Bulking up and weight gain

mattmms

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am trying to gain weight and bulk up. Using various calculators online, i need to intake 3000 calories per day. Ive gone through some suggestions and it seems that it takes a ton of food to achieve that. Any recommendations on how to achieve that? Supplements? Or high protein higj calorie kind of food?

galapogos

Reaction score
No kidding, 3000 calories is a lot of food for someone who isn't eating much. If suggest slowly increasing

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
Can you give an example what is "a ton of food" to you??

darkhonour

Reaction score
i don't monitor what i eat; just whack and whack

but sometimes got financial limit, eat too much then not enough money for rest of the month :/

donald83

Master Member
Reaction score
What is a good workout for skinny hard gainers? I read an article that just do bench press, squats, rows and militaru oresses will do. Basically strong lift provram and do for 2 years. No need do those fanciful exercises

galapogos

Reaction score
What is a good workout for skinny hard gainers? I read an article that just do bench press, squats, rows and militaru oresses will do. Basically strong lift provram and do for 2 years. No need do those fanciful exercises

Something like that. Any full body program that focuses on the big, compound, free weight lifts will work best. Learn the lifts, master the lifts, then use them in medium to high reps with sufficient volume. Then eat/rest a lot.

donald83

Master Member
Reaction score
Something like that. Any full body program that focuses on the big, compound, free weight lifts will work best. Learn the lifts, master the lifts, then use them in medium to high reps with sufficient volume. Then eat/rest a lot.

I used to try SL 5X5 and no doubt my strength increased, but my lifts will stall at a particular weight especially for standing military press. In terms of muscle gains, not much.

So i switched to body part splits and i could see muscle gains but progress is slow

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to try SL 5X5 and no doubt my strength increased, but my lifts will stall at a particular weight especially for standing military press. In terms of muscle gains, not much.

So i switched to body part splits and i could see muscle gains but progress is slow

SL 5x5 is a strength program, of course the muscle gains are nothing to shout about. Want to gain muscular weight? Then go for hypertrophy programs.

donald83

Master Member
Reaction score
SL 5x5 is a strength program, of course the muscle gains are nothing to shout about. Want to gain muscular weight? Then go for hypertrophy programs.

But i read abt the relation btw strength and muscle. The more strength u gain, u will gain muscle naturally.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But i read abt the relation btw strength and muscle. The more strength u gain, u will gain muscle naturally.

There's a reason why strength programs are called strength programs & hypertrophy programs are called hypertrophy programs.

What you read isn't wrong in general but the specifics are where the differences lie. Strength programs - low reps with long rest periods, hypertrophy programs higher reps and much shorter rest periods as well as more volume.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.