HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PlusSound Audio Cables - Quality Price, Persuasive Sound!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #1

PlusSound Audio Cables - Quality Price, Persuasive Sound!

I would say i am pretty new to IEMs with detachable cables, i previously owned a few other IEMs like S4, moshi clarus, Sennheiser sports in ear series. 3 weeks ago, i took the plunged and bought Heir Audio 4Ai. Overall i can say i am quite happy with the sound but something was missing. I had mixed thoughts regarding how much a cable can change the sound quality. i did some researched, and found a decent price hybrid ( copper+silver/gold) from PlusSound Audio which might have the sound signature that i wanted. i met up with a fellow forum member who was selling it (Chesterljh) he let me audition it. He was patient with me (new to cables), explained how different materials brings about different sound sigs, how to look at the cables and also intro-ed me quite a few. Great customer service and also after sales service! he allowed me to change the cable to others if i wasn't happy with it ( i bought it on the spot ).

At first glance, the cable looks sturdy, and well made, the pins were not flimsy like the stock cable and quite firm actually. (Sound wise is based on my own opinion, we have different ears so how i feel about the sound may or will be different from yours, and i don't really know how to describe very well so these are just some thoughts). The treble were more 'focused', the bass were a tad more 'firm', at first listen i wouldn't say its much different compared to stock, but after a bit more 'burn in' time (maybe is placebo effect, who knows) it does sound more different.

Its like having speakers in my ears. Bass was more impactful and treble was still crystal clear, like i am sitting just 2-3 rows away from the stage ( not sure if this is called sound staging). It improves clarity and also instrument separation (can differentiate). As far as i am concern, its a definite upgrade from stock, i have yet to try out the renowned whiplash/toxic cables, maybe in the near future. I would recommend anyone to give it a try, price wise its worth the money (quality to cost ratio is good), not as expensive as whiplash or toxic. (not commenting on their sound quality as i have not tried them)

Ergonomics - 9/10
Tangle resistance - 10/10 ( never tangled despite all the curls )
Memory effect - 8/10 (the ear area does retain the "curve" shaped, but the main wire below the splitter does not have the memory effect although i keep it coiled up whenever i am not using it)
Build quality - 10/10 ( very sturdy )

Their website - plusSound - In-Ear Monitor IEM Custom Cables - Ultimate Ears, Shure, Westone, Sennheiser, Etymotic, M-Audio, UE Customs, JH Audio, 1964 Ears, Unique Melody, Earsonics, Kozee, Stage 93, Aurisonics, Heir Audio, Compact Monitors, Cosmic Ears, Future Son
(They are doing cables for UM too!)
You could also find Chesterljh for audition! i am sure he will be happy to help ^^

how to ensure you get an original or quality cable (for beginners)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/el...o-4013552.html

Cheers!
P.S - I don't sell or trade any of these cables!
(Please note, what i written above is just my opinion) ^_^
xiaoaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
Master Member

Wonder how the similarly priced Chris himself silver ray cable compare
racoiaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #3

@xiaoaries

thanks for tagging me! =)

@raciaw

chris_himself cables are mostly solid core as i know..
PlusSound does both stranded and solid cores as seen on the website..

do contact me for more information
Old 04-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Master Member

i believe the latest version has been changed to stranded cables for his silver ray
Old 04-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #5

why not u give it a try...i honestly dont think they are the same...u cant draw conclusions like that especially their cables price are all very affordable!! =)
Old 06-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #6

i believe the latest version has been changed to stranded cables for his silver ray
I believe if i am not wrong, he uses SPC for his silver ray cables not silver. His new stranded version from what i see from his website o.o
Old 07-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Master Member

last time solid core now spc stranded lor. supposedly still an upgrade though, according to him
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #8

last time solid core now spc stranded lor. supposedly still an upgrade though, according to him
i still suggest you trying cables before commenting on negative feedback on PlusSound, it is very unfair to them.

I believe the community will agree with me on this. If ou wanna have a try at the cables, do PM me
Old 07-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
Master Member

i still suggest you trying cables before commenting on negative feedback on PlusSound, it is very unfair to them.

I believe the community will agree with me on this. If ou wanna have a try at the cables, do PM me
how is that a negative feedback??

was just considering the silver ray against the plus sound
d4rkm4st3r likes this.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #10

how is that a negative feedback??

was just considering the silver ray against the plus sound
hmmm..guess i was confused between another thing i was doing...

at the start u said about chris_himself cables similarly priced which made me feel that u are saying that plussound copied chris_himself...haha
Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #11

hi

Hey. is there any local retailers or sellers in Singapore for this cable brand right now?
Vestigestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #12

locally doubt so
u want have to ask chesterljh
chesterljh likes this.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
Master Member

any more orders???? so cheap cables where to find! only here!!
Bro, got demo bo? Dun mind meeting up to demo.

Free up for u!
agameer likes this.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #14

demos were apparently sold in the end..except for a gold plated copper solid core cable...haha
agameer likes this.
Old 14-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #15

chester, stop posting here about your stock and stuff. If you continue I will lock this thread. Please stick to discussing about the cables and not your sales.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.