[AMA] I am a DENTIST. Ask me anything! [AMA] :D :D :D

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Dentist,
years ago I had a dental implant done, The problem is there is a gap between my adjacent tooth.
The food keep getting trapped there. After a few years there is a decay.
Is there anything that can be done?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is market rate for composite veneer for top 8 + bottom 8 ?

i got a quote 2.4k

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Is the dentist still aval? I have a important thing to ask. My retained root was done but they charged double. The retained root affected is #36

but they give 2 bill #35 and #36. #35 was never touched or mention during ops. What ways can i go about if they say is correct. And who can i approach for such dispute?
ask for before and after xray.

animeonegai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It no longer is root canal. Dentist suggested not feasible as the tooth was structurally gone. Only one side of tooth thats still intact. I already knew previously about this. So i asked for implant.

The dentist quoted it would not be more than $6,000 for the whole procedure. This includes gum treatment, remove remaining tooth, bone graft and implant.

Particularly the bone grafting. The dentist proceeded to do 2 bone graft without my knowledge (under general anesthesia). Only after upon awaken and see the receipts, then I know.

Currently, the cost of the full package has exceeded the initial quote.

The initial operation or treatment, the dentist did not do any xray. Same goes for all other following ones. And I wonder if this is a standard practice. Also if the quotes given before and right now, I not sure if its standard market price range.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
It no longer is root canal. Dentist suggested not feasible as the tooth was structurally gone. Only one side of tooth thats still intact. I already knew previously about this. So i asked for implant.

The dentist quoted it would not be more than $6,000 for the whole procedure. This includes gum treatment, remove remaining tooth, bone graft and implant.

Particularly the bone grafting. The dentist proceeded to do 2 bone graft without my knowledge (under general anesthesia). Only after upon awaken and see the receipts, then I know.

Currently, the cost of the full package has exceeded the initial quote.

The initial operation or treatment, the dentist did not do any xray. Same goes for all other following ones. And I wonder if this is a standard practice. Also if the quotes given before and right now, I not sure if its standard market price range.
Can try periodontist. See if can do gum electrocautery to cut gums expose more tooth n paste crown to tooth

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
I am a dentist. Ask me anything! :D :D :D
I had my wisdom tooth (upper left wisdom tooth) extracted. The dentist told me not to blow my nose for 2 weeks. Because he said my sinus is unusally large

2 and a half days later, I now have a runny nose. I am resisting the urge to blow my nose. Is it really taboo and a cardinal sin not to blow the nose

keke1337

Reaction score

My wisdom tooth seems to eat into the next tooth, the dentist found no decay from the X-ray. Should I keep it, remove it, or is there a way to align the wisdom tooth?

YJL1984

Reaction score

My wisdom tooth seems to eat into the next tooth, the dentist found no decay from the X-ray. Should I keep it, remove it, or is there a way to align the wisdom tooth?

From my understanding, wisdom tooth cannot be aligned

Just remove it and happily be on mc from school or work la 😅

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

eh why don't consult the dentist who is someone who has studied to become one rather than ask people who isn't dentist????

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.