HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anytime Fitness Thread

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #46

i asked one of the staff who is a lady at Nex outlet . She mentioned that guest would be $30 per entry and for member subscription would be $98 per month .
blackvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #47
Master Member

And its a fallacy, training at odd hours is better. Don't be surprised if you see more people there at midnight than during normal peak hours. And what are you going to eat at 2 am after your workout?
Odd hours include morning time too. I used to arrive in JW clubfitt gym 7am Monday Wednesday Friday. For a public gym, it gets pretty empty that early in the morning.
jokerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #48

Odd hours include morning time too. I used to arrive in JW clubfitt gym 7am Monday Wednesday Friday. For a public gym, it gets pretty empty that early in the morning.
I regard it & am referring to the midnight hours since its an 24 hours gym, & most gyms aren't open at that time.

Many if not most gyms are opened at 7 am.
Kangsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #49
Supremacy Member

some questions for the nex outlet ..

with a weightlifting platform can you just release the bar when doing pulls? or are they anal about the noise?

also, how are they in terms of oly bars and 20kg plates?

took a look at their FB page but the pics don't show much

no platforms there currently. but they have bumper plates.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's anytime fitness leh... You can go anytime. Including 6pm.
lee_tired_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #51

One sad thing with Anytime fitness is the amount of space which isn't filled...

Wish they'd have plate loaded machines...

A proper bench press would be nice...

DB's going beyond 35kg would be an improvement...

Treadmills they have aren't user friendly... unlike the usual treadmills at the other major gyms...

Also if anyone is taking ppl in after hours... how do they even know if you bring it extra ppl? Noticed a lot of guys bringing in gf's/wife's on the sly... unmanned hrs
digiwahjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #52
Supremacy Member

Treadmills they have aren't user friendly... unlike the usual treadmills at the other major gyms...

Also if anyone is taking ppl in after hours... how do they even know if you bring it extra ppl? Noticed a lot of guys bringing in gf's/wife's on the sly... unmanned hrs
they won't bring in a bench press because it's dangerous to bench alone during unmanned hours without safety bars.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #53

they won't bring in a bench press because it's dangerous to bench alone during unmanned hours without safety bars.
You know you say this... but actually the bars are always removed whenever I see anyone benching within the cages...

So whats the difference

I understand the logic but when the bars can be removed the logic is no longer valid...
Old 06-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #54

You know you say this... but actually the bars are always removed whenever I see anyone benching within the cages...

So whats the difference

I understand the logic but when the bars can be removed the logic is no longer valid...
Sounds like just pure speculation like many things said here.

The gym seems like any other gym. Use it at your own risk.

Anyway the gym can be very quiet in day time with no one supervising. So one can get killed under the smith or rack in day time. So why not ban them too.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #55

Sounds like just pure speculation like many things said here.

The gym seems like any other gym. Use it at your own risk.

Anyway the gym can be very quiet in day time with no one supervising. So one can get killed under the smith or rack in day time. So why not ban them too.
ban all free weights!

Rise of the machines!

seriously tho, a gym that does not allow you to do the big 3 properly is pretty sad.
Bel.SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #56

It depends on the branch.
Some are pretty much full in terms of spacing unless they really pack the machines very close like in the big gyms.

As for sneaking people in, they aren't stupid.
They told me if more than one come in, their alarm will ring plus they record the going ons all the time, so they should know if you pass the key to another.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #57
Supremacy Member

no platforms there currently. but they have bumper plates.
yeah I just saw an insta vid of derrick kim pulling at the nex outlet. there's at least 4 sets of 25kg bumpers there from what I see (freefall DLs drooooool). I only hope that there's enough plates left to go around for everyone else if he's training lawl

gotta wait till my current membership at energyone expires tho

Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #58

It depends on the branch.
Some are pretty much full in terms of spacing unless they really pack the machines very close like in the big gyms.

As for sneaking people in, they aren't stupid.
They told me if more than one come in, their alarm will ring plus they record the going ons all the time, so they should know if you pass the key to another.
Like I said, they just walk in together...

Tbh, it ain't my business if people bring in extra people... just when you start having those types who sit on the machines with their mobile phones... that's when you start to become tired of the ones who don't actually pay to come

As far as the equipment is concerned, there is a lot of room for expansion if they deem fit
Old 12-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #59

Looking like the Anytime Fitness @ NEX is looking pretty well stacked compared to the other Anytime fitness gyms out there at the moment
ketua likes this.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #60

Looking like the Anytime Fitness @ NEX is looking pretty well stacked compared to the other Anytime fitness gyms out there at the moment
This is actually owned by a powerlifter while the other branches seems to be owned by other franchise owners, & are more a boutique gym.

Hope the nex gym succeeds. There should be more gyms like that.
digiwahjai likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.