Sennheiser IE 800 anyone?

I_M_TOMMY

Reaction score
Might as well go TG 334 at that price. Seems the only high-end universal which no one actually hates, which is a good indication of quality. Polarizing opinions almost always indicate ****.

rickysio

Master Member
Reaction score
Might as well go TG 334 at that price. Seems the only high-end universal which no one actually hates, which is a good indication of quality. Polarizing opinions almost always indicate ****.

TG334 is at least 50% $$ more IIRC lol. :s13:

nekatrall

Reaction score
hehe is it cos no 1 complain
or
cos no one(or not many) can afford so no point complaining about

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way, the price between a IE800 & K3003 is quite wide......................................;)

I_M_TOMMY

Reaction score
SG price is quite in line with US price (USD 999) and UK price (GBP 599) actually, so it's more of HK price being real awesome here.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i think hk sell apple stuff also cheaper right

Mzeria

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I expected the ie80 and 800 to be like day and night, given the price difference, but when i heard them, they didn't really blow my mind leh. I did hear some small details i never did before on the 80 during the test on some of my familiar tracks though. Maybe will try again when its fully burned in

rickysio

Master Member
Reaction score
I expected the ie80 and 800 to be like day and night, given the price difference, but when i heard them, they didn't really blow my mind leh. I did hear some small details i never did before on the 80 during the test on some of my familiar tracks though. Maybe will try again when its fully burned in

Curious... Tuning similar? (IOW 'voice' of the IEM)

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
auditioned at ion just now. everything was good. so good. love the mids and soundstage. bass a little bit hitting my limit. the mainy gripe is too much treble. couldn't really take it in the beginning. after awhile ears seasoned abit so not as bad (not exactly a good thing) but still breaching my threshold. consolation is despite the super emphasized treble, there is little or no sibilance.

i'm tempted to hoot in the faith of a more tamed treble after proper run in, but managed to exercise restrain. :D

end of the day, i think i still prefer the k3003 for its overall more natural presentation. ie800 like too much energy.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Tested on Eva Cassidy's version of Fields of Gold, the K3003 gives a more intimate feel to the song (mids) but lacks emotion which the Sennheiser IE800 has.

On Hans Zimmer's Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl it bring forth minor details not so obvious on the K3003.

I personally feel that for accurate listening the K3003 performs better but if you want something with better musicality then the Sennheiser IE 800 is what you are looking for.

YMMV but do try it out! =)

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tested on Eva Cassidy's version of Fields of Gold, the K3003 gives a more intimate feel to the song (mids) but lacks emotion which the Sennheiser IE800 has.

On Hans Zimmer's Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl it bring forth minor details not so obvious on the K3003.

I personally feel that for accurate listening the K3003 performs better but if you want something with better musicality then the Sennheiser IE 800 is what you are looking for.

YMMV but do try it out! =)

emotions... yes guess that's what a dynamic driver can do.

for its treble, it's good for tracks that have rather rolled off treble like coldplay's "yellow" and some others. but on normal ones it can be quite overwhelming.

besides my usual test tracks, today i also listened to "now the green blade riseth" by the stockholm cathedral choir. usually choir music are quite treble deprived since there are little or no instruments that play in that range anyway. but with the ie800, it's awesome! the clarity of the guitars, the diction, the stage, the body, the emotion...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.