HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who has/had HJE900?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #1

Who has/had HJE900?

hey guys, just want to see who has/had this iem. if u sold it why? and if u r keeping it why? anyway u guys currently got how many hours on ur set? i think rickysio say one day his suddenly just open up. i recently bought one and burning them in now. current impression is that its not very impressive. it is somewhat sibilant (im not very sensitive to sibilance so YMMV) and i personally dun like the mids for some songs. hope it can improve since currently less then 100 hours of burn in. come come share ur experience with this love it or hate it iem
zhuang_zijian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #2

hey guys, just want to see who has/had this iem. if u sold it why? and if u r keeping it why? anyway u guys currently got how many hours on ur set? i think rickysio say one day his suddenly just open up. i recently bought one and burning them in now. current impression is that its not very impressive. it is somewhat sibilant (im not very sensitive to sibilance so YMMV) and i personally dun like the mids for some songs. hope it can improve since currently less then 100 hours of burn in. come come share ur experience with this love it or hate it iem
Where u gt it ah?? SO hard to find now
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #3

2nd hand lor. i saw one for sale immediately went for it without bothering to neg cos i noe alot of people looking for it. nowadays new is like 200~300+ usd
Old 01-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #4

anyway amazon uk has it for 99 gbp
Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #5

Eh why no response to this thread?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
Master Member

I like its ss. Only gripe is d lack of isolation
SpOrTsTeR79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #7

wait for rickysio to come in, he seem to be quite the fan.

My friend spoiled his HJE-900 accidentally by submerging the HJE 9000 into his drink for 10mins. Now it is so hard to get one.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #8

@sportster79 do u consider it top tier the sound? If it is the can consider get custom sleeves lor. @takaki now hje900 is hard to find for cheap. But if if is really top tier then 99 gbp isn't too expensive. Anyway wat did your friend think of it?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #9

sibilant? not really... it just has lots of bass and a great emphasis of highs. just like TF10. i sold mine at 160 u know , mids are the most impt to me and if it doesnt have that then it'll go. If u listen carefully the bass super damn alot on some songs but its actually quite well controlled. Its highs were too much for me so i used comply tips, and also because the stock tips were **** and i couldnt get sony hybrids to fit properly. Considered one of the best dynamics though.
-Sora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #10

how long did u use it before selling? did u notice any changes? @sportster79 how long did u burn it in for and did u notice any changes too? anyway maybe its the songs fault hence the sibilance
Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

sibilant? not really... it just has lots of bass and a great emphasis of highs. just like TF10. i sold mine at 160 u know , mids are the most impt to me and if it doesnt have that then it'll go. If u listen carefully the bass super damn alot on some songs but its actually quite well controlled. Its highs were too much for me so i used comply tips, and also because the stock tips were **** and i couldnt get sony hybrids to fit properly. Considered one of the best dynamics though.
Like Sora, one of my most impt requirements for my IEMs is to have a quality midrange tone as well due to my listening genres, this is also partially the reason why I have never really liked the TF10 as much as they seemed to be the popularised IEM in this forum. I do prefer the mids on HJE900 more than TF10 though, but that still doesn't deny the fact they have very accentuated lows/highs just like TF10, giving a V-shaped like sound spectrum in terms of their native sound sig. Also in terms of overall build quality and comfort wearing fit I do personally prefer the HJE900 over TF10 for sure.

For those of you who are still interested in the HJE900, if you still can find a pair online I would suggest you to grab it asap, as I had already mentioned on a forum thread started by rickysio previously, the HJE900 has already being EOL-ed by Panasonic in JP some mths back, and they seemed to have being phased out in the US as well, though I am not exactly sure why these are still being sold/avail in the UK.

My 2 cents.
俺? 完璧主義者×オーディオ好きです。Just another day in Singapore.
Haonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.