HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anytime Fitness Thread

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #736

Hi Folks. This is my first time attempting to join a gym. I'm trying to joining Anytime fitness so i need some tips. I did some reading here on the forum (not all of coz).

I live in Woodlands and work at tanjong pagar. So the one i will mostly be visiting are the ones at Ace the Place and the one in International Plaza. Anyone got reviews on them? I'm very particular about shower room for the one at IP since i'll be using it during lunch time / after work, so i need a decent place to wash up.

Regarding membership prices. How am i able to get a $68/mth deal? i read someone saying that i can join a newly open gym (example Clementi) and then use another gym on an average of 60% for 2 months to transfer myself over. Is that like the only way to get "better" deals? Any additional tips that i might left out?

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #737

Hi Folks. This is my first time attempting to join a gym. I'm trying to joining Anytime fitness so i need some tips. I did some reading here on the forum (not all of coz).

I live in Woodlands and work at tanjong pagar. So the one i will mostly be visiting are the ones at Ace the Place and the one in International Plaza. Anyone got reviews on them? I'm very particular about shower room for the one at IP since i'll be using it during lunch time / after work, so i need a decent place to wash up.

Regarding membership prices. How am i able to get a $68/mth deal? i read someone saying that i can join a newly open gym (example Clementi) and then use another gym on an average of 60% for 2 months to transfer myself over. Is that like the only way to get "better" deals? Any additional tips that i might left out?

Thanks!
$68/mth deal:

This comes during the pre-sales period of a newly open AF gym. please note that the outlet may or may not hv it, so it's not a 100% confirmed thing. you have to do some homework, like track for any potential newly open gym and call up to check with the sales person if there is $68/mth during the pre-sales.

You don't to transfer outlet. The sales person will inform you that you can only visit the outlet which you sign up with for the first month. after the first month, you can visit other AF outlets.

Shower rooms:

They don't provide towels so you will have to bring yours. I haven't been to those 2 AF outlets that you have mentioned, but my experience with the rooms are that it's not as many as Fitness First or True Fitness. if u go during lunch time, be expected to queue.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #738

ATF Tampines North CC

hi guys,

Anyone tried the newly shifted Tampines North CC ATF?

I Just realised it's very near to my workplace and was planning to workout either in the 8-10am timing or 8.30-10pm timing.

Can anyone tell me about the crowd during this time and how's the equipment over there?

Did not bring the key fob with me today, so couldn't enter and check it out!
ajjmalll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #739

hi guys,

I Just realised it's very near to my workplace and was planning to workout either in the 8-10am timing or 8.30-10pm timing.

Can anyone tell me about the crowd during this time and how's the equipment over there?
equipment wise, they still bringing in stuff, so its not the final amount of equipments u will see in the gym yet.
1pm to 4pm is the least ppl ..literally me and at most 1 other dude.. morning i not so sure..12am also alot ppl.
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #740

$68/mth deal:

This comes during the pre-sales period of a newly open AF gym. please note that the outlet may or may not hv it, so it's not a 100% confirmed thing. you have to do some homework, like track for any potential newly open gym and call up to check with the sales person if there is $68/mth during the pre-sales.

You don't to transfer outlet. The sales person will inform you that you can only visit the outlet which you sign up with for the first month. after the first month, you can visit other AF outlets.

Shower rooms:

They don't provide towels so you will have to bring yours. I haven't been to those 2 AF outlets that you have mentioned, but my experience with the rooms are that it's not as many as Fitness First or True Fitness. if u go during lunch time, be expected to queue.
Thanks for the information! I'll try to check out with the clementi branch since it's pre-launching? Maybe i'll visit the branch near my office to check it out.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #741

Thanks for the information! I'll try to check out with the clementi branch since it's pre-launching? Maybe i'll visit the branch near my office to check it out.
i think the clementi one their fb got mention ending soon. so i supposed now its already at 88/month for 1 year contract..
the 68 and 78 should be gone already.

after 88/month for 1 year gone, to get 88/month,u have to sign up 1.5year contract.. but best to msg them on fb or go down bah.
joeacid likes this.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #742

i think the clementi one their fb got mention ending soon. so i supposed now its already at 88/month for 1 year contract..

after 88/month for 1 year gone, to get 88/month,u have to sign up 1.5year contract.. but best to msg them on fb or go down bah.
Thanks. I'll do it right away!
Old 12-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #743

Argh... Unfortunately they replied me on FB :"Hello, the $68 packages were snapped up more that a month ago. We are now pushing our last batch of $88 (signing fee is waived) as we prepare to officially open the club this weekend. Hope to see you soon."

Too bad it's not available anymore...
Old 12-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #744

Argh... Unfortunately they replied me on FB :"Hello, the $68 packages were snapped up more that a month ago. We are now pushing our last batch of $88 (signing fee is waived) as we prepare to officially open the club this weekend. Hope to see you soon."

Too bad it's not available anymore...
$68/mth can easily snapped up in a day or 2. if it's a prime location it could be even in just a day. i sign up at upper cross street and it was gone in 2 and a half days.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #745

$68/mth deal:

Shower rooms:

hi guys,

1pm to 4pm is the least ppl ..literally me and at most 1 other dude.. morning i not so sure..12am also alot ppl.
any of you guys tried Owl gym? My bf and i planning to join together. they have trainers and nutritionists in the gym too. hope to get some feedback on them before my bf and i make a decision.

http://owlgym.com.sg/
kaixin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #746

any of you guys tried Owl gym? My bf and i planning to join together. they have trainers and nutritionists in the gym too. hope to get some feedback on them before my bf and i make a decision.

http://owlgym.com.sg/
looks not bad leh
and u can try this https://www.facebook.com/owlgym24hrs...20240711470121

think till september 15th,is free entry aslong as u show a image i think. 60/month for 1 year membership seems reasonable.. and 24/7 access.
kaixin18 likes this.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #747
High Supremacy Member

Their deal is sign month by month deduct by giro one or is 1 time hoot few k package one. I sibei buibui if lunch time go kallang wave there 1 hour kind wu hua boh

Sent from Van!shment Th!s World using GAGT
SynapseBreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 02:38 AM   #748

looks not bad leh

think till september 15th,is free entry aslong as u show a image i think. 60/month for 1 year membership seems reasonable.. and 24/7 access.
Their deal is sign month by month deduct by giro one or is 1 time hoot few k package one. I sibei buibui if lunch time go kallang wave there 1 hour kind wu hua boh

Sent from Van!shment Th!s World using GAGT
monthly giro....
only problem is not a very convenient location haha.

rental there is cheap though, hence the membership can be so good.

if i live near there, i will definitely go for this man!
only problem is not a very convenient location haha.

rental there is cheap though, hence the membership can be so good.

if i live near there, i will definitely go for this man!
looks not bad leh

but no point going to a gym without a trainer right? cos my bf and i want to have training to become fit. how do we go about this? any idea?
kaixin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #749

but no point going to a gym without a trainer right? cos my bf and i want to have training to become fit. how do we go about this? any idea?
Get diet (macronutrients) right and everything else will fall into pieces. There are a number of decent YouTube channels that explain how to go about doing exercises, my favourite is athlean x.
kaixin18 likes this.
teckgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #750

probably u pay for the gym.after tat u pay another amount for personal training sessions lor.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.