All sports earphones/headphones. Please contribute.

boompipi

Reaction score
That's good for sports! For me, I can't concentrate on running with music. It will screw my own rhythm. Haha

Agree.. usually if you're using a tempo trainer, quite difficult to concentrate with other music. Unless your music is playing the tempo you want.:s8:

SleepyEyedBoyz

Reaction score
Agree.. usually if you're using a tempo trainer, quite difficult to concentrate with other music. Unless your music is playing the tempo you want.:s8:

Haha I think I have quite an unique tempo which is why it's easier for me to run without music than with music. Will be quite hard to find a few pieces of music that might sync with my tempo.

As dissipate ask, audiobooks? I haven't tried that out though.

boompipi

Reaction score
Haha I think I have quite an unique tempo which is why it's easier for me to run without music than with music. Will be quite hard to find a few pieces of music that might sync with my tempo.

As dissipate ask, audiobooks? I haven't tried that out though.

I remember Spotify used to have a running app and can detect your running tempo. Spotify will auto select songs at your running pace accordingly.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Is the Beoplay H5 available locally already?

Ban Leong estore has the black one.
http://banleong.com/sg/estore/beoplay-h5-black/

Pink one is available from mid-August. Very transparent sound, and seems like after running in the bass is more responsive. Attractive design but probably not as rugged as other sports headsets. Requires special charging dock. The pink one will be a superb gift.

http://musicphotolife.com/2016/07/beoplay-h5-review-wireless-earphones-bo-play/

Beoplay-H5-11.jpg

musicsg_com

Reaction score
I remember Spotify used to have a running app and can detect your running tempo. Spotify will auto select songs at your running pace accordingly.

Sony has an all-in-one Music Headset. MP3 player, heart-rate monitor, GPS, pedometer, etc. With this, you don't need your smartphone to track all your workout stats. It will also select songs according to your running pace. It can even be worn for swimming.

http://musicphotolife.com/2015/06/sony-smart-b-trainer-review-smart-running-headset/

Sony-Smart-B-Trainer-8.jpg

cyberac

Reaction score
Re

Is this really ok for swimming coz I have a friend that send in for service twice and apparently, she is using it for swimming. :s11:

I'm not sure about your friend. I have a pair of such earphone from Sony as well and they are fantastic. Have gone swimming with them multiple times and its working fine.

boompipi

Reaction score
Maybe I'll make a comparison with Jabra Pulse and my Garmin Fenix 3HR...

Apparently they both have different readings... But not surprising since the Garmin Fenix 3HR and the Fenix 3 with garmin chest strap have different readings as well.

boompipi

Reaction score
Anyone tried using comply foams for running? Most foams don't last long due to the sweat and perspiration that disintegrates the material.

I wonder does the Comply Sports Foam makes any difference ?
Comply Sports Foam

smhousefly

Reaction score
Anyone tried using comply foams for running? Most foams don't last long due to the sweat and perspiration that disintegrates the material.

I wonder does the Comply Sports Foam makes any difference ?
Comply Sports Foam

Didn't had the luxury of comply foams because generally they do not last long with the sweat and perspiration.

I had tried with the supplied stock comply that came with my earphones and they lasted only for about 2 weeks. Probably the sports comply can last longer. It's definitely more comfortable and secures better than the usual rubber tips.

smhousefly

Reaction score
IMG_4849_zpshehczzuf.jpg

The earphones that had been training with me all these weeks while working towards my first triathlon event!!

For those on a look out for a value for money earphone with great features, you can consider the Mee Audio X7 Plus

Aptx technology allows transfer of full music bandwidth instead of highly compressed audio files commonly used on other wireless bluetooth. You should experience a higher quality of audio music reproduction from the Mee audio X7 plus.

Sweat-proof / water resistant allows you to perspire like crazy and run in the rain... Never have to worry about getting the earphones getting faulty. The earphone stays in my ears snug fit but it's better to try it out physically since everyone's ears are different. There are 3 sets of ear tips, S M & L just incase if the usual ones don't fit well.

7.5hrs of battery life for your longest training required.

On the whole, I would say that the Mee audio X7plus offers very good value function and performance at similar earphones at its price range.

Definitely worth a try!

jes205

Reaction score
@smhousefly, how long have u been using the Mee X7 plus? I tried 3 different brands of wireless, all break down after 3-4 times..wanna try another brand but damn scared same thing happen.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.