In store now: Headamp Pico Power amplifier (with pics)

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Headamp Pico Power portable amp in store now and with more pics!
bxAzCs7.jpg

HLuMX9z.jpg

Last edited:

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
It's smaller in the flesh than the pictures show actually.

Didn't expect such a small package to produce that much juice. :)

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
It can drive headphones up to 600 ohms. =) Definitely more powerful although Mustang slightly smaller.

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Can it beat the Mustang for power:size ratio?
If it can.... woah

Very possible. Has a significantly larger soundstage than the iBasso DX100's built-in amp, and this is before burn-in some more.

For me, any portable amp that can exceed the DX100 built-in amp, is worth looking at. :)

ckryan3

Reaction score
Very possible. Has a significantly larger soundstage than the iBasso DX100's built-in amp, and this is before burn-in some more.

For me, any portable amp that can exceed the DX100 built-in amp, is worth looking at. :)

Agreed, agreed. I'll come down to try soon ^_^

ckryan3

Reaction score
It's huge! Same height and width as mustang, but twice the size and easily 4x the weight -.-
I think size:power ratio isn't great, simply cuz it's very big and very heavy.
Sounded like a pico slim with more bass kick, but similar mids and highs (auditioned it for a while today)
The lack of a charging circuit is quite a turn-off for a 500+ dollar amp though, especially since it's made to drive big headphones, so it will probably be parked at home.

David_Can

Reaction score
It's huge! Same height and width as mustang, but twice the size and easily 4x the weight -.-
I think size:power ratio isn't great, simply cuz it's very big and very heavy.
Sounded like a pico slim with more bass kick, but similar mids and highs (auditioned it for a while today)
The lack of a charging circuit is quite a turn-off for a 500+ dollar amp though, especially since it's made to drive big headphones, so it will probably be parked at home.

I carried a SPE iQube with my classic before I got the iBasso DX100 so it really depends on how determine one is.... :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.