Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

spotify premium worth it?

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #46
Arch-Supremacy Member

On Spotify Premium. Anyone knows why sometimes in the midst of playing a song, it stops, and when it comes back on, the sound quality is clearly worse?

If you then restart the song with the forward/backward buttons, it recovers.
Probably your network issue, if no network it will pause than resume.
Depending on your network whether your phone always is LTE/3G.
Try change the quality either from low/medium/high see how is it.

If not sync that playlist.
Old 23-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #47

it is a synced playlist already though, hence wondering whether is a common problem.
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #48
Supremacy Member

Spotify has S$0.99 for 3 months promo now, wondering if I sign up now, is Dec considered the 1st month? Hence Dec, Jan and Feb?

Promo states it ends 1st Jan 2017. If I sign on 1st Jan 2017, does it means Jan, Feb and Mar?
AMD_FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:28 AM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

paying $2.50 per month for family pack - sharing with another 5 friends. $14.99 is charged to me every month, i just collect 1 year subscription fees from my friends directly. Only cost $30 per year. I like spotify so far, good enough quality and selection for me.
Lastexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:01 AM   #50
Supremacy Member

There's Apple Music promo for students at $4.98 monthly.
Maybe i should give it a try...
evolute8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #51

paying $2.50 per month for family pack - sharing with another 5 friends. $14.99 is charged to me every month, i just collect 1 year subscription fees from my friends directly. Only cost $30 per year. I like spotify so far, good enough quality and selection for me.
Yah yah ... how good can it be when you don't own those songs once you discontinue your membership?
ym901s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #52
Master Member

Yah yah ... how good can it be when you don't own those songs once you discontinue your membership?
most people sign on to these services for convenience rather than ownership. doing this is waayyyy better than buying CDs (costly and take up space), or downloading songs (illegal/costly). way too many pros over cons to list them out here.
Darknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #53
High Supremacy Member

Why do I need to own those songs?

I rather listen and move on to newer ones.
joemalu likes this.
charleslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:23 AM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think I can afford to pay for the membership for quite a long time at 2.50 a month. Ownership is irrelevant. I have X GB of music on my computer, but how often do I listen to all of them? Not very often maybe once in the blue moon. Worse is they take up so much space (ssd is still not dirt cheap for high ends). So for $29.90 a year (just a meal at a restaurant in a mall), I can access to huge repository of music anytime without buying any CD/individual album that easily cost more if you buy more than 2 albums per year. Apart from that, spotify makes searching for new songs easier and i can get on to other people's playlist as well.

Anyway whatever floats your boat man. If ownership is such a big deal to you, you could continue to buy CD and rip them or purchase it from itunes. This model is just not cost effective for me.
Lastexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

who cares whether u own those songs or not? Did you realized that artists also received a loyalty fees every month who publish their songs on spotify/AM?

and moreover for $96 (Singtel Music $7.90 p/m) per year allows u to access millions of songs library and moving across different platform also gives u a huge convenience as well.

I have 2 x android phones, 1 x iPhone, 1 x MBP, 1 x PC all linked to spotify. its so got damn easy to listen to the same set of library.
Old 31-12-2016, 08:37 PM   #56

Got a noob question about Singtel Spotify which I hope someone can answer - if I get a DAP with bluetooth/wireless can I stream music thru my phone into the DAP? I remember reading somewhere that the song library cannot be transferred?
kennysme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #57

Missed the recent SGD9.90 for 3 months promo for Spotify Premium by a few hours
lemon812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #58

Now singtel got spotify and tidal. Wonder if tidal is worth the upgrade
oohmygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #59

Got a noob question about Singtel Spotify which I hope someone can answer - if I get a DAP with bluetooth/wireless can I stream music thru my phone into the DAP? I remember reading somewhere that the song library cannot be transferred?
some DAP is android-based, so you can run spotify straight from there. and if i were you, i will just listen directly from phone, if the audio source is spotify..
meshbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #60

Now singtel got spotify and tidal. Wonder if tidal is worth the upgrade
i tried tidal a year ago.. tidal had very limited songs compared to spotify. not sure about now. And Tidal HiFi subscription is double the price of spotify premium.. for mainstream music listeners, best to stick with spotify
meshbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.