not much to try with that budget... just head to shops

like stereo , e1 , jaben... whichever u think u not paiseh to go in... =:p

Millimeter

Reaction score
Now now, I won't say the budget is too low. I drove the HD650 out of my dap and it already sounded fantastic, nowadays there are plenty of entry-level gears that perform well, I think 300-400 is a fair starting budget.

Also, you don't necessarily need to have RCA out, all you need is an adapter/right cable to your turntable.

Off the top of my head, the Schiit Fulla 2 is low priced and should be able to power your stuff fine, or you can move up and get the M2M stack.

If you want to go higher, then you should start looking at second hand stuff.

Thinking of getting the Little Dot Mk III actually. Then I can use my Zuperdac as a DAC for PC, and just need to get something to switch between my PC and turntable.

Noirkw

Reaction score
My Sennheiser 650 is on the way, and I need to get a better DAC/amp combo to drive it. I'll mainly use my PC as a source, and occasionally listen to records on my turntable. That's why I'll need the DAC/amp combo to have RCA inputs, as well as a separate USB input.

My budget is about $300 ~ $400, thank you!

At that price, I would suggest you buy the 2nd hand AUDIO GD C2.2 on XP forum

Noirkw

Reaction score
Sorry what's the XP forum?

xtremeplace, but just realised you need a DAC component. So the C2.2 is ruled out.

Can consider:

Emotiva
Yulong
Matrix audio
Audio GD (You can consider the NFB-11 if you stretch your budget a bit)
Schiit (unlikely as I doubt the Fulla, which is in your budget, can drive the HD650)

Then again, I feel you are better off saving a couple hundred more and hold off your purchase, then buy something that can last and you wont feel to upgrade too soon in future

Last edited:

Millimeter

Reaction score
xtremeplace, but just realised you need a DAC component. So the C2.2 is ruled out.

Can consider:

Emotiva
Yulong
Matrix audio
Audio GD (You can consider the NFB-11 if you stretch your budget a bit)
Schiit (unlikely as I doubt the Fulla, which is in your budget, can drive the HD650)

Then again, I feel you are better off saving a couple hundred more and hold off your purchase, then buy something that can last and you wont feel to upgrade too soon in future

Thanks for these recommendations. I actually own a ZuperDAC, so maybe I can just get a Little Dot tube amp. Alternatively, I can wait and see whether Schiit has any Boxing Day sales and buy the Schiit stack with their SYS switch.

xuan87

Reaction score
Thanks for these recommendations. I actually own a ZuperDAC, so maybe I can just get a Little Dot tube amp. Alternatively, I can wait and see whether Schiit has any Boxing Day sales and buy the Schiit stack with their SYS switch.

Schiit will never have any sale, they have stated that before.

However, you might be able to get B stock at a cheaper price, but you need to wait for the 230V B stock which is even more rare.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.