Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro (Quantie ) Hybrid Earphones

tonylee5566

Reaction score
Get it from Nextbuying ..
T1KvZ_B5Yv1RXrhCrK.jpg

obichacha

Reaction score
Just bought mine rose gold piston 2 in SG, but still waiting to ship.

The piston 3 out of stock, but my friend help me buy in M'sia website still available now, can't wait too :)

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using these for a few hours for listening to pop, rock and classical guitar music. it seems quite good to my untrained ears particularly for pop and rock with good balance of bass and treble and isolation is on par with the piston 2.

For classical guitar music, it seems that the bass is a bit too overpowering, I have no such problems with the piston 2. A bit strange ...

musicsg_com

Reaction score
been using these for a few hours for listening to pop, rock and classical guitar music. it seems quite good to my untrained ears particularly for pop and rock with good balance of bass and treble and isolation is on par with the piston 2.

For classical guitar music, it seems that the bass is a bit too overpowering, I have no such problems with the piston 2. A bit strange ...

Yes the earphones are "darker" sounding. I recommend changing the eartips to achieve your desired balance. :)

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I find piston 2 striking the balance. Tried the piston 3 and didn't like it.

obichacha

Reaction score
Getting this voice of China to be compare both platforms android n iPhone to be slightly output for the overall.

871BCA88-CE96-46C6-85A0-122CB0B74942_zpsqyhjnycy.jpg

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too attracted by so called high end engineering advertised, I bought a pair too. But really I am a little disappointed it's overhyped. I tried on the usual heavy metal, rock, pop songs I listen to, it pretty much couldn't deliver in all the genres. Even the earphones still selling on the Xiaomi Singapore website is better than this, in terms of sound and packaging. Of course I believe different users have different likings, so too bad I don't share the same preferences as the many fans...

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too attracted by so called high end engineering advertised, I bought a pair too. But really I am a little disappointed it's overhyped. I tried on the usual heavy metal, rock, pop songs I listen to, it pretty much couldn't deliver in all the genres. Even the earphones still selling on the Xiaomi Singapore website is better than this, in terms of sound and packaging. Of course I believe different users have different likings, so too bad I don't share the same preferences as the many fans...

burn in or get use to it

thats the insane thing about audio... all sound different...

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the bass is just too overpowering ... while listening to some Bruno mars tracks. Really feel something wrong with my set.

Also read in another forum that there could be QC issues with this model, some user has bought 2 sets and is able to hear the difference.

chiaRH

Reaction score
just my 2 cents based on a month of usage, yes as many have remarked, it has a very very dark sound signature, to the point where i read some people on head-fi suggest that if you prefer a more neutral sound, the cheaper Piston 3.0 is a better deal

ive owned the pistons 2.0 before and its good value for money but imo the cheap price leads to overhype, reality check at the end of the day is, xiaomi likely caters to consumer grade sound and not like those audiophile level super-critical listening type of sound tuning

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the general consensus is that piston 2 is better than the new piston 3?

I am looking forward to buying the piston 3.. but after reading the comments here... better not. =:p

obichacha

Reaction score
Anyway: Hybrid, piston 2 & 3 with Voice of China.

End up still prefer on piston 3 the soundstage still quite recent & nicer.

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
Got one pair to try out.. Sounds like crap... Piston 2 is much better

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.