Shure 1540

kurenai_19

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone own this headphone. Currently I own a pair of ATH-M50 and I'm looking for a upgrade. I tried the 1540 before but would like feedback from user whether there's any difference after burn in as I'm quite sure the set I tried has not go through the process. Being able to test it out of the box, first impression to me is the bass is quite tuned up this time for a set of Shure.

Beside 1540, I also tried the 840 and quite like it. Unfortunately the weight and leather pad feel is no match to the 1540.

Overall I like the 1540 very much but the price tag and bass level (when brand new) is holding me back.

Hope someone can provide some feedback

Seth Lee

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone own this headphone. Currently I own a pair of ATH-M50 and I'm looking for a upgrade. I tried the 1540 before but would like feedback from user whether there's any difference after burn in as I'm quite sure the set I tried has not go through the process. Being able to test it out of the box, first impression to me is the bass is quite tuned up this time for a set of Shure.

Beside 1540, I also tried the 840 and quite like it. Unfortunately the weight and leather pad feel is no match to the 1540.

Overall I like the 1540 very much but the price tag and bass level (when brand new) is holding me back.

Hope someone can provide some feedback

the 1540 is bass heavy :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.