Westone UM Pro

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Song song gao joo koon ah

Yeah lo, after sales service is really good for Westone.

If anything were to go wrong, best to be after the 1st year, so you can send direct to Westone.

In fact, more convenient and probably faster than going to distributor's office as you can mail at your own time at only $6 for my case including the envelope. :D

nanotech25

Reaction score

If anything were to go wrong, best to be after the 1st year, so you can send direct to Westone.

In fact, more convenient and probably faster than going to distributor's office as you can mail at your own time at only $6 for my case including the envelope. :D

If you go distro within warrenty, wun they just give you a replacement? Like that faster then send directly to Westone what unless Westone has a Singapore Office which you can send to.

Kensuke11

Reaction score
Distro no keep stock. I have to wait for replacement um pro 10.
One side kena low volume within 1 month of purchase.

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you go distro within warrenty, wun they just give you a replacement? Like that faster then send directly to Westone what unless Westone has a Singapore Office which you can send to.

If got stocks then good, but sometimes they don't do replacement straight away, but I guess maybe for IEM replacement is easier.

And plus the other time I went to the local distributor, the location was insane! :s22:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If only manufacturers have this practice lol. But usually only the big boys have the means to do so

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gotten myself a UM Pro 30 and Shure SE535, compared and tried both for 2 days, ive to say i prefer the UM Pro 30 alot more then Shure SE535. Shure passing to my friend.

Shure EPIC cables just sucks... pins kept rotating plus the harden cable over the ears, very difficult to wear, but they do look alot nicer and stylish compared to UM PRO 30, this doesn't matter as I'm doing reshelling

Preferred Westone version cable alot more, flexible soft twisted cable unlike Shure rounded, also their "extended" foam tips feels and isolates alot better.

I'm not really a professional audiophile but just purely love to listen to better music, so I can't really explain between them but I just love how the UM Pro 30 sound, even over my reshelled UE Tifi 10. Altho they sound great, but they perform weak when using it for movies or radios.

Last edited:

RealSpark

Reaction score
Just gotten myself a UM Pro 30 and Shure SE535, compared and tried both for 2 days, ive to say i prefer the UM Pro 30 alot more then Shure SE535. Shure passing to my friend.

Shure EPIC cables just sucks... pins kept rotating plus the harden cable over the ears, very difficult to wear, but they do look alot nicer and stylish compared to UM PRO 30, this doesn't matter as I'm doing reshelling

Preferred Westone version cable alot more, flexible soft twisted cable unlike Shure rounded, also their "extended" foam tips feels and isolates alot better.

I'm not really a professional audiophile but just purely love to listen to better music, so I can't really explain between them but I just love how the UM Pro 30 sound, even over my reshelled UE Tifi 10. Altho they sound great, but they perform weak when using it for movies or radios.

UM Pro 30 is 3 drivers 3 ways, and SE535 and Tf 10 are all 3 drivers 2 ways. It makes it different.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UM Pro 30 is 3 drivers 3 ways, and SE535 and Tf 10 are all 3 drivers 2 ways. It makes it different.

Arh I didn't know that, I do know UM Pro 30 has 3 way crossover, not sure about SE535, or even my tf10, I did custom it due to broken pins almost 6-7 years ago...?

This is my first time listening to a 3 way crossover or infact learning so. Does it explains the same as 2way/3way speakers?
What i know is 3 way it will spit up to each drivers, correct me if I'm wrong. But I do really love how the UM Pro 30 sounded against the other 2. :D

I did try the W40 before deciding too, altho the bass is better, but the overall UM Pro 30 just sound better. Altho I wished Westone put more effort in the design and material used on the shell, like the SE846 :D

Last edited:

RealSpark

Reaction score
Arh I didn't know that, I do know UM Pro 30 has 3 way crossover, not sure about SE535, or even my tf10, I did custom it due to broken pins almost 6-7 years ago...?

This is my first time listening to a 3 way crossover or infact learning so. Does it explains the same as 2way/3way speakers?
What i know is 3 way it will spit up to each drivers, correct me if I'm wrong. But I do really love how the UM Pro 30 sounded against the other 2. :D

I did try the W40 before deciding too, altho the bass is better, but the overall UM Pro 30 just sound better. Altho I wished Westone put more effort in the design and material used on the shell, like the SE846 :D

Yes, similar to speaker, one high one mid one low.
Westone build quality is always crap...

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, similar to speaker, one high one mid one low.
Westone build quality is always crap...

Hahaha, first time buying a Westone, tbh quite disappointed with the closed shell... but the cable and foam tip better than Shure IMO, time to visit Nulls Audio :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.