[R2SR] a weight loss log

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you weigh triple digits, start losing some weight, go ahead and do more cardio, watch your diet on top of strength training.

For back/hip/hamstring exercises can do deadlifts.
Thereafter for your upper back strength, can do Fat man pull ups (aka incline pull ups), barbell rows, cable rows, and slowly work your way back to pull ups.. and yes you can do lat pull downs for now

Yes, and if I may add:

1. Diet wise - high protein low carb high essential fats ie load up on eggs, meat, seafood for protein, carbs should come mostly from vegetables & some fruits. Eliminate all grains, wheat, roots from your diet. Diary products including milk is also out. Of course junk food is totally out.

2. Traditional slow paced cardio is ineffective for fatloss. I would suggest doing HIIT burpees, sprints, cyling etc after every workout on a 1:1 protocol eg for burpees:

30 sec burpees, 30 sec rest, 30 sec burpees & so on. Do until totally out of breath & can't go on any more. If unfit, the 1st HIIT session may last only 5 min or even less. Gradually increase until you can do 15 - 20 min. After that increase burpees to 60 sec while keeping rest time to 30 sec. Once that becomes achievable, cut down rest time to 15 sec.

After that becomes achievable then replace HIIT with the dumbell/kettlebell swings, thrusters, barbell/DB complexes using the Tabata protocol.. eg for DB/Kettlebell swings, do as many reps as possible for 20 secs, rest 10 secs, do again for 20 secs etc - do for full 4 min, at the end of which you would be gasping for air & feel like puking. As aerobic capacity increases, gradually increase weight but keep the 20 sec work 10 sec rest protocol constant. Start with 14 kg & slowly add weight.

By doing HIIT first & later tabatas at the end of each workout combined with a high protein low carb high essential fat diet, metabolism is raised for 48 hrs after the workout, enabling maximum fat loss.

Last edited:

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
No idea but my size 32 work pants can put in my fist le. If not for my belt sure drop.

Previously wearing size 36 to 38 depending on cutting.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No idea but my size 32 work pants can put in my fist le. If not for my belt sure drop.

Previously wearing size 36 to 38 depending on cutting.

Great work! Keep it up till you can see outline of your 6-packs.

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Great work! Keep it up till you can see outline of your 6-packs.

beginning to see the outline of the upper 2 lol.

decided to go a lot slower on legs as dun wanna risk hurting myself.
lunges is a lot lesser tiring than the 1 leggedsquat.

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
gymmed today.

52.5kg OHP
5 5 5 5 5

body weight pull up
2 2 4 2 3 4

some barbell curls in the squat rack :X

body suffering very very badly from DOMS from the pull ups. a lot of effort was needed for the 52.5kg OHP...

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
gymed today at 6.30pm. not a good time as getting very sleepy without pre workout

did dumbell rows, sitting rows, some light OHP

and pull ups

pull ups
3 3 3 3 3

total 15. ending each set with a negative rep.
pulling myself upwards seems easier now. but still it is hard...

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
gymmed today.

87.5kg bench press
5 5 4 4 3

yay deload~

some isolations

chins up
4 4 4 3 3
total pulls 18.
negative reps on the last pull of every set.

yay time to deload my bench.

should i deload it to 80kg or 77.5kg?

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
10478542_10152300883587701_9102929160338952530_n.jpg

took weight this morning.

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
gymmed today.

55kg OHP
5 5 5 5 5

incline bench 65kg
5 5 5 4 4

pull ups
6 6 6 3

total pull up 21.
wow. somehow after doing 4 got the energy to somehow pull 2 more each set lol. <3
finally improvements.

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
casually did pull ups at work today.

pull ups
8 8

somehow manage to do 8 now....

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good! Keep it up! Once u can do 12 reps or more then do weighted pull-ups.

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Rawrrrr came back from town at 9.30pm decided to drop by the pull up bar and give it my all.

Reverse grip pull ups
9 8 6 1 2 1

Negative rep for all the sets except the 1st one.

The first set really drained everything I had in me. I find myself activating a hell lot of my chest and abs to keep my balance. Is it normal? Like my legs have to be close to a L-sit posture. Maybe at degrees inorder to pull myself up.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pull-up does activate the abs to a large extent. If you lay off for a few weeks, you'll find that when you start pull-ups again, the DOMS are mainly in your lats, abs & lower pecs.

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just back from the gym.

bench 80kg
5 5 5 5 5

reverse grip pull up
8 6 5 4 1 1
negative reps on every last set.

and some isolation...

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
gymmed last wednesday.
did nothing but benching.

bench
105kg PR

110kg attempted but failed. might be able to clear it but lost focus and allowed the bar to kill me as i bring the bar down to my chest. ):

out of energy to attempt anything else.

frostbyte88

Reaction score
gymmed last wednesday.
did nothing but benching.

bench
105kg PR

110kg attempted but failed. might be able to clear it but lost focus and allowed the bar to kill me as i bring the bar down to my chest. ):

out of energy to attempt anything else.

Good job, keep it up! :D

thelastname

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Gymmed today after a week break.

80kg bench press
5 5 5 5 5 with at least 2 to 3 rep of pausing for 2 seconds at the bottom in each set.

Some isolations.

I haven been doing bicep curls at all. How do I go about doing it if I am after growth in size?

The past week I have been looking at myself in the mirror. Especially when I am buying new clothes that fit me. The feeling is just good. Pretty much happy with what I am seeing but there is still room for improvement. Will still continue to cut at a slower and enjoyable pace. Untill I see a stall in my training progress.

My goal was not to become ripped or shredded. But more of just being able to be a average singaporean size so others would not call me fat. But yea, closer to my goals each day. Wont be giving up.

unicorncanfly

Reaction score
I don't think you're fat already... In fact with your lifting stats, upload your photo, I'm sure most people will find it at the acceptable range liao.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.