All the best!
Prinsloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 02:22 PM   #347

Well looks like it's my turn today! Can't wait!!'
Goodluck! Wish u all the best! Hahaha
KuKuBirDx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #348

Wah the first day sounds dam agony!!

Please be well soon ~ drink more milk n juice ??

😰
Appetite not very good... drank a few mouth of ensurr milk and im full. Drink more will feel like vomitting. And always tired. Reaction very slow as well.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:15 PM   #349
Arch-Supremacy Member

Appetite not very good... drank a few mouth of ensurr milk and im full. Drink more will feel like vomitting. And always tired. Reaction very slow as well.
After your first post op appt it will be much better. Just bear with it!
lengbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #350
Master Member

Lai lai my turn to update on my op process I guess

Fri - 19 May 2017
Went to the Hospital at about 9.30am, registered, drew a vial of blood for my blood test and got placed into a day surgery ward to hold me until my surgery as the room I requested for is not available yet.

About 1.30pm - Nurses came and transferred me to the pre-ops room to wait, waited for about 30-45 mins there before my doctors came in and I was wheeled to the operating theater.

6.10pm - My mum got a call that my surgery was completed, but due to come miscommunication, I wasn't actually released until about 9-10pm as the oxygen concentration in my blood was too low. As a result, I was kept in ICU overnight to monitor my oxygen concentration. Throughout the entire experience, did not feel any major pain, but more of discomfort as I was not used to my jaw being clamped shut and I have no place for the blood/phlegm to discharge from.

20 May 2017 - Day 2
Woke up still in ICU, got transferred to the general ward at about 3.30pm. Was given hot clear soup as breakfast, lunch and dinner (honestly just tasted those chicken stock soup), was encouraged to drink/eat more as I will be off the IV drip that day. Managed to build up quite an appetite and I discovered I had a cheat code for drinking as I have a tooth pulled out in my lower jaw, giving me a space to insert the syringe into. Did nothing except to sleep continuously in the general ward and wake up when it is time to take my medicine or for the nurses to change my ice pack. Had a slight fever that night but couldn't really recall what happened except I was made to take a medicine and the fever was gone come morning.

21 May 2017
Everything is okay, doctor came to visit again to summarize what happened during the entire surgery and what happened, explained the usage and dosage of the anti-biotics and painkiller and how to take them and what I should be looking out for/doing in the next few days, discharged today at about 11am!

Overall: Not much pain, more of discomfort, managed to find an opening for my phlegm /blood to spill out of in day 2, so it got better. Currently jsut resting at home and playing computer games to pass the time
holychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 05:47 AM   #351

Replying to holychef ~ can't quote u cause ur word count exceed 2k LOL

Glad you feel fine and very happy for u to find the magical opening 😂

Please take care and wish u speedy recovery!!
ELLYXRICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #352

Hi, in case anyone need this food tips. On my day 3 & 4, i became very nauseated and my stomach is at its maximum discomfort. This being said, i only slept less than 1hr during the night of those 2 days. Finally, i found out the reason.

I have been having ensure milk, milo, plain water, and lots of medications. However, one thing im lacked of. Which is sodium. My body lacked of sodium. So, you might want to try mixing KFC whipped potato with any soup. I tried with LAO HU TANG Lotus soup. It's so far the best! Furthermore, its more filling because it contains potato and you can use it to drink using a syringe.

-Problem Solved-
Old 23-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #353
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, in case anyone need this food tips. On my day 3 & 4, i became very nauseated and my stomach is at its maximum discomfort. This being said, i only slept less than 1hr during the night of those 2 days. Finally, i found out the reason.

I have been having ensure milk, milo, plain water, and lots of medications. However, one thing im lacked of. Which is sodium. My body lacked of sodium. So, you might want to try mixing KFC whipped potato with any soup. I tried with LAO HU TANG Lotus soup. It's so far the best! Furthermore, its more filling because it contains potato and you can use it to drink using a syringe.

-Problem Solved-
Just a few more days before the end of the horrible antibiotics! Tahan a bit more
lengbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #354

I went for wisdom tooth extraction surgery yesterday, can't chew as of now so made myself sweet potato purée for breakfast lunch and dinner lol. Sweet potato got a lot of nutrients!! Maybe you can try too ☺️

-Problem Solved-
ELLYXRICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #355

Hey has anyone had braces done at The Braces Practice before? I have an underbite and wish to get my jaws corrected.
wesaytherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #356

Just a few more days before the end of the horrible antibiotics! Tahan a bit more
Hahaha! Today is last day! But i decided not to take it today because last night was another terrible night AFTER taking the med. Maybe its too strong for my body.
Old 23-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #357

I went for wisdom tooth extraction surgery yesterday, can't chew as of now so made myself sweet potato purée for breakfast lunch and dinner lol. Sweet potato got a lot of nutrients!! Maybe you can try too ☺️
Cannot eh! Im on pure liquid diet. Potato also cannot... even mashed potato. Need be liquid potato. Haha
Old 23-05-2017, 04:43 PM   #358

Hey has anyone had braces done at The Braces Practice before? I have an underbite and wish to get my jaws corrected.
Not sure! Sorry!
Old 23-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #359

Cannot eh! Im on pure liquid diet. Potato also cannot... even mashed potato. Need be liquid potato. Haha
So do you still regret having it done?
lovemyself123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #360
Master Member

bro when you taking out ur surgical bands? just went for my first post-op review today and was told I can take it out on fri!
holychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.