HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental, Braces & Jaw Surgery

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #16

I honestly think that one should opt private! It's faster and so much more flexible when you need to reschedule your next appt to tighten your braces. I've a Friend who had to wait 3 months for the next appt to tighten her braces just Bc she missed hers
bluesdaysss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #17

I honestly think that one should opt private! It's faster and so much more flexible when you need to reschedule your next appt to tighten your braces. I've a Friend who had to wait 3 months for the next appt to tighten her braces just Bc she missed hers
Totally agree! Hahaha! I doing braces at Q&M for 3.8k and jaw surgery at KTPH! They work very closely together! So can approach Q&M City Square Mall.
KuKuBirDx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #18

Up for awareness.. I concur with the bad experience. My mother was made to wait super long to make her dentures at NDC.

The front desk staff were rude over the phone, gave us such far off appointment dates of 4 or 5 months wait and the whole process was so extended that my mother lost so much weight waiting for dentures to eat her meals.

And, they have this habit to rescheduled her appointments in between. I wanted to cancel the arrangement and get it done at Q&M a few times when we were told appointment had to be postponed.

I regretted taking my mum to NDC. Eventually, the dentures didnt fit very well either. Had to get it adjusted at Q&M who did it for my mum at a nominal fee.

Totally disgusted.

hi i can confirm for the bad experience with NDC too.
their special discounted price for braces to be done by graduating dentistry students quoted to be around 4k too. this is the same rate as what you can get from private practice outside.

i am also on braces waiting for surgery. going for private all the way. for jaw surgery it is important for the orthodontist and the surgeon to work together and plan for what needs to be moved during the surgery.
Wilberttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:24 PM   #19

Hi guys! I just did my corrective jaw surgery this year in May. I had jaw problems before too but now everything's going well😎 If you have questions can ask me.
chocobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #20

Hi guys! I just did my corrective jaw surgery this year in May. I had jaw problems before too but now everything's going well😎 If you have questions can ask me.

Can you share your whole surgery journey? Like what are the PRE and POST surgery, what you ate, painful or not, etc? Haha
Old 10-10-2016, 02:13 PM   #21

Can you share your whole surgery journey? Like what are the PRE and POST surgery, what you ate, painful or not, etc? Haha
I documented the recovery process on my jaw blog cuz it was so difficult to find much info from Singapore-based jaw blogs so hope this can help.

First week of post-op was hell week! You can't talk and the hunger pangs get worse increasingly. All you can have is just liquids and you need to drink them like every two hours or so else you'll be super dehydrated. ��
lengbebe and blyth3 like this.

Last edited by chocobunny; 26-02-2017 at 04:05 AM..
Old 10-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #22

I documented the recovery process on my jaw blog cuz it was so difficult to find much info from Singapore-based jaw blogs so hope this can help. blessedjaws.wordpress.com

First week of post-op was hell week! You can't talk and the hunger pangs get worse increasingly. All you can have is just liquids and you need to drink them like every two hours or so else you'll be super dehydrated. 😭

I think this might be my most important question. How long is the MC?
Old 10-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #23

I think this might be my most important question. How long is the MC?
HAHAHAHAHA. 6 weeks. I heard like KTPH gives around 4 weeks? I did mine at NDC and the hospitalization leave was 6 weeks. But can request to extend.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #24

HAHAHAHAHA. 6 weeks. I heard like KTPH gives around 4 weeks? I did mine at NDC and the hospitalization leave was 6 weeks. But can request to extend.
Wah... 4 weeks is so little. KTPH can request to extend? Cause im going to do my at KTPH because my experience with NDC sucks. Plus i heard from many experts that KTPH is better with orthondontics
Old 11-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #25

Wah... 4 weeks is so little. KTPH can request to extend? Cause im going to do my at KTPH because my experience with NDC sucks. Plus i heard from many experts that KTPH is better with orthondontics
Haha i think both sides got their own good doctors. But hard to say cuz definitely i'm more biased towards them since i did my surgery with them and i felt that they were more specialized. Haha. My surgeon happened to be the director of NDC and she's daebak! What is most important is to be very comfortable with the surgeon. I have an NS friend who consulted both - NDC and KTPH in the end opting for private hospitals now.

Oh and high chance they should be able to extend for you. Plus you're still in NS right? 3 months no sports, and have to abstain from ALL contact sports for at least 6 months. You'll need the extra rest. When's your surgery? ��

Last edited by chocobunny; 11-10-2016 at 12:42 AM..
Old 11-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #26

Haha i think both sides got their own good doctors. But hard to say cuz definitely i'm more biased towards them since i did my surgery with them and i felt that they were more specialized. Haha. My surgeon happened to be the director of NDC and she's daebak! What is most important is to be very comfortable with the surgeon. I have an NS friend who consulted both - NDC and KTPH in the end opting for private hospitals now.

Oh and high chance they should be able to extend for you. Plus you're still in NS right? 3 months no sports, and have to abstain from ALL contact sports for at least 6 months. You'll need the extra rest. When's your surgery? ******************
Ya, im in NS. And im thinking about what are the ways to get longer MC! Hahahaha!

Im doing my braces with Q&M while my surgery with KTPH. Because Q&M braces is surprisingly cheaper than NDC. And NDC gave me a very bad experience so i decided not to do with them. Haha.

So got what ways to extend longer MC?

Last edited by KuKuBirDx3; 11-10-2016 at 01:59 PM..
Old 11-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #27

Ya, im in NS. And im thinking about what are the ways to get longer MC! Hahahaha!

Im doing my braces with Q&M while my surgery with KTPH. Because Q&M braces is surprisingly cheaper than NDC. And NDC gave me a very bad experience so i decided not to do with them. Haha.
You're lucky. I remember consulting Q&M and a few other private dental clinics but none of them dared to help me put braces as they said mine was a complicated case. Haha i nearly thought it was hopeless for me until i went via the polyclinic route and they asked me to choose where i wanted to be referred to. They also told me that KTPH and NDC are the best already.

But are you prepared for the op? Hahaha. How far in are you with your braces and when's the op? So excited for you
Old 11-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #28

You're lucky. I remember consulting Q&M and a few other private dental clinics but none of them dared to help me put braces as they said mine was a complicated case. Haha i nearly thought it was hopeless for me until i went via the polyclinic route and they asked me to choose where i wanted to be referred to. They also told me that KTPH and NDC are the best already.

But are you prepared for the op? Hahaha. How far in are you with your braces and when's the op? So excited for you
I have been on my braces for around 5 months now.. my dentist hopes to push me for my surgery earlier next year. Im also very excited to see the outcome! But the process makes my hair stand... i scare the pain will be unbearable. Hahaha! But seeing so many review saying it will be worth it and all, i feel less scare. 😂

So what methods can i use to extend my mc? Im gonna ORD next year OCT, and my surgery is earlier next year. So i need a few months of MC to siam alot of shits in camp.
Old 17-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #29

I have been on my braces for around 5 months now.. my dentist hopes to push me for my surgery earlier next year. Im also very excited to see the outcome! But the process makes my hair stand... i scare the pain will be unbearable. Hahaha! But seeing so many review saying it will be worth it and all, i feel less scare. 😂

So what methods can i use to extend my mc? Im gonna ORD next year OCT, and my surgery is earlier next year. So i need a few months of MC to siam alot of shits in camp.
Sorry! My reply has been late. Hahaha aside from getting your jaws broken and fixed, go break an arm or a leg to extend your mc😂 But it's better for you to ask your surgeon to write a memo to your (how-do-you-call-your-officer-in-charge) to state that you have to be off all types of sports for at least 3 months / contact sports for at least 6 months.

And you'll be fine For me, it didn't hurt after the surgery. The only thing unbearable for me was the liquid diet since I really eat alot and just getting only liquids made me so desperate for solid foods.
Old 17-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #30

Hi chocobunny,

Can i know the total cost of the procedure and all the breakdown.. the surgery itself, any additional cost for equipment and the hospital stay?
lovemyself123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.