Out of touch question

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #1

Out of touch question

hello,

i'm sorry to ask this question. i haven't been in the sound forums for a long time and i haven't been in Singapore for the last 2 years. right now i'm looking to buy a new set of cans and reading up. just wondering, what happened to Jaben? the forums seemed quite dead?
drumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Jaben is still alive and kicking! Go pop by there in Aldephi Plaza...

And yes, Stereo has a new nice shop in ION Orchard and another in Plaza Singapura.
darkarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #3

"And yes, Stereo..."?! don't see @drumma talking about Stereo leh.. - -;

@drumma, and yes, as mentioned, jaben is still alive and kicking.. my friend just went there to get some customs made recently haha
deranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #4

Stereo and Jaben is the best place now for audio needs, think that's why darkarn mentioned both. =)

DAP: iBasso DX100, Cowon J3, Sansa Clip Zip
Amps: Pico Slim, RSA Mustang P51
Earphones: UM3x, UE SF5 pro, ER4p, ER4s (custom)
Headphones: Sony Z1000, Grado SR325i
Hitsugaya87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #5

Now there's a lof of online competitors also. Treoo, EFAudio, Audiohub and now got a new store as well I think called Soundwavez.

DAP: iBasso DX100, Cowon J3, Sansa Clip Zip
Amps: Pico Slim, RSA Mustang P51
Earphones: UM3x, UE SF5 pro, ER4p, ER4s (custom)
Headphones: Sony Z1000, Grado SR325i
Hitsugaya87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #6

i digress, but the way it was presented was just weird. *shrug*

anyway if you want some place not in town, most nubox and epicentre outlets have testers for earphones.. i won't recommend this for everyone, just for those who don't want to go all the way to town just to for the earphones
Old 13-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #7

Oso got a new store selling high end audio at I12 Katong. Forgot its name liaos, second floor there. Haha
LiQuiFireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #8

@drumma, and yes, as mentioned, jaben is still alive and kicking.. my friend just went there to get some customs made recently haha
Haha guess he's just giving additional suggestions out of goodwill?

Just a +1 here. You can visit Jaben at Level 4 Adelphi, sadly Uncle Wilson no longer appear much in the shop, often flying around the globe for franchising business affairs, guess you cant blame people for chasing bigger pieces of pie

While like the guy below mentioned additional, Stereo also opened new branch at ion b4, leaving stereo ps and closing down the good ol'branch at causeway point.

Other local business online includes Treoo, Audio Hub etc, i say much has changed within this short span of 2 years.
selfa89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #9

Katong de shopping centre second floor is called Soundwave. It's not an online store lolololol. It's a physical one.
bobozhang137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #10

Katong de shopping centre second floor is called Soundwave. It's not an online store lolololol. It's a physical one.
How's the soundwave? Never been there before..
selfa89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #11

I've been to both shops before. eons ago. currently not in SG now. but would like to do some sound(pun intended) shopping when I'm back.
Old 13-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Master Member

How much they pay you to advertise klipsch? Just out of curiosity. I need some extra cash, intern don't earn much.
Old 14-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Stereo and Jaben is the best place now for audio needs, think that's why darkarn mentioned both. =)
Precisely; whenever someone complains about needing better headphones, these names just came into my mind. A reflex action I guess.

Besides, this is a Stereo-sponsored forum; thought I should mention it too.

i digress, but the way it was presented was just weird. *shrug*
Sorry about that, I guess I have to work on that.

Haha guess he's just giving additional suggestions out of goodwill?

Just a +1 here. You can visit Jaben at Level 4 Adelphi, sadly Uncle Wilson no longer appear much in the shop, often flying around the globe for franchising business affairs, guess you cant blame people for chasing bigger pieces of pie

While like the guy below mentioned additional, Stereo also opened new branch at ion b4, leaving stereo ps and closing down the good ol'branch at causeway point.

Other local business online includes Treoo, Audio Hub etc, i say much has changed within this short span of 2 years.
Thanks! And Uncle Wilson sounds familiar; some customers were praising his workmanship online...

A side-note about Stereo: Go for the ION branch (or rather the new flagship shop in my opinion) for its greater variety and spacious counters for you to test out the stuff.
darkarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #14

oops, didn't know i was promoting klipsch at all! didn't even use the word klipsch.. looks like i should find a job in advert..

on the other hand, how much they pay you to keep talk about stereo? maybe i should ask them to give me a cut when i say people can try earphones there too..
Old 14-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #15

I'm amazed at this forum. that's one of the reasons I seldom post in HWZ. thread closed. I got my answer. thanks everyone!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.