HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental, Braces & Jaw Surgery

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #256

Hi everyone

I'm looking for a clinic to do braces. I know it cost about $3,500 and up but I looked at some clinic they tell you 3.5k then you need to add this and that end up about 4k.

I'm a part time student so I don't qualify for packages for full time students only. I live in the west and my office is in central. Any clinics to recommend?

Can try Parkway Dental at Orchard. They got student package about $4k and everything is included including retainers. It's also done by an orthodontist. Not just any normal dentist.
trombotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #257

Can try Parkway Dental at Orchard. They got student package about $4k and everything is included including retainers. It's also done by an orthodontist. Not just any normal dentist.
Thanks for the recommendation. Their web didn't show any info regarding student package. I just dropped them a message. I'm currently looking at:

iDental
Consultation Package: $220 including 2 consultations, 4 x-rays, study model and photos.

Conventional Metal Braces (1st Generation) : $3500

Student/NSF package, we will use the consultation fees that you have paid to offset your treatment cost!

All prices are before GST and do not include any other dental treatments such as scaling and polishing/retainers

Tooth Angel
Price for metal braces $3800
Instalments of $200

There is no downpayment/deposit.

What is included:
1. Models
2. Xrays

What is not included:
1. GST 7%.
2. Initial consultation $60.
3. Tooth extraction (if needed) $100 each (for premolars).
4. Wisdom tooth surgery (if needed) can be claimed fully by medisave.
5. Scaling and Polishing (if needed) by Hygienist $80 (normal) to $120 (very dirty).
6. Fillings (if needed) $80 and above (price depends on size and material).
7. Retainers (at the end of braces) $250 per arch.
dustypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #258

Fwah total cost for my surgery is 40-45K WTF sia.

Jaw Surgery - 16-20K
rhinoplasty - 5k
anesthetist fees - 4-5k
hardware plates and screws 4k
hospitalisation - 12k
3D planning 1.5k

Will there be surgery waiting list for Dr Hwang Q&M ? I'm gonna make op to see him next week.

Last edited by Prinsloo; 17-03-2017 at 07:11 PM..
Prinsloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #259

Jaw Surgery - 16-20K
rhinoplasty - 5k
anesthetist fees - 4-5k
hospitalisation - 12k
3D planning 1.5k

Will there be surgery waiting list for Dr Hwang Q&M ? I'm gonna make op to see him next week.
Q&M will not be the one doing the surgery for you, they will do all the work except for the surgery part which will be done by KTPH. Dr Hwang work very closely with KTPH.
KuKuBirDx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 12:49 AM   #260

Q&M will not be the one doing the surgery for you, they will do all the work except for the surgery part which will be done by KTPH. Dr Hwang work very closely with KTPH.
hello. i went to Q&M yesterday. the dentist ask me to do conventional braces instead of invisalign. My bf was furious. He doesn't want me to experience any pain. i have a small gap in my lower teeth. should i do braces or bonding? where can I go for a second opinion? thanks.
kaixin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #261

hello. i went to Q&M yesterday. the dentist ask me to do conventional braces instead of invisalign. My bf was furious. He doesn't want me to experience any pain. i have a small gap in my lower teeth. should i do braces or bonding? where can I go for a second opinion? thanks.
Got money dk where to spend, just do invisalign. No money, want fix teeth, conventional braces lor. Haha
Old 19-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #262

Everyone is different, it doenst make sense to let your boyfriend to judge the "pain" get it done and it'll be over, are u going to marry him? haha i have difficulty kissing my bf LOL
blyth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #263

Jaw Surgery - 16-20K
rhinoplasty - 5k
anesthetist fees - 4-5k
hospitalisation - 12k
3D planning 1.5k

I dropped Q&M an enquiry last week and they referred me to:
" Dr Jason Su who does metal braces at a package rate of *$3,852 nett, excluding retainer. An initial deposit of 50% down payment is payable upfront and the balance sum is paid via a monthly instalment of $107.
*includes consultation, pre-x-rays, study model, sterilization & disposable fees and GST."
dustypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 01:33 AM   #264

Got money dk where to spend, just do invisalign. No money, want fix teeth, conventional braces lor. Haha
i have the money. but the dentist said to go for braces. so how?

Everyone is different, it doenst make sense to let your boyfriend to judge the "pain" get it done and it'll be over, are u going to marry him? haha i have difficulty kissing my bf LOL
I dropped Q&M an enquiry last week and they referred me to:
" Dr Jason Su who does metal braces at a package rate of *$3,852 nett, excluding retainer. An initial deposit of 50% down payment is payable upfront and the balance sum is paid via a monthly instalment of $107.
*includes consultation, pre-x-rays, study model, sterilization & disposable fees and GST."
Q&M is ok i guess. depends on your dentist. the one's i've met so far have not been so good.
kaixin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 12:23 AM   #265

Q&M is ok i guess. depends on your dentist. the one's i've met so far have not been so good.

traditional metal braces is fastest
kaixin18 likes this.
lovemyself123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #266

for those who did jaw surgery, did u all had to do a face bow transfer/measure pre op? how much did it cost
lovemyself123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 01:32 AM   #267
Arch-Supremacy Member

for those who did jaw surgery, did u all had to do a face bow transfer/measure pre op? how much did it cost

i think mine was like express service.

there's no measurement done on my face, no post op projection, no 3d scanning, and im not even sure what will be done on my face as the surgeon told me bsso may or may not be done.

i did have the mould made and sent for lab tests though, and some photographs taken.

just 4 pre op visits and im at the table.
lengbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #268

considering invisalign as well. is Q&M reasonable in terms of their pricing compared to others? also how long does invisalign take to correct the teeth?
wahsmlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 06:08 AM   #269

considering invisalign as well. is Q&M reasonable in terms of their pricing compared to others? also how long does invisalign take to correct the teeth?
I think Q&M pricing is reasonable, provided u dont look for their senior doctor. Their senior doctors are generally more exp.
Old 24-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #270

I paid $535 for facebow transfer,but end up my jaw still crooked.i will go for revision surgery soon.
Chris8208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.