thebit Opus#1 Appreciation Thread

mehmeh91

Reaction score
how does fiio players fare compare to this opus 1? currently own a gen 1 fiio x3 :s13::s13::s13:

zhix

Reaction score
Opus #1 user reporting in... :)
This DAP is the reason why I sold my AK320... :D
Opus Opus lumber huan~!! :s12::s12::s12:

wah .. Opus#1 is so good ah ? was about to buy the AK320 .. looks like I should make a trip down to E1 and try.

Mind sharing why the Opus#1 sounds better then AK320 to you bro ?

ewng

Reaction score
wah .. Opus#1 is so good ah ? was about to buy the AK320 .. looks like I should make a trip down to E1 and try.

Mind sharing why the Opus#1 sounds better then AK320 to you bro ?

To me I prefer Opus 1 than AK320 as Opus 1 is more engaging...
You can try it yourself and see which one is better to you... ;)

zhix

Reaction score
I went to try the Opus today. I really wanted to like the Opus since it's like 3 times cheaper then AK320.

Test Songs:
-Arnesen - Magnificat 4. Et Misericordia FLAC
-Yo-Yo Ma - Ave Maria FLAC
-Diana Krall -Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea Remastered FLAC

Test Equipment: Oppo PM3

Initial Impressions of Opus:
Construction looks good and feels good in the hand, although it's made from plastic housing, it feels firm and solid. Screen resolution and viewing angles are terrible, although it's not that critical since it's mainly for album art and navigation. Like the firm buttons, so no accidental presses. Selection of songs is pretty basic but functional, loading my 64GB card was pretty fast ... where's the playlist selection .. WHAT ? No playlist selection !?!

Initial listen:
Soundstage is nice .. instruments left and right and at the back, lots of kick powering the PM3 (PM3 needs power to shine man). But where is the emotion? I don't FEEL the warm emotional feels from Yoyo Ma's cello string (On side note, Chord Mojo does a EXCELLENT job of conveying the warm emotional feels from Yoyo Ma's Ave Maria, you feel chills going up the spine).

In summary, great soundstage, lots of power/kick, but cold and clinical.

Here's a quick look at the display viewing angles, I thought the display was functional but really horrible and washed out.

Last edited:

bimadz

Reaction score
Anyone tried opus one with SE846? Thinking to grab used AK100ii but wondering how Opus one sounds like with SE846.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got one set, what do you all use as case? Other than the leather case?

iluvtubehcbk

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie and just bought my opus 1,much appreciations to all if someone can guide me step by step to download the latest firmware as I am also computer dummy. Thanks a lot. Cheers

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie and just bought my opus 1,much appreciations to all if someone can guide me step by step to download the latest firmware as I am also computer dummy. Thanks a lot. Cheers

1. Go to this link: thebit OPUS#1 firmware. Download the latest firmware and unrar it.

2. Connect DAP to PC. Do turn it on before connecting.

3. A folder linking to your DAP will appear at My Computer. Copy the unrar-ed file into the main directory.

4. Remove DAP and enter settings to update. It will automatically search for the file.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig this thread. A few questions on the Opus 1.
1. Hows batter life?
2. No way to install Spotify?
3. There's a 1s now. What's the difference?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.